I screwed up my organic feed-

I was gifted an aloe vera plant 2 years ago. We brought it inside when it got cold, then put it in a big pot.

This year it got huge, and filled out the pot with pups. So, we busted them up into several pots, and had a pile of big aloe vera leaves.

I’ve been battling white flies, and every time I spray neem, at a concentration that actually knocks them back, it also takes a toll on the plant.

I remembered reading something in the farmers almanac, about using it as a spray

4 Likes

Nice handy to have around,if you have a dog and it gets a rash
I like it in my bubble tea

2 Likes

Its good for alot of things!

1 Like

So, I looked up the farmers almanac website, and mixed the aloe vera pulp with my neem oil, to do the foliar drench

1 Like

Also noticed an article about using the water from boiling vegetables, as plant food

1 Like

Just so happened, wifey was boiling up some asparagus…

So I asked if she added salt, and she said she never does.

The article said the left over water is great for plants in all phases of growth.

Just dilute it with water.

3 Likes

Well, I fed some aloe pulp, the “diluted” asparagus water, and my prized cloudspin started clawing…

1 Like

I started frowning, and told wifey we had a problem-

Wifey told me there’s no way I can see a problem right after I feed the plant…

1 Like

I knocked the dust off my cheap ppm meter, and threw a gallon of water on there-

Anyone care to guess the runoff ppm?

1 Like

Hi, for whiteflies, do you use sticky traps? They help a lot. Some herbs help too…

2 Likes

Yes, I use yellow sticky traps-

I truly hate peeling the paper off, and deploying, but they tell you how bad your infestation is getting…

2 Likes

Runoff was 3200 ppm-

Lost track of how many flush gallons it took to get shit back in line…

2 Likes

Big screw up, and a lot of work to correct the problem…

1 Like

I did similar last year, thought I had deficiencies, it was my new led lights bleaching the leaves, I kept feeding them until I burned the hell out of the poor things lol. Now my soil is way out of whack :persevere:

1 Like

Dumb mistake-

But thankfully I’ve made so many similar dumb mistakes over the years, it wasn’t that big of a deal in the end…

Lights on pics this morning…

Tops are a little pale, but I think it’s gonna be ok-

5 Likes