I Dream of Breeding

Interesting, was not aware but that makes sense too honestly. I had not heard anything negative about Trsc, as far as I know their seeds are legit. It’s coming out that the guy behind ACE is another one of those breeders that lie and has done some shady shit. They mixed a lot of their sativas with PCK because they had trouble stabilizing them/having good yield, this was the case with their Malawi. They only in recent years acknowledged its use in some of their work because people were asking questions. Can’t remember where but someone had posted about this in one of the Landrace threads

1 Like

Not sure, the original mother had 3’s but mostly 4’s. Think it’s just this clone acting different because it also has a bunch of singular leaf sets which is weird. In general, I think this line has some mutations present because a number of them will have a few lower leaves with the duckfoot trait

2 Likes

So you’re saying they’re selling fake stock in the same way WOS is? I will say, I remember going back for their Iranian awhile ago and they had run out but when I went to get check again recently, they were back in stock but still said it’s from the 2019 ascension. Which shouldn’t be the case if they truly ran out, I just assumed they never updated the description but idk :man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

@District_Flora yeah, ace have done some shady shit. But that Malawi is fire though :grin:

I believe that the stock is not fake, but its obvious that changes have been made over the years, but what they dont disclose is what have been done. Like in the example above, what does “modern breeding” mean? Crossing? Selecting? Selfing?

I dont want to shit on TRSC, but its not the Saint that some people make out it to be. I think its more of the Ace type story. I want to finish by saying that i still buy seeds from TRSC and Ace. In The past ive also bought most of the beans sold by WoS. As I said before, If you think about WoS cultivars as any other strain, they are good and they are quite unique. But they are not what it says on the package, which is obvious to everyone who grows it.

Anyway, i love your strains and im excited to see more from you :grin:

Pz my friend :v:t2:

3 Likes

I hear you, I feel the same way about the WoS Colombian Gold. Definitely not what they advertised but I still enjoyed the results so I’m not particularly complaining, I’m just a stickler about having accurate info on lineage.

Thank you, I hope you enjoy the show!

4 Likes

Recently been listening to podcast interviews of the guy apparently behind THRSC and KWIK. Angus something. Enjoyed hearing his take on the anthropology of cannabis use. He says finding true un-contaminated ‘landrace’ cultivars is not easy. Have been considering an order to THRSC, but will continue my research for now.

Like what I am seeing in the pictures!

2 Likes

I think that maybe due to some of the stock being stuck in certain countries due to covid and only in recent times being able to start moveing about again. Wich would probably explain it still being the 2019 and some of the first parcels that originally got through genuinely running out

2 Likes

Ahh, that’s actually makes more sense

1 Like

I’d still give them a shot, they have some great selections and many of the Afghan varieties that have been going for hundreds of dollars lately have been in their stock for some years now with affordable price tags.

Thank you, hope the flower will impress as well!

1 Like

@District_Flora any updates on your wonderful cross?

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like

Just sprayed them down again with Botanigard 22WP and will wait 24hrs to take the clippings, then I will spray them down with this IPM product called “Garlic Barrier” that is supposed to be pretty good. In the meantime, I’m cleaning out my cloner and getting the seeds for my Freakers co-op run into a wet paper towel tonight.

Ideally, I flip over to flower by next week.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I haven’t flipped yet because I suspect a minor infestation. I assume I’m allergic to spider mites and/or aphids because I break out in hives where exposed skin brushes up against infested leaves. Thought I was trippin for the longest until I looked up causes, so apparently I’ve been cursed/blessed with an internal pest detection system.

All that to say, the hives keep popping up, so I’m trying to clear them out before I switch and I’m hoping I can get them gone by some time next week :crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4:.

Here’s the tentuation currently after some defloliation:

My Falkor #3 clone is growing a bit different than the original, keeps pushing out three leaf and singular leaf sets:

Finally, I know I’m having pest problems but I haven’t seen this particular issue associated with any pests issues I’ve had in the past. Looks like high ppm issue? I can’t check run off for a few days since they’ve just been watered. So far this is the only plant exhibiting this issue:

7 Likes

Switched them over about two weeks ago or so, now we wait! Been a bit busy so I don’t know if there are any smells just yet but I’ll check next time I open up the tent.

4 Likes

Long time no see huh? Unfortunately I haven’t done my due diligence taking decent pics but I’ll post what I have and take some more this week.

A shot of the tent during week 5 or so

Falkor x Burmese has an interesting fermented fruit smell with a touch of sour/spice. Very Sativa-like growth/bud shape but the nugs are dense

Falkor #46 was a bit of an outlier in structure, bud shape/density, and color. This one stayed short and grew bushy like an indica with golf ball size/shaped buds, was mostly green unlike 90% of Falkor phenos which are typically purple, and also had more of a fruity bubble gum smell vs the more common sour and/or spicy guava terps I’ve found in this line. I assume this one is a bit more Crimea Blue dominant, hence the structure

Falkor #3 regarding structure, growth, color is the most common pheno represented in the line. However, #3
has “chem” terps on the back end which I’m looking to intensify long term

Iranian x Colombian Gold went from an acrid/sweet/musk to a somewhat musky/lime/eucalyptus/earthy smell. It’s probably going to be last to chop, it just keeps throwing out white hairs so I’m excited to see how bit the bud gets on the one in the 3gl vs the 5gl. Will take more pics closer to finish

Well that’s all I got for now! I have some Mazandaran, Iranian vegging in 1gals which will be transferred to bigger pots for flower after this run wraps up. Yes, they’ll be for the Freakers.

Also vegging some testers of my Iranian x My Fault (Ohana [Fem] (Nirvana: Maui Waui X ACE: Congo) X Hannibal [Male] (ACE: Congo X Hash passion))

See y’all later :v:t4:

12 Likes

Falkor x Burmese

More Iranian x Colombian

13 Likes

Mazandaran, Iranian @Upstate

One of the phenos self FIM’d (don’t know if there’s a specific name for this)

I just watered them when I took this pic, they have been in dry soil for about a week or so. Love a low maintenance plant

11 Likes

I’m super late here! This is a really interesting mutation or throwback… Newb2.0 is growing out the Dirty Taxi’s (GMO x {Chemdawg D x I-95}) from TopDawgSeeds and has a plant doing this same exact thing!

Leaf’s with no more than 3 blades, lot of single blades. No reveg or anything. We figured it might’ve been some OG type throwback but if it shows up like that in the Falkor, that doesn’t seem to have any OG in it? Then its gotta be some older landrace or something coming out :thinking:

Did you ever come to any conclusion on it?

You have a lot of interesting genetics going on here! IDK how I missed your thread for the last few months but things are looking great in here! Love the work your doing! ^^

7 Likes

Oooh sweet! Can’t wait to see what these do.
How’s that Colombian/ Iranian. Neat combo. Which Colombian did you use, if it isn’t a secret, that is?

2 Likes

I’ve had a couple landraces self top. Durban is one that comes to mind, but there were others.

1 Like

No such thing as “late” with this party! That’s interesting though, there no OG in Falkor though. There’s some phenos with duck feet leaves but they usually present on one of the earlier leaf sets and are normal after that.

As far as the Landrace connection, Falkor has West Hindu Kush from the Red Dragon side and Paki from the Congo (ACE). If you believe that OG was chemdawg crossed with Lemon Thai/Paki then that could be something?

I never figured it out, the line has a few mutations that I’ve never seen in either of the parent lines so the cross must have woken up some recessive genes I’m guessing.

Thanks, I appreciate it! Stop on by anytime, probably east to miss since I wasn’t consistently posting. I’ll be doing a Freakers run so I’ll try to be consistent with updates.

5 Likes