I want to move off of Advanced Nutrients

Megacrop easy as all heck. I use the two part formula

8 Likes

5 Likes

Agreed against liquid base nutes.
This is the best IMO. Compare what they include and derive from.
Megacrop has a 1 part and 2 part.

5 Likes

I ran with Botanicare for years but got sick of the rising price so I switched to two part Mega Crop 3-4 months ago, and I’m glad I did! The two parts allows you to feed your plants at any stage of life by varying the ratio that you mix together. :+1::+1:

5 Likes

I’ve been considering the Mega Crop 2 part as well! I’ve used the one part, and had some decent results. I’ve grown almost exclusively with Gen Hydro 3 part for years now. So part B is just Calcium Nitrate would you use Epsom Salt as well like you do Jacks?

3 Likes

Here’s a link to a Greenleaf Nutrients MegaCrop 2 Part grow show I did. I got around 47 ounces under a 600W HPS, that was then turned up to 1000W HPS about halfway through 12/12. The total cost I spent on nutes was under $7.

CLICK HERE

5 Likes

From experience (coco
Canna, lacks magnesium and it’s expensive for coco.
Masterblend, not too impressed by it.
Mega crop too much nitrogen in flower.
Advanced nutrients only ran once with autos. It was ok.
Currently running jacks 321 except for calcium nitrate I use floracal. Way less nitrogen and the sam amount of calcium. Jacks 321 is good for veg. Super cheap and my plants love it.

6 Likes

Elemental PPM view for some mixes.

6 Likes

Dyna-Gro, its cheap, easy to mix and its a complete nutrient line, nothing else needed…not even some cal/mag additive. And its bloody good.

ProTeKt seedling to harvest
Foliage Pro in veg.
Bloom in flower
MagPro in flower

They have a cannabis relavent feed chart and cultivation guide on their web site

4 Likes

I just use 6mL/gallon Dyna Gro 7-9-5 with 1g of Potassium nitrate per gallon of water seedling-to-finish now. Works great. No silica no additives.

(and a water sterilizer and a little pH down but that’s it)

4 Likes

My skin looks like a dolphin’s. Poreless, and cheeks so firm you could bounce a quarter off them (upper and lower cheeks nawmsayin)

3 Likes

Plant prod MJ 3 bags lasts for ever and a jug of micro .

1 Like

When I started I was swayed into the A N line , when I got low after several runs I switched to Jacks…I’ll never look back !

4 Likes

I like the flavor Mills gives all my plants. Sort of a coffee skunky overtone seems to be similar in all the strains I grow. Coffee poop.

3 Likes

I’m deep in The Foop, It seems to be indoor the same as out door, excellent.

1 Like

MegaCrop 5-12-26 & Part 2.

Or

Gaia green 444 all purpose (2 tbsp per 1gal)
Gaia green 284 Flowering (2 tbsp per 1gal)
Worm Castings (2 tbsp per 1gal)

Or

Wow Wallace Starter Packs

Or

Organic Nutrients

All work perfectly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

In the course of almost 30 years cultivating I’ve used a bunch of nutrient companies…as far as price point and quality materials goes I’d put JR Peters/Jacks at the top of my list!!

It’s a very complete nutrient line and doesn’t require a bunch of “boosters” or “additives”…in fact I’d put it up against any nutrient line on the market today!

Mixed to a 1:.67 ratio it’s very close to 3:1:4:2:1 with a cal/mag ratio of 2:1. I mix my nutrients via ppms not by weight or volume…it’s technically a 3 part…

A (5-12-26) used to be called Pro Hydroponic
B (Epsom Salt) Magnesium Sulfate
C (15-0-0) Calcium Nitrate

Mixed in that order…

JR Peters/Jacks is so good in fact that there are multiple companies now that have copied their recipe…anything close to the “5-11-26/5-12-26” is a knock off…

Pictures below were grown with JR Peters/Jacks 3/2/1

Brian(Alaskagrown)

P.S. It’s also worth mentioning JR Peters/Jacks is very user friendly in that it will work with any medium or grow style…the pictures below are from Aeroponics, coco in Root Pouch bags, and ebb n flo setups…it will work with anyway you want to grow…it’s made for R.O./Distilled water but I’ve used my well water perfectly fine! :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Rip off cannabis junk and make work regarding the mixing which is designed to sell you incomplete foods so you have to buy more. Oh, the gimmicks…

There’s only one (complete) food you need - Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro or their Grow. https://dyna-gro.com/product/liquid-grow/

Been using this food (and many other NON cannabis specific foods) for decades.

Tio

4 Likes

I buy Peters High Performance 25-5-10 by the 50# bag. Another excellent food is Osmocote Indoor-Outdoor Plus. Used it exclusively on a recent C99 grow.
This is a steal, lowest price I’ve seen it. https://www.amazon.com/Osmocote-Outdoor-Smart-Release-8-Pound-Fertilizer/dp/B00GTDGMHC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=20NU6H0TBPV5S&keywords=osmocote+plus+outdoor+and+indoor+smart-release+plant+food&qid=1639576219&sprefix=osmocote%2Caps%2C240&sr=8-1

3 Likes

GH Maxibloom is complete as well…especially growing in coco Maxibloom will grow some stellar weed! :slight_smile: Dry nutrient so not paying for water.

1 tsp a gallon from clone through flower…doesn’t get much easier as far as a 1 part nutrient program imo…

Brian(Alaskagrown)

EDIT: That Osmocote is definitely a steal @ $11 for #8 of dry nutrient…It’s a good fertilizer but feeds for up to 6 months(flushing could be a issue) and is released dependent on root zone/soil temperature.

3 Likes