Illinois Community

In my new state of Illinois!!! good bye new jersey

6 Likes

wazzzzup Illinois crew

4 Likes

I see alot of fellas down here close to my neck of the woods. I lived in Effingham,IL for about 12 years. 3.5 hours from Chicago and an hour from St. Louis. They called it the crossroads of America, because interstates 57 and 70 cross there.

Anyways, Now I’m back near my hometown in Shelbyville. I’m about 35-40 mins south of you @Jumper420 . Welcome to IL!

3 Likes

Fellow illinoisians!! Only thing cool about our state Is we’re legal am I right? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: illinois sucks because Missouri blows … :confounded: … but at least we’re sucking in legal weed now :rofl:

1 Like

I lived in Oak Park and the Forest Park for a few years in my early 20’s. It was a lot of fun at that time, like 20 bars within 3 blocks of each other on Madison st and 75% of my friends worked at different ones. Free drinks flowed like water😁 Dart league on Tuesday night, cheap ass bowling on Wednesday, and pool league on Thursday… til I got sick of the bar scene and always being at the bars. Anyway, good times

1 Like

A few of my buddies owned some bars on that strip…Fio’s, Shuellers Corner, Duffys, Forest Tap, O’Sullivans, Blueberry Hill, Doc Ryan’s, Goldyburgers and there was a bar called Exoticas with animals in it…I was in the dart & pool leagues…every year they had barroom athletes games and each bar hosted different games like darts, hockey, hoola hoops etc. …my bar hangout used to ride in limos to each bars instead of driving…then every bar started riding in limos…that was 35+ years ago…we had great times back in the day…Oak Park & River Forest was a dry town back then so we went to the neighbouring towns to party.

3 Likes

Ty yea im excited to be here honestly the drive was fun only thing i have to complaint about was driving thru PA

1 Like

Southern tip of the state for me close to Carbondale/makanda area

1 Like

Gotcha, I’m only 36 so we were frequenting those same places like 20 years apart😄 but I loved Doc’s cause I was allowed to go behind the bar and make/get my own drinks. Sometimes I’d go to Blueberry Hill, Duffy’s or O’Sullivan’s. But most often Doc’s or the best dive(at the time) on that strip, Shortstop. Occasionally some of the other bars when it was our turn to be the away team on dart or pool league. Honestly I joined the leagues cause after awhile I got sick of just hanging at the bars but the girl I was living with always wanted to go out, so at least it gave me something else to do while we were at the bar

I’m gonna start browsing around for a location that could work if we ever decide to do an IL get together. The forest preserve worked out ok for us last time but got close to being bad when a tree cop came to check our permit and half the folks didn’t notice a cop was there. I had to literally rip joints out of a couple of mouths. Luckily the dude who’s name it was reserved under was super organized and had our permit and paperwork in a folder. The cop was so impressed by that he just left as soon as he saw that.

1 Like

I used to throw a free pig roast every year when I lived in Oak Park at my hangout bar at Marlins for free & I did it for 10+ years…My buddy and I were thinking of doing it this year. We haven’t had one since I moved outa the Chicagoland area…Don’t hold me to it but maybe, maybe I might invite some growers to the pig roast.

Midwest Growers Unite thread

7 Likes

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face: I love a good pig roast. Nothing like snagging some of that crispy skin while carving it up. And if you’re cooking I’m sure the food is fire based on all the delicious stuff you post in the What do stoners eat? thread

1 Like

I only cook the pig, my friends wives cook the sides and desserts …

1 Like

We can work with that brother :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I love cooking too and think I make some delicious stuff. Getting way better with baking too, so much more exact and scientific than cooking. Keep us posted. I may have a good place for an after party although it’d be like 20-30 mins from that bar you mentioned but at least we could then consume openly and freely

3 Likes

I know the owner and we usually have a table in the back of the outdoor Bocci ball court for people to get high…I have a buddy that drives up from Bloomington for my pig roast and he doesn’t drink but he grows and smoke a hell of a lot of weed.

3 Likes

Sweet, I had a bar like that locally but I hardly go to bars anymore. I just wasn’t sure how cool it’d be there. It was really nice having an after party at the last one we had cause we had to be a bit careful smoking at the original gathering. So we were really able to chill then and bunch of us ended up eating fungi or other goodies and ended up with folks sleeping on every spare surface so nobody had to drive home. It’d just be great to meet a bunch more peeps from the community in person. Some people are way more outgoing on the forums than in person and others are the opposite

5 Likes

I try to make friends; I just have to remember to talk to people. That’s the hard part. Lol

4 Likes

Me too at times. It’s easy sometimes to just hang out and read what’s going on with everyone else and not actually interact. Anytime you feel like you want to shoot the shit feel free to pm me if you want to :v::seedling::green_heart:

3 Likes

That’s what I’m doing now. SSShhhhhh don’t tell anyone else!!!

4 Likes

I did that for months. Then realized I have lots of knowledge that others may benefit from. And was missing social interaction. I can only be a hermit for so long😄

5 Likes