I think I found a fasciated branch on my plant

It’s only one branch on the plant.

Is that even possible?? Or is it environmental?

She’s also a trifoliate.

Should I dust it with some pollen?

13 Likes

That’s what buds can look like on a fasciated branch/plant.

:v:

8 Likes

Ah yes, I have heard that. Thanks! I’m very new to this aspect. I’ve seen pics and heard legends, but never known anyone to find one.

Will the genetic mutation pass to offspring?

2 Likes

That’s a “megabloom” or fasciation mutation. People do it to tomatoes to get giant fruit

A triploidy is a genetic trait, not just one branch.

Should make a big fat nug!

5 Likes

They do it on Pumpkins too…my buddy

5 Likes

Yes, I remember it being described to me as “like those monster strawberries you find”

1 Like

Yeah breeding with it should make the condition more common down the line.

I honestly never tried breeding with fasciated plants myself as researching about it pretty much showed very little to nothing in the way of being an advantage. Mostly/all negatives for cannabis from what I understand…

6 Likes

Unless you have perfect flowering parameters. How is this a thing???

2 Likes

that’s my next question. this one is a total weirdo. it’s also trifoliate, but not everywhere. there’s no discernable pattern to it either

1 Like

The few I found with a fasciated branch usually smell/taste differently on that branch.
For exemple, a lifesaver showing rank lemon with the fasciated branch smelling of coconut and marshmallows…

Happens more often on males too

That’s about what I know of them off the top hah

7 Likes

yes, much more muted. the rest of the plant is cherry funk

3 Likes

I’m totally fascinated with mutated plants. The tomatoes and the trifoliate or whorled phyllotaxy in cannabis entrances me. Like looking into the secret of the universe

They tend to grow out of it, or into something weird looking at some point.

6 Likes

You and GMT would get along great :+1: he’s the “tri guy” been breeding for enhanced number of branches per node for years. That’s his thing yknow

4 Likes

Fasciation fascination sounds like a School House Rock song

4 Likes

IME they don’t smoke very well too.

2 Likes

All of them, for me, came out very muted, it’s a cool pot thing you have to see for yourself once as a grower but the novelty ends there.

They meet the 3" pot cemetery as soon as I identify them, personally.

2 Likes

I really give “mutants” and “runts” a fair chance… often run them.a second round with tailored soil to see what’s up… but I run numbers so 20-30 runys is nothing is the grand scheme of things

1 Like

OG won’t let me upload a video. Hope this isn’t breaking any rules :person_shrugging:

Not in OG, but for Youtube it should be adult content :see_no_evil:, looking good … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

Thought I did set that. Thanks for the heads up

2 Likes