I spy with my little eye Psychoactive plants

But this has in considerable amounts

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great doc to watch about ToĆ©, Datura, Jimson weed, etc

Where Iā€™m from we have a subspecies of the same plant. The flowers point upwards and known as Angels Trumpet for that feature. Devils trumpet point downward. Makes sense right? Hereā€™s what they look like hereā€¦

8 Likes

Hahah the poor guy had to go all the way to Bogota! Heheh

I just have to go down the roadā€¦ But :shushing_face: donā€™t tell anyone :wink: :smiley::grin::joy:

2 Likes

I had seen bits of thisā€¦ I fuckin love vice documentaries!!! Thanks for bringing this in.

4 Likes

Arenā€™t they also called Datura?

5 Likes

I think its in the same family. Same active chemicals. I grew up calling it jimson weed in Wisconsin. Its one of the few entheogens that scares me.

3 Likes

Like a fool I grew some one year and the thorn apples either spill their seed in such a way to catch air or birds eat them and do the spreading but they are an unwelcome volunteer in my yard each summer.
There are consequences to weeding them out by hand, Iā€™ve discovered.
Pounding headache, nausea and blurred vision lasting 8 hours or more.
Plus the odor of the plants is sickening in and of itself.

5 Likes

I love the look of these! Iā€™ve a few Brugsmania Suaveolens seedlings in my ethnobotanical room at the moment, Iā€™m very excited to see them grow! I grew Datura Inoxia last year but my dog kept licking it and spacing out so they wont be grown again this year. The flowers open very quickly, you can watch it to completion in the time it takes to smoke a joint. Mad shit that stuff, very smelly plant at night when theyā€™re in full bloom. Literally just smelling the flowers too hard at night can cause a mild but definite shift in perception for a brief but dragged out moment.

5 Likes

The Jimsonweed is traditionally Datura Stramonium, very handy additive if you ever take mescaline or Bufotenine! One to three seeds will get rid of any nausea or vomiting. Toloache works as well but its a bit more sluggish of an experience I think. Iā€™d rather cut my balls off than take a full dose of any of them though haha

7 Likes

Killing me manā€¦ Ohh bless it, they do know how to have a good time too. My dadā€™s dog loves licking toads, he canā€™t help it he always finds one. And then looks all stupid frothing from his mouthā€¦

2 Likes

Hey cheaper than going to the doctorā€™s and havem snipped

1 Like

Haha yeah this one loves getting messy, the Datura was his favorite toy I think! I never let him get too close to the poppies though, the look of longing in his eyes was too much. loves the smell of Amanitas as well! I fucking love that dog man, best dog Iā€™ve had. Has a good taste in drink too, though we donā€™t let him near the stuff. I guess naming him after a cheap can of Lager sealed his fate as a degenerate early in life hahaha

5 Likes

I did not know that, thanks for the info.
I had several San Pedro for ten years that one weekendā€™s neglect took from me.
Based on this thread I think Iā€™m gonna look for that seed pkt.
Thought I read somewhere how cacti seed has long viability.

3 Likes

Those seeds should still be good definitely, theyā€™ve a ridiculously long shelf life! Iā€™ve always used a friends cacti for trips but recently planted some of my own, Iā€™ve around 80 Bridgesii and about 20 peyote seedlings at the moment :slight_smile: It works well with Ayahuasca too. Tropanes are brilliant for that kind of stuff, scopolamineā€™s actually still widely used in anti nausea patches and after some surgeries to stop vomiting!

4 Likes

I miss having a ā€œrealā€ dog. I have a great one but not very adventurousā€¦ would like a more brave dogā€¦ oh well it is what it is.

1 Like

Click on " image"

3 Likes

I used to always have more relaxed breeds, then I got a free staffy puppy off some pikeyā€™s and could never go back, its been intense dogs since. Current ones a Miniature Pinscher whos the craziest Iā€™ve had by far, looking into getting him a more relaxed buddy soon to chill him out a bit though, I kind of miss having a calm dog who wants to relax when I sit down, rather than not letting me haha

2 Likes

Thatā€™s an absolutely beautiful picture! Theyā€™re my favorite looking of all the mushrooms, mesmerizing every time. The Scientologists own a massive old manor a few hours from me and the forest on their land is filled with Amanitas each year but you have to sneak through a few dodgy fences to get in. Its always a very spooky foraging session but its the best area Iā€™ve found so far, the surrounding fields are a prime liberty cap area too.
I still have loads of tincture from last year I made with a bottle of Cointreau, it actually tastes alright haha

2 Likes

Russian sage galore right now. Easy to spot the purple flowers from a distance.

Russian sage has a long history of use in traditional medicine, and is smoked as a euphoriant.

5 Likes

Thank you :blush: