I did the numbers. My first two years back

Or go one step further with the break down to $6.25 a day, less than a cup of Starbucks!

5 Likes

Smokin govt weed= sucks to be me
Smoking homegrown =priceless

Just sayin

5 Likes

Wonder. How much money soil and coco growers throw away after every year lol

3 Likes

I looked up Mapito and Growpito. They don’t seem to sell it around me. I found some info on DIY Mapito. Do you buy it or make your own?

2 Likes

@cdnbuddy made his , out off Rockwool chunks and foam chunks , he is Canadian
I buy my Mapito and then add foam chunks from a backseat of a car to it
@Floyd

Rockwool chunks and open cell foam is all that’s needed : )

2 Likes

What about those beads I saw? They aren’t necessary?

2 Likes

No not necessary : ) the foam does a great job providing more air and structure etc to the Rockwool and the roots love growing threw it so it doesn’t take up valuable root space in the crate , or reduce crates fluid volume capacity kind off : )
Very easy for the plants to feed etc from Mapito as it offers very little resistance unlike soil or coco , that’s where the power comes from , like dwc nearly without the hassle

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. A couple more questions if you don’t mind. So this is totally reusable? How much work is it to clean and reuse if it is?

2 Likes

The first time we use Mapito we must set it to 5.6 ph , this takes some flushing and it’s always good to go overboard , but we only do this for the first use

When finished the first grow all we do is flush the tide line out that runs across the top half of crate ( from flooding and draining ) , this is a lot quicker and easier than the first flushing as we are only quickly removing the salt tide line out of crate ( mainly k the lest mobile of the elements )
The first flush is removing some of the chalk lime from the Rockwool , so a more controlled and thourogh flush required
Been using the same Mapito for years over and over : )

2 Likes

So your using a flood and drain system? Do you have a link so I could have a look at what your doing. Sorry about all the questions.

2 Likes

I love to chat growing : )
I did have a small topic on here just finished , but I did not show much in it , was just havin fun " Mapito simply the best "
@cdnBuddy , has topic , found my roots in Mapito : )
If you want to chat more about Mapito you can pm me also : )

3 Likes

Ok, thanks very much for answering my questions. Ill check out cndBuddys thread. :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ll see you over there : )

3 Likes

Off the top of my head I go though 2 bales of promix a year. Give or take. It’s hard to be sure because I use it for veggies too.

Getting rid of it is easy. Secretly getting it up the elevator is the hard part.

4 Likes

@Foreigner imagine if you only had to bring your medium up once and that was you forever sorted : )

4 Likes

Yeah - it’s a bit of a pain.

I keep it in the trunk until late at night when the elevators have light traffic. I use a tiny dolly and cover the bale in sheets so you can’t see what it is.

I like promix though - I’ve got it dialed in.

4 Likes

If your dailed in and using salts , then the only change is ph and maybe f and d if your not already using that system : )
I think doing stuff at nite or after working hours is waaaay more suspicious and stands out a lot more , if it were me I would still disquise it but would brass neck it during the day’s hustle and bussel and think nothing of it

3 Likes

Overgrow a blessing and a chore. New expirements to come.

2 Likes

Love the thinking there. And I bet it works wonders for the wife’s mindset haha

1 Like

Prices are just creeping up everywhere .
Lumber, food , gas, housing all up at least 10 percent in 2 years imho.
But my smoke is still relatively cheap and better than I could buy.
I grow way more than I can ever smoke at the moment.
It’s more a hobby / therapy for me.

6 Likes