In the basement with Loggershands

Todays project was bokashi bran.

Mix 45mls each of LAB and molasses with 1ltr warm de-chlorinated water. Pour over 1kg of wheat bran and mix throughly. Then place in a garbage bag, in the dark for 10 days. Once it smells pickled, dry it out.

9 Likes

SB and SB x NG are all doing much better in their new shoes. This is roughly day 15 and I’ve started giving them fish hydroslate, humic/kelp foliage spray and LAB with molasses.

6 Likes

Looking healthy and flourished. :sunglasses: :metal:

1 Like

Strawberry cheese is doing better now that the soil PH is sitting at 7.20. She is in roughly week 5 flower.

Suga Suga roughly week 3/4 flower

Cookies auto is nearing the end. She will probably come down in the next week.

13 Likes

Thanks mate! :grinning::fire::+1:

2 Likes

Just a quick update.

Worm bin is in full swing, one pound red wrigglers went in yesterday.

The sugar belts and nana glue x sugar belts are in week 3.

Strawberry cheese is turning a great pink colour

Suga Suga

Cookies - still needs a few days

16 Likes

Nice update bro. Grows looking killer. :sunglasses: :metal:

1 Like

Thanks mate! She’s doing ok right now! :grin::+1::fire:

1 Like

Good Morning :coffee:
Looking great brotha, Are you going to top the SBs or SB x NGs?
I have to make some labs myself, I have a couple plants that could benefit from it.

Interested on the reaction to the bokashi bran. Is it like an ultimate recharge for the plants since it fermented?

1 Like

Good morning!

For sure, I pretty much always top plants and I especially like to see how testers recover from the first topping and how they level out from there, I think that’s important info for the breeder. I also think not topping them and seeing their natural form is important information for the breeder so there is no wrong answer here.

The bokashi came about because where I live is a bit isolated and it is expensive to order online. I wouldn’t say it’s the ulitmate recharge for plants buts it’s another great (almost free) way to cultivate and store microbes for use in gardening. I’ll use it for composting food waste in the bokashi bins, that will feed the worms to create worm castings. I’ll use it to top dress SIP buckets and as a soil amendment :grin::+1::fire:

5 Likes

I tend to top everything as well and probably will top all when I get his testers going. I really wish I could get them going sooner.

Thanks for the info and on the different ways you use the bokashi bran. I’m cheap so I like the almost free price.

I just learned about the rice/bean wash for the ladies. I have to get some molasses to add to it but worry about gnats enjoying it more than the plants haha.

I probably will start collecting worms from my garden to start a worm bin to keep some good healthy soil available for those couple months before spring arrives.

1 Like

Costco is the cheapest I’ve found.

Gnats are an easy problem. I keep some sticky traps around and if they get more than a few stuck to them I’ll water in some Bacillus thuringiensis (mosquito dunks). It’s super effective and cheap, $12 should buy enough for 6 months.

3 Likes

I unfortunately don’t have a Costco membership, but I have a BJ’s membership. I’ll check their next time I go.

I do have to get some sticky pads later this week for a precautionary measure as I seen a couple flying around the other day.

Thanks for tip on the Mosquito dunks. I’ll write this down to use if I think I might get overrun.

2 Likes

Should mention, it only kills the larvae so it takes a few days to notice the effects.

3 Likes

You can get mollasses along with a bunch of other amendments at the animal feed store where I live super cheap. You might check if there’s one near you :blush:

2 Likes

Bokashi grain has worked out well. Checked on it tonight and it smells strongly of vinegar/pickled. Normally I would dry it out at the point but I did not make much and I’m gonna burn through it quick with soil top dressing and bokashi bins so I’m not going to bother with the dry out this time. This compost will be used to feed the worms :grinning::fire::+1:

8 Likes

Strawberry cheese

Cookies

Suga Suga

12 Likes

That’s dope as f.

3 Likes

She is gonna be pretty! You can tell she is gonna frost up real nice :snowflake:

2 Likes

Day 29 seems like a good time for a more detailed update on the Sugar Belts and Nanna Glue x Sugar Belts

Each strain has two distinct expressions. The SB has a taller, stretchy pheno (SB 2/6) and a more hybrid pheno. The hybrid pheno is my favourite so far with bushy structure, great internode spacing and sharp serrated leaves. It has just been topped but gives the impression it will level out perfectly. The NG x SB has a shorter, broad but thin “crispy” leaf pheno (NG x SB 4/5) that looks very indica and the another pheno that looks exactly like the hybrid SB pheno. They (particularly the hybrid pheno) are shaping up to be really nice plants.

SB 1

SB 2

SB 3

SB 4

SB 5

SB 6

NG x SB 2

NG x SB 3

NG x SB 4

NG x SB 5

12 Likes