In search of over the top Pine smells

What everyone is looking for is already on the verge of being reality w my ongoing project… blows Pine OG away in pine pronouncement. What most miss, is it takes the correct combination of strains to produce a strong pinene profile that is consistent in each phenotype.

5 Likes

well you got my attention but how will you back that up?

2 Likes

Testers will do that first of the year…catch up w my thread @blendmedmedman and I think you’ll be quite encouraged w the progress I’ve made

6 Likes

ill be watching but even then its not the same as being there in person…looks nice

1 Like

Damn, @OriginalDankmaster96 that is a seriously frosty plant!!
The PTK I grew smelled like heaven, but it wasn’t super potent… and certainly not coated like that pic!
I am really excited to hear more about this strain your working on, in 2023!!!
:evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :muscle: :+1:

2 Likes

Yup, I didn’t notice until I took the loupe and shit myself w the early full development. I didn’t get a good pheno of PTK, was too floral in terps but the male isn’t the same thankfully, so structure and yield it had can work beneficially. If you’re up to test running either pheno first part of the year @firehead you’re in :+1:

1 Like

Oh! I should have a tent opening up in the next 4-5 weeks! I would LOVE to test run some pine scented goodness!!

1 Like

That should be perfect timing :+1:

Remember, odors aren’t correlating terps, one smells spicy pine like, but tastes minty pine. The flavor is primary in my goals.

2 Likes

The Delta-9 Super Star (Sensi Star) I ran smelled like strong turpintine. If that is the pine smell you are after you might try a Sensi Star Strain.

Some Gorrilla Glue 4 I ran smelled like Pinsol.

2 Likes

I had some great Pine back in the day. Would love to ride that ride again.

2 Likes

Ok. I cut down my Goji OG gals a couple days ago. And today I was checking the dryness of the buds, and digging out a couple seeds that were popping out.
I stand corrected… The resin left behind on my fingers from the Goji is VERY piney. They didn’t have any pine smell in flowering, but they sure do now!

I’ll post an update once they are dried and cured. But this might be another strain for the pine lovers.

4 Likes

how much pine??was it the overwhelming pine forrest?

2 Likes

No. I wouldn’t say overwhelming.
It’s there, and very prominent… but still probably not as much as the PTK I’ve grown…

1 Like

Ok. I smoked a little of the Goji last night. It’s not cured yet, but dry enough to grind and smoke some.

It leaves a nice piney taste in the mouth. And holy cow, it is seriously potent.
Very very nice.

The buds are very heavy with trichome frost.

Here’s one next to some Azad Kashmir I grew a while back (also, a fairly heavy frosted strain)
The Goji is noticeably more frosty. Not sure if the photo does it justice.

7 Likes

could you point ,e in the direction on finding sum goji seeds from a legit source?

1 Like

OG had a Goji OG seedrun a while back. Maybe a few members still have some in their possession.
https://overgrow.com/t/goji-og-project-lets-shoot-some-unicorns-in-the-face/28183

1 Like

I have a ton of the f2 goji beans other members have sent me. I also made some F3s too.
I’d be happy to send you some. Can’t say for sure they will all have the pine smells you’re looking for, but there’s a good chance…

8 Likes

I’ve got some Gogi also @blendmedmedman

4 Likes

im down, i thank you @firehead real og right there

Thank you @Emeraldgreen maybe if you dont mind i can take you up on them too?

maybe i can do a little runn and pass out some beans here to others?

Ill send a PM out to both you guys, THANK YOU!!

4 Likes