I have a question

Is this a hermie?..I thought it was a straight male but today I noticed pistils emerging. What would come about if I dusted those pistils?

…(5 mins of pondering)…

I’m gonna put some pollen on those pistils because I am SUPER CURIOUS of what could develop.
Or better yet let it pollinate itself?..man idk

6 Likes

Toss it! Herm all day.

7 Likes

Looks like a hermi to me. I would kill it personally but it’s your choice. I don’t want to mess with hermied plants.

5 Likes

Yes it is a hermi. I would also chuck it.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Hermie for the wormies

8 Likes

Like everyone else said, it has intersex traits.

Now for your thought experiment, if you pollinated those pistils you would be making S1 seeds. These S1s would be both male and female. And, unfortunately, also have the potential for intersex since both “parents” have that trait.

9 Likes

That’s incorrect an s1 is always gonna be the gender of the selfed plant, even if its showing intersex traits its either gonna have the y chromosome or not as a female plant showing male traits or a male showing female traits and resulting seeds would either be feminized or malenized with a strong possibility of showing intersex traits in the offspring

1 Like

This is a male plant (XY) pollinating itself. The resulting offspring be both female (XX) and male (XY).

If this was a female plant (XX) pollinating itself, the resulting offspring would be only female (XX) because there is no Y chomosome to give.

9 Likes

I suppose that would be accurate if it was in fact a male and had the y chromosome which I guess would lead me to my next question of what would yy end up being?

2 Likes

Some of them would be YY, but I’ve read that those will be non-viable.

6 Likes

thanks for elaborating. what wonderful information you all share!!

4 Likes

I was assuming so because of this.

Good question, I deliberately left that put because it complicated things.

That is understanding as well.

4 Likes

Kill it twice.

7 Likes

You don’t want this… Burn it with fire :fire: :sweat_smile: :raised_hands: :v:

6 Likes

I appreciate all the insightful information…I followed everyone’s advice and put Rupaul down.

10 Likes

Funeral

10 Likes

Out with the old…Hermie, in with the new…plant!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Depends on what showed first, another thing to remember even with studies on herm Thai population it’s been noted that the subsequent generation does not have a increased herm rates. Just saying.
Another thing is if male showed first that is what most seasoned breeders look for in a male donor. They usually have less chance of herm rate (per DJ shorts teachings, ethos also uses this approach, and a few others I chose not to mention)

Like the rest have stated toss it man.

1 Like

Hermie, kill it and if it’s a hermed male kill it extra cause all it’s seeds gonna be male too

2 Likes