In the basement with Loggershands

Projects have mostly all worked out well.

Bokashi grain has dried and has a nice yeast smell to it. I’ve been using it in the bokashi bins and it’s working well. Total costs into this project were around $17 for 2 bokashi bins and about 2.5 pounds of bokashi grain so I’m calling this one a….

giphy

The homemade biochar has come a long way since I last looked it. It’s just been out in the yard for a while and the smell has gotten much better. Smells like fresh earth and ash now. I still haven’t put it to a plant yet so too early to call it success but it’s on the right track. I’ll update again once I hit it to a plant. @herojuana.tom your idea to clean it up worked! Hit with LABs twice.

Worm bin is also doing well. Nothing really to see as it’s just a tub of dirt but they are tearing through the scraps I put into the bin.

6 Likes

Sending the good vibes your way bud!

1 Like

Thanks man! Always keen for good vibes! :grinning:

2 Likes

Suga suga is turning out to be a beauty! I dont often take cuts but this time I wish I had. I think I could do great with this girl on a second run. The photos do her no justice but check it out @DannyTerpintine.

15 Likes

Rad, man. Great to hear. :call_me_hand:That LAB should have neutralized any unwanted anaerobes, your biochar should be mighty fine now. LAB is good stuff all around…it has helped me revive plants that I accidentally overwatered on more than one occasion.

I used to get big bags of charcoal at Dollar tree… it was only like $6USD for a huge bag a few years back – They had it for the lowest price I had seen anywhere. Its good stuff even if you don’t pre-charge it.

…and gaul-durn! Those suga-suga are beautiful!

5 Likes

mmm great work! She has that beautiful frosty “Glow” to her! :stuck_out_tongue: :raised_hands:

Structure looks more towards Bodhi’s lando/ pure-kush-dom male I used. Looks like she will pack a punch! :pray:

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a nice plant! Nice and frosty! What kind of smells is she giving off? I like those golf ball nugs!

2 Likes

She is a beaut for sure. :sunglasses: :metal:

2 Likes

I’m really bad with scents but so far I’m getting a Kush/umami smell. The stem rub has hints of menthol as well.

4 Likes

Love that profile :P. Definitely the pure kush dom Lando’s Stash male showing through. He had that strong kush, burn your nose menthol kind of vibe to him. (I’m sure there could be some sugar cane influence in there too because the pheno used in suga suga had some layers of “platinum”-doe-kush vibes to it too.)

The mixed female lando’s smacked real hard too, so this prob will as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Due to a recent injury, potency has become a much higher priority so this is music to my ears right now :star_struck::raised_hands::fire:

5 Likes

kush is good for pain. The sugar cane mother on the suga suga was very very nice for severe pain. I think you’ll be happy. :slight_smile: :pray:

And hope you heal up well and quick! :pray: :100:

3 Likes

What’s the other parent in Suga Suga?

1 Like

Suga Suga = Sugar Cane #4 x Lando’s Stash (Pure Kush suge cut Dom)

Here’s the sugar cane I used: Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 9) - #707 by DannyTerpintine

3 Likes

Sugar Cane sure is a magnificent plant!

3 Likes

For sure! Just have to find those keeper phenos!

… Beleaf and In-house just did a new drop with a Dip N Stix male (Which is Sugar Cane as well.) Pretty cool to see the strain still around and working.

1 Like

After 38 days of fermenting, the SIPs are a go :grin::fire::raised_hands:

Added more Gaia green bloom amendments

More soil, worm castings, rice hulls, homemade bokashi grain and blended malted barely.

Two Sugar Belts

Two Nanna Glue x Sugar Belts

Everyone all together

12 Likes

Heck yeah man! I can’t wait to see how that turns out. I’ve noticed the ph can be off sometimes after I mix a soil. But if I plant a cover crop first it seems to correct it and balances the soil out. I’m sure it has a bunch of other benefits as well. Then I just let the plants shade it out and trim anything back if it’s competing with the plants. That’s usually just the beans in the buildasoil 12 seeds mix.

2 Likes

Right on man. Let the show begin. :sunglasses: :metal: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Yeah I had some PH issues with reusing soil. The strawberry cheese on the far left was in old soil and had PH issues she never really recovered from, even after the soil ph was good again. Recently I’ve been re-amending the old soil with compost, dry amendments and dolomite lime and letting it sit. Will try it again soon.

3 Likes