I hesitate to put these images up!

Plant at Day 60 exactly, why or what would cause the leaves on my plant shrivel at least 80% of them practically, overnight? water pH’ed at 6.94. planted in compost, feed jacks 20-20-20 first 3 weeks of flower then jack’s bloom booster with watering until harvest, been doing it this way for a while with little problems until this? this is open for discussion - if interested!
(images included below)
much appreciation in advance:
regards,

edit question: Should I or Not continue to process this plant as normal? dry it out, jar it up, etc… or get rid (gulp!) of it? I just do not know, help?

felt uncomfortable about it, had to look, looks bad too me! what do y’all think? new close ups added. these are mainly from the spindley leaves that wilted.

regards,

13 Likes

I’m no pro but such rapid change makes me think root related.

9 Likes

That pH level is too high hum|nullxnull, they look as if they were dehidrated, what’s the temperature an humidity? How often and how much do you water them,? :sunglasses:

8 Likes

This first thing that jumped into my head

3 Likes

temp is around 79 F, humidity has been fluctuating bad the last couple of weeks, between 30%-44%. have not been able to keep it stable. it was so dry and then it jumped back and forth for several days. I water as needed when the plants dry about 1 to 1.5" below the soil mostly. I water from the roots up. thanks for the response!

regards,

5 Likes

Hi there
I agree with @George ph way too high
Drop it down to between 5.8 and 6.2

this could have caused lock out flush to clear clear this up then feed at 1/2 teaspoon per gal ( low PpmS )

If you plants are taking longer then 3 days between watering their too wet ( plants hate wet feet right George )
Watering from the bottom is tricky it took me a few grows to get the proper amount of water to make it works without problems
Just my 2 cents
Peace
Paps

11 Likes

Good point Arriba|nullxnull, missed by language ignorance the water from the roots up part, if they sit too much time in water that could cause some root rot and explain what others pointed as root problems. Just experienced similar symptoms with transplant shock but discarded as they were in advanced flower stage … :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Is the white stuff at the bottom of the plant something that you put there?? Or is it like dry salt??

4 Likes

If it really died overnight it was probably an infection of one sort or another. If the buds don’t have visible mold, and there’s no reason to believe that they’re covered in spores, you should be good to go. They look mostly dried already lol.

10 Likes

There are a couple types if pahogen related wilt that will cause this , fusarium being one. I would throw that soil away or compost it just to be safe.
Are they crunchy or soft and wilted ?

10 Likes

its done and over now just cut it, looks like it went dry and roots probably died back or something also is that a pipecleaner tied around the bottom of the stalk to that stake ??? Any chance it cut through the cambium layer of the stem…

8 Likes

Yup done like dinner looks dry enough to smoke

7 Likes

Yeah that’s not a pH or humidity issue it looks like the plant roots died 2 weeks ago and it withered on the vine.

Did it get wayyy too dry at any point? If growing media gets too dry it can kill all the root hairs, and the plant can’t properly recover, and it either dies from it or is now prone to infection.

I’d look into fungal/viral diseases if it never got too dry. How do the roots look? Might as well hash that plant anyway.

6 Likes

Thats how them jungle boyz do it called ripening on the vine.

4 Likes

d.e. powder to kill anything that might come out of the compost and try to crawl up the stalk or post!

regards,

3 Likes

started soft, then turned crunchy quickly afterwards, within the next day!

regards,

no, no, no! It’s garden ties either twine, and both soft spongy type and the coated wire type garden hangers. but I do make sure to leave room for growth. I’ve also started using clips to attach my plants to the poles.

regards,

1 Like

So that’s why you watered from the bottom? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Did you by chance feed realy hard , I’ve seen that and a few types of wilt cause that, also extreme heat but for it to dry that fast something almost has to suck the water out of the plant. If you think about how long leaves take to get crunchy when hanging at harvest leaves that dry on a
standing plant in less then 72 hours is a red flag of something drastically wrong in the root system. Look at the roots and cut the stem open and see how things look. One of the types of wilt will block the plants ability to uptake water and it starts long before you see the final result.
Do the roots smell rotten , is there red or brown looking fluid in the main stalk or extremely weird looking roots ?
I have seen outdoor plants in realy bad pH soil die off like this also but it was really bad , somebody had been using 3x the recomended dose of diamond nector at twice the application frequency in shallow over watered soil basically creating a hot compost bed that cooked there roots.
Was it even from top to bottom ?

2 Likes

I’m starting to think, maybe, just maybe, I have a clue as too what might have happened! I’m starting to think that my associate (most likely) or myself (very doubtful) may have mixed an inacurrate pH up or down and did not check before feeding to the plants. that is the only thing I have found other than what you see in the images?

regards,

2 Likes