I Dream of Breeding

Been awhile since I last updated

Unfortunately, no males from the Mazandaran but not all hope is lost! I just copped some STS spray but have been procrastinating, it came with a list of a few methods of application.

To anyone familiar with feminizing plants or using STS sprays, do you have a suggestion as to which of these methods is most effective?

6 Likes

Method 3 , spray 3-5 days before flip then every 5 days until you have collected pollen Saks and one tip your paper doesn’t have is that reversed females pollen sacks doesn’t grow the little stem thingy for the pollen sack so it’s very difficult for them to open up so most strains(possibly all I’m not sure) once they grow you will have to harvest them and use some kind of desiccant in a Ziploc to open them up and collect the pollen from them , I hope that helps

2 Likes

Interesting, I’ll probably have to ask follow up questions regarding that last bit with the branch removal and desiccants lol. I’ve also read that I should flip the female that I’m spraying a few weeks before the rest of the plants so that I won’t miss pollination window, is that something you agree with or would I be good to flip them all at the same time?

2 Likes

Well not "branch removal " the way it was explained to me was just remove the individual sacks and maybe not a Ziploc bag, dry them in a small Tupperware with that plug in closet desicant , might even have to open them up with tweezers

1 Like

Long time no see? Busy life, but I’m still growing!

Just flipped to flower last night, all of these are Mazandaran with the exception of the short plant in the 1gal which is the GoldenEye clone:

I love the shape of these plants, reminds me of like a mace with a singular spike sticking up.

Then we have this little 3 leaf seedling I wanted to share of one of my Razavi crosses

The smells I’m getting from these in veg already is piney/pungent/sour, it actually reminds me of an OG if I could compare it to anything

11 Likes

And that’s what I was thinking like a vapory sour pickle :slight_smile: and that’s what I remember of the OG’s back late 90s early 2000s OG = pickles :slight_smile: lol

1 Like

Definitely enjoyed reading through your thread. Found some useful info also. Great growing!! @District_Flora

3 Likes

Yes! That’s a good description for one of these actually. I can’t wait until my Razavi are further along to see how similar our stock is. They aren’t known to be very homogenous unlike these Mazandaran appear to be

1 Like

Glad this thread was able to provide some knowledge! Hoping I can show off a lot more when I move into a bigger space (ideally in the next couple of months) since I’m currently not working with much space. In the mean time, happy to entertain any visitors that wanna check out what I have going on. :pray:t4:

1 Like

Got the opportunity to cop some clones of Dogwalker and/or Irene OG, anyone have any idea which one is more pungent/foul? Or even a preference for one over the other and a reason(s)?

So I wanted to let you know that I found a burnt rubber male in what I have going right now and I’m super excited about it :slight_smile: have you found anything like that yet?

3 Likes

Nope. Last time I ran them, of five seeds, only two made it and both were females. One had a musky/sweet hibiscus/eucalyptus smell and the other had no smell at all during flower until I cured it, that was “RKS” pheno I’m chasing now. Burnt rubber on a male sounds like a catch, you should save pollen or clone it to see how dominate its traits are in crosses

1 Like

Update:

Will probably have to wait another week but I think these ladies have been successfully pollinated.

Here’s a creeper pheno that’s trying to take up the tent after topping once

Tied down the main cola of this one out of concern it’ll get too close to the lights, I just love the morphology of these plants though

12 Likes

Just about at the finish line for most of these, there’s a sativa leaning pheno that may need to stick around a bit longer though:

Spotlights:

#1 Sativa leaning pheno

#4 Creeper pheno

#2 “normal” pheno

#5 “normal” purple hue pheno

#6 Self-topper

Last but not least, my GoldenEye clone which seems to be more sativa presenting this round in every way except it’s height. Pollinated with some Mazandaran pollen to become DoubleEye, will likely find a winner male and Bx to clone. We’ll see!

Some notes about what I’ve learned:
-if you veg them for a long time, they’ll get nitrogen and CalMag hungry real quick
-in flower they want extra phosphorus
-the branches can’t hold shit, so have your yo-yo’s and bamboo stakes ready
-the smells are faint (likely because they’re seeded) but I’d say they’re pretty pungent/Kushy with maybe some lime on the backend

15 Likes

This run is complete btw, plants are hang drying currently. Will work out Freakers distribution after I shuck the plants and get a rough estimate of seeds.

Next up: Razavi Khorasan & Dog Walker OG. I’ll likely make a cross of the two but I’m really looking for the most acrid Razavi pheno I can find to make “Kebab Breath” (Razavi x Meatbreath F2) and “Puck You” (Puck Bx3 x Razavi). The latter is part of a bigger breeding project I have in mind also involving Twin Peaks (Chem Sis x Chem ‘91 Bx3), this will basically end up being my spin on Dominion Seeds “Sis Skunk,” which will likely end up being crossed to the finished product.

Until next time folks :v:t4::v:t4:

10 Likes

Alright! Pack made it bro! @District_Flora that’s one fancy pack too :slight_smile:

Oh and btw that name makes a lot more sense now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Long time no post, huh? Took a bit of a break from growing and then had some bug issues when I came back :upside_down_face:. Got all of that cleared up so we’re starting anew! Here’s what I got going on:

My little closet veg has 4 clones of Dogwalker to the left and to the right a bunch of mutated F2 Meatbreath seedlings from 2020 that I copped off Strainly.:crossed_fingers:t4:they’re actually Meatbreath, I have one in the tent already. In the center of those is a “The Menthol” clone

A little before and after. In the most recent pic, I have two more Dogwalker’s in the back to the right, the front left row is more Mazandaran. First in the center is an alleged clone of a 2005 piff bag seed called Hailey’s Comet but upon further research, the seller is a known scammer but I’m also told this particular cut may be the real deal :man_shrugging:t4:. Flowering it out to see for myself. Behind it in the back is Meatbreath, the 6 on the left are DoubleEye which is GoldenEye (Razavi Iranian x Colombian Gold (WoS)) x Mazandaran, and the two little ones in the front are Piff Bx3 clones.

So, plans? Hunt the Meatbreath for keepers, hunt Mazandaran for a male to pollinate Meatbreath and Dogwalker. Use Odisha (India) pollen on Dogwalker for shits & giggles. Hunt DoubleEye for a female to be pollinated by Puck Bx3 pollen to work towards my “Cuz Skunk” project which will be my play on Dominion Seed’s “Sis Skunk” when I finally add Twin Peaks (Chem Sis x Chem 91) to the mix.

Not sure how far along I’ll get with all that this year lol, somewhere in between I plan on revisiting the Shashamane and Tuna Kush. Also supposed to be running Bodhi’s Aruba landrace and an older ascension of Razavi for the Freakers! I just bought my first house, so I’m hoping I’ll now have room to work on a bunch of stuff at once. Wish me luck, will come back to post them in flower :v:t4::v:t4:

10 Likes

Welcome back and glad you got your bug issue handled. Congrats on first house woohoo! Great looking plants will be following along for this show!

4 Likes

Thank you for the kind words, it’s good to be back! Looking forward to sharing some wonderful plants, stay tuned!

1 Like