I got seeds, but no males present.?

I encountered the same thing today. I was trimming two plants from the same tent. These were two different strains but both from feminized autoflower seeds. They were located next to each other in the garden, but while the first plant had no seeds the second contained 20 or so. No males ever in this garden - it’s the first crop in a new tent, new grow, new house, and all grown from auto-fem seeds.

I figured there must have been boy parts that went undetected but they weren’t enough to pollinate the neighboring plant. I understand the seeds will be feminized and could possibly herm if I grow them. Will they retain the autoflower traits as well? This plant produced 5oz+ of buds and has great structure and potency. I can put up with a few seeds if the resulting plant keeps giving me more so I don’t have to spend $5 every time I want to start a new one…

4 Likes

Was it a late hermie or an early one ?

the real late hermies produce fem seeds, = Rodelization
have a article I can put up if anyone is interested

3 Likes

No sure about the auto, but very well could. 1/4 of my plants started to flower by week 3. The rest started about 10 days ago, a few waited for the flip.

I got a three seeds out of two bags from a delivery service. I’m going to have to assume that it was a result of a hermi. the plus side is feminizes seeds but they may also hermi. As long as I don’t have a cab full of different plants that end up getting fully seeded, I’m ok with them for a “practice run”. Especially since two of the seeds cane from some critical mass nugs that were very good.

2 Likes

Here ya go, from Soma, its been around for ever and a day, dot 1 no doubt
https://freemygreenpdx.com/topic/3183-rodelization-somas-way-to-female-seeds/

1 Like

@Old-Ron just popped 7 bag seeds from 3 different strains. All 7have shown taproot, gonna put in soil tomorrow!

Was the Dark Ghost Train ( Grape Ape x GTH )
The DGT was feminized seeds. I also have 12 Ghost Train Haze #1 regs I get to play with soon :call_me_hand:

Maybe one of em identified as a male :smiley::rofl:

3 Likes

If you have somewhere you can grow them outside and you liked the mother’s smoke than go for it

If both parents were autos Hermie or not they would be auto seeds

3 Likes

7 for 7 is a great ratio. Will be interesting to follow the grow. Hope you do a journal for it.

Most great strains cake from hermie bag seed Chem ogs ect. I would grow them .l.