I spy with my little eye Psychoactive plants

Possible aminitas behind my girlfriend’s moms house. I wasn’t there to take the pics.

2 Likes

Those look more like russula from here.

When taking photos for identifying, one should take from above( top view of cap), side so you can see the shapa of the stem and the brim of the cap and lastly, underside of the cap to see what kind of blades or pores it has.

4 Likes

I know. I got sent that after she was already home. She said it had gills though

3 Likes

To me it looks like russula emetica. The color is a bit off to what a.muscaria has. Plus The way the mushroom is broken is the way a russula breaks, like chalk. Oaks are a good indicator of the genera of mushrooms usually found, usually mycorrhizae. I could be wrong.

1 Like

The only aminitas I’ve personally found were the yellow variant on state land around Clare Michigan. You’d find huge patches of them as you drove the trails

1 Like

Amanitacea develop inside a sac, a kind of an egg, as the mushroom develops ,the egg membrane forms a veil that then brakes up in pieces. Hence the white specs.Also at its base of the stem there usually is the remaining part of the “egg”. The cap is convex. Can cause hallucinations for 16h.

Russulas have a stubby stem that is very brittle chalk like. The cap is viscus when wet and concave. Some are edible, or very bitter or spice, emetic .

2 Likes

Yeah, speedy sparkles full of energy hallucinations. You HAVE to cook them or it’s very unpleasant, like vomiting, diarrhea and cramps for hours. Very different from cubensis. Took about an ounce of the yellow variant cooked and dried to make any of us feel it.

2 Likes

Amanita muscatia in US can be yellow. There are also the red and the orange variant.

Ther are some edible Amanitas,

Amanita rubescens after boiled
Amanita caesarea
Amanita musicaria if boiled in several waters

. then there are the very poisonous ones.
Amanita virosa
Amanita phalloides
Amanita pantherina (sometimes) but way more potent than muscaria

1 Like

The shamanic people fed/feed them to Rudolph and his friends and then collect the piss. The deers metabolize the emetic substances and it then no longer makes you vomit… but the hallucinogenic substances are excreted. Muscimol that then gets transformed into ibutanic acid if I recall. In the right amount it is a great antidepressant. It is thought that by fall and winter people would be given tea containing the special ingredient that made the winter blues go. So it became a tradition, a gift exchanging time… hence the tradition at Christmas,way before Christ. Saint Nicholas and father Christmas…

7 Likes

Have you read or seen the videos about the amanita hermit in the Carpathians?

Let me see if I can find it

3 Likes

No, can’t say I have… I’ll look it up. :grin:

Most likely a relative of Salvia divinorium

1 Like

All the sages are related, this has thujone as an active ingredient, same as wormwood, instead of salvinorin A.

1 Like

Next time get a husky or healer. Great protectors and adventurous

1 Like

Looks like the Fly Agaric toadstool we had in the UK or death caps as we called them.

2 Likes

Fly agaric is Aminita muscaria. Like I said, I wasn’t there or I’d be able to give a better ID. I would have grabbed a cap for a spore print, but 🤷. Death caps are Amanita phalloides, related but they are a ghostly white/gray color.

4 Likes

Okay, your using the Latin name for it.

Yeah death caps was a universal name we were taught for anything with a red cap by our parents, as they were poisonous. The toadstools not our parents lol.

2 Likes

Interesting, must be a British thing. Alot of the amanitas are very poisonous, someone probably saw amanita muscaria written and assumed it was deadly too.

3 Likes

It will take you to a place. I grew it for a minute. Mixed it with my weed. The stronger the better. Salvia The divine sage. You would be surprised where that grows. I had a guy that grew poppies in his backyard. That’s like you can’t make sassafras tea. You can make stuff off of mold that Fungus grows on the side of trees. You have to cook that stuff for so long there’s such a big long process for some of that stuff I am not doing it I am not messing with it. I will eat mushrooms and I know which ones to pick. I was brought up on mushrooms. As a kid living in a country it was one of the coolest things to do pig mushrooms at night. And eat them while you’re doing it.

3 Likes

Yeah, we did it in early summer in Wisconsin, when the farmers got new cows from down south their poop would grow them for the first few weeks up here. We would go and pick after rainy days, then anything turning blue when we got back would get eaten.

All of us are soooo lucky no one died.

6 Likes