I think cal/mag def

For sure man… I wish you well

Here’s a book by Ed Rosenthal that might be able to help you… Explains deficiencies and what to look for… Has some good info… Called Marijuana Garden Saver (2020). couldn’t upload the pdf due to size limit so here is drive link…

3 Likes

There you have it.

pH is everything in hydroponics. The range of optimum nutrient availability is rather narrow and 5.5 is too low. 5.8-6.1 is optimal. Even higher in soilless/passive hydroponics. I run about 6.2-6.3. And wouldn’t you know it, my plants look sad when I get out of that range.

4 Likes

i did read the same articles like you, but in pratict i didnt can run with healthy plants with ph on 5.5

i think it depends on the strain and other factors for the plants enjoy this lower ph… including its stage of life. I’m still a layman in nutrient absorption but my experience with DWC and AERO is that the ph around 5.8 ~ 6.1 did very well for my plant in the last few weeks of vega and flora. I hope you solve it soon friend! good luck

1 Like

Like stated in other posts, the guy dropped feeding plants which probably resulted in the plant in taking too much of nothing which caused cell ruptures and shit turning brown.

If he had problems since day 1, then I would say PH would need adjustment for plants to feed adequately.

Yes, I dont know shit a out hydro but I know how a damn plant works. The plant clearly got hungry.

Vern, I think all those chemicals you use spraying your shit is finally getting to you.

2 Likes

All that posturing and nonsense when you could have just left it at this.

No shortage of inexperience masquerading as “advice”. Not only that, but opposition towards those who may know better. lol “chemicals”.

Grow some hydro plants at 5.5 the whole cycle and see what happens. Until then perhaps troubleshooting hydro issues isn’t for you?

3 Likes

I I Captin scooby!

It’s “aye aye” not “i i”

Who’s “captin” scooby? The cartoon dog? If this is an insult…wack. You can do better, apply yourself.

OP, did you eliminate mites as a possibility? The speckling is troubling. Nutrient issues can also cause all sorts of leaf abnormalities but I’d definitely take a look twice just to be sure it’s not two things. Problems are rarely mutually exclusive.

2 Likes

I prefer I I… but thanks for correcting my grammar.

Scooby is badass, especially when he has snacks

Wow guys I really appreciate the passion.

Had a good look and no sign of mites.

I’ve went back through my phone and had a look at pictures and dates.

The first signs of rusting start on my pictures from december 9th…which is literally like 3 days after I stopped adding calmag.

Here’s a zoomed in picture from that day.

None of the pictures before that show any signs of the rusting.

It could definitely be a combination of stopping the calmag additive and also low PH.

I’m switching off AN nutes this run I think…nothing but a hassel so far.

I really appreciate everyone’s help!! Talking through these issues with others is a massive help to me and I can’t say thank you to the OG community enough.

1 Like

Also here a couple better shots of the more recent progression of the issue on newer leaves. The OG pics I didn’t really show the newer progression, just the older fried leaves.

Has anyone mentioned boron yet? Not saying it’s the cause. I just wanted to mention it.

5 Likes

Never heard of it I’ll do some googling thank you!

1 Like

When I look up plants with Calcium deficiency they look pretty similar to yours. The tips look like Magnesium deficiency. Just a guess but perhaps that Calmag will fix this for you.

3 Likes

No don’t google it. It’s a bullshit running joke. Not related to your issue :+1:

7 Likes

I mean the buds are still looking amazing. I just wanna get this issue sorted before it stresses them out any more…

Pk

OG

2 Likes

I was going to say this but didnt want to lead him in the wrong direction as im not super experienced yet

Ahah ok won’t Google.

Going with calmag. I’ll update in a week or so and let you guys know how or if they recover/stop spotting

2 Likes

the second pic you posted here makes me think it is calmag related because of the light yellow edges and then the rusty brown spots resemble a calcium deficiency.
1st pic is mag, 2nd cal

Add images

2 Likes