I think cal/mag def

The overall plant is suffering, just takes longer to show on the upper section. Since it’s the bigger part of the plant. You got something going on with your feeding. Again, PH wont do this unless it drops majorly or jumped up. How long has this plant been suffering?

I give up.

1 Like

if I can’t figure it out/be bothered to figure it out, I do a solution change up where I dump out the current stuff and mix up a new batch for my plants.

4 Likes

Thing is, 5.5 is too low.

5.7, minimum. Some do around 6. No wonder you’re having problems.

1 Like

Maybe for soil. 5.5PH is fine for hydroponics according to the material I’ve read

1 Like

Yah I’ve been doing that weekly since the switch to 12/12. Bought a little transfer pump to make it easier.

1 Like

I’m not talking about soil. I’m talking about hydroponics.

Experience will tell you otherwise as to the correct pH.

Adjust it to 5.8-6.1 and see if that doesn’t help.

3 Likes

Ok ill try. I’ve heard of people having a hard time adjusting AN nutes because of the buffers.

So .3 - .5 PH is causing this big of an issue? I dont think so…

1 Like

Yes I’m a little skeptical on that one also. But I’ll try anything lol

I’m still thinking cal deficiency. I shouldn’t have stopped adding the calmag when I flipped to 1212

Hey mate, switch to Dyna-Gro and you’ll have self buffering and no need for cal/mag supplements. I’m no salesman but Really happy with the results

2 Likes

I’m in dirt, so deficiencies manifest differently.
Here is my mag deficiency that I have going…

No big deal, easily correctable, as I didn’t strip the plant doing defoliation.

1 Like

Just remember there is a tenfold strength difference between the numbers, so 5.0 is ten times as acidic as 6.0.

They look to dark for mag def, maybe a little bit of both mag and cal

I understand, but the guy is mid flower and hes been running at 5.5 with no issues until he dropped his nutes of. Its clearly feeding prob

Not arguing that, just saying that .5 off can make a difference, considering that it will be 5 times as acidic or 5 times as basic, and depending on which side of the scale you are on it can be detrimental. Not saying that its their issue.

I’ll post a few pics tomorrow that may help capture the issue better.

This is the last grow I’m using AN for. Never had problems like using GH.

I’m looking at a couple different product lines rn.

Agreed on your diagnosis NEK.
I noticed the rust spots a week or so back, and then let stuff dry out…
There is more of the rust and paling between the veins on other plants.
That is on me.
No biggie though, still explosive growth and tons of biomass for photosynthesis.
Thanks for the input. :v:

When nute burn happens it looks like a deficiency because the plant goes into a (reverse osmosis stage) where it takes the moisture from its oldest leaves 1st and then forces it back down the stem to the roots (reverse osmosis) to dilute the “too hot” root system so it can feed… but in the process it’s killing itself and not eating and starving…

2 Likes

Ahh great info terp thanks!

1 Like