Hurricane Milton

You are correct Sir, Seminole Heights.

3 Likes

Boy has Seminole Heights changed since the 90s. Haha. Nice spot to live Prince!!

2 Likes

some places where worse. Didn’t think we would have power for a month. They were fast. Some of the lines still need work, but they did an excellent job. We were definitely blessed.

13 Likes

Woah, that’s some damage. Sorry for those people that were displaced. We sure can live with no power than that. :pensive:

5 Likes

Don’t know about y’all , but I’m thankful how focused recovery efforts have been here in FL .

2 Likes

The power just clicked on for us. Super happy that it’s back on. Thanks again for all the well wishers but there are still people here that need your prayers and thoughts in the next coming months. Two major hurricanes in 2 weeks, just crazy. Major props to all my Florida peeps.

19 Likes

17 Likes

Happy to hear you got power back. I know I am still dealing with intermittent internet right now.

4 Likes

Hoping you guys are safe over there and other people as well.

3 Likes

I am at the Lakeland FL public library right now, maybe elec back on by Friday at my residence.

11 Likes

Oh boy !
Sorry to hear that @Calyxander. Hopefully they will get it on for yous faster than Friday. Our daughter lives in Seffner and they have a timeline of Thursday.

1 Like

Thanks, this is really not a big deal, I made it thru Andrew in '92, (I lived in SoFLA then)
Wilma and assorted others have cut off my power over the years probably 7 or 8 times.

Actually my biggest problem is that the fishing dock on the lake in my backyard was totally demolished…

7 Likes

I went through Andrew myself. I was on a ship offshore to provide assistance to Miami. We cracked the hull of our ship going into the eye to ride it out in the calm. First time of many times that I thought I wasn’t gonna make it.

I’m glad to see most everyone made it through Milton, coulda been real bad…
Hope the power comes on soon for everyone!

6 Likes

Well, glory, glory hallelujah, upon my return to my place I find restored power. The natives rejoice.
Now I need to get a small boat for fishing (kayak).

Deprivation leads to greater appreciation of the essentials. My heart is soaring.

Thanks for all of the kind thoughts.

18 Likes

@Calyxander, that is just awesome to hear. Glad you will be back on the track to normal soon.

2 Likes

:sunglasses: what’s in your lake?

1 Like

Largemouth, bluegills, catfish, bowfin, gar, but not many specks or bream like warmouth or shell crackers, no tilapia, (and my favorite-- peacock bass are not this far north)

ETA
Lots of gators, so kayak may not be a good idea?

10 Likes

Stoked for you!

Deprivation leads to greater appreciation of the essentials. My heart is soaring.

This is so insightful and profound. Well said and felt wholeheartedly. Hoping you find a sweet kayak for fishing soon! Many blessings and much love

4 Likes

Jon boat and trolling motor

3 Likes

Any aligator gar? I hooked on of tgose as a kid and boy was that a lot of “fun”.

1 Like