In the shower with river

this week i received all the things i need to start a new indoor grow …the seeds i am popping are blue kush from BOG…an indica dom strain

…they are in a chamber i made out of a small see through storage bin that i put some holes in …it is sitting on cookie sheet that is on top of a seedling mat which will keep it warm to help with germination …later i will use it to root clones …the light is a 1000 watt led …i have never used one before so if anyone sees i am not doing something right let me know …i do not use paper towels to pop seeds i put them in jiffy peat pellets …i have a small house so i veg in a large closet and flower in a small shower that happens to be in my basement … keeping my fingers crossed that this grow will go well :wink:

50 Likes

Hey Riverlady, looking good.

I am big fan of the LED lights, gladly retired my 1K HPS.

9 Likes

Nice to see you have girls in your shower again. I am now killing the last of mine with joyous abandon. Well done sister xo

Uploading…

12 Likes

is there any difference in how far you keep the light from the plants ?

5 Likes

very nice harvest … its always good to have a winter supply :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Closer to the lights makes for higher intensity. Nice to have them rigged on pulleys to raise/lower as necessary.

Good luck on your grow!

5 Likes

thanks right now in the closet it is not so easy but my shower is equipped with the little pulleys so when they go in there i can put the light any height i want with ease … right now i have a 400 watt hps in there with some diesel(or so i was told) that is finishing up …2 will be harvested this weekend and two have 6 weeks to go …been flowering the diesel strain for 12 weeks …it seems like it never wants to finish

7 Likes

Cool, Interested in seeing this strain grown out.
Best of luck to your grow.

7 Likes

There is some big differences when you are using LED.
First up, all the light if focused in a beam 120 degrees wide. Outside of the footprint there is no light available.

Within that beam, it is strongest straight down, falling of quickly towards the edge,
I have observed tremendous penetration. The lower parts of the plant still get plenty of energy.

You should see tight inter-nodal growth, lots of branches on a low bush.

I have noted too, once the tops get within 6"/15 cm from the light, they virtually stop extending.

I use a link chain to adjust the light height, I also use extra creates to raise the plants as needed.

10 Likes

good info to try out thanks for the share. : )

3 Likes

read up on what they called the foot print and it seems it is a 4.5 ft square for max light when the light is 24 inches above but the shower is only 2.75ft square so i think i am ok with that part …how close to the top of the plants do you keep the light at when you start out? the light has a piggy back feature so if i need more i can add another one to it … sometimes i end up with a plant or two out side the shower when i get out of control with the number of plants i have …bet no one else ever does this :blush: another question i have is about the veg light and the flower light …i already know i should run both when they are in flower but what about veg …is it ok to just run the veg light then or should i always run both?

6 Likes

I think 24"/60cm is a good place, plenty of light and good coverage.

I would go with both, cant see any point in reducing the light levels during flowering.

4 Likes

i meant in veg …do i run both in veg ? …i guess it would save a few $$ but not enough to really be a big deal …i harvested two plants that where in flower yesterday it weighed 10 oz but i figure that will change a whole bunch when it dries …never weighed it wet before so i have no idea how much it loses …i would think more then half thou :slight_smile:

6 Likes

ok so i planted the beans on the 15th …at 8pm … was worried about my seedling mat being old so i had ordered a new one …should have used it right from the start as it turns out the old one was not working very well …last night i switched them out and there is a big difference in the heat …the closet is sort of cold so they really need the heat …i should know better then to use old stuff when i suspect it is not working right to begin with … note to self “do not do this again”

7 Likes

so sorry i started this thread and then ran into some health issues …was forced to start over and did not keep up with things here …lost the first set of babies with the exception of one that i just put into flower in the shower on the 20th …it was not in the best shape as a baby but with some tlc has come along nice …i popped 3 more beans and just chopped off their tops to make clones on the 21st …the one in the small pot is a clone from the plant i have in flower …once i know if it is a girl i will up pot it

22 Likes

In my veg and flower cabinets I use amazon boxes of different sizes to keep my canopy as uniform as possible. Works good.

6 Likes

A few of us around here like to do that too. :sweat_smile: :wink:

Hope things are better. :sunrise:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

thats a good idea …i use what ever is handy…if you note the clone is in a smaller pot so i set it up on a upside down flower pot to make it taller …a friend of mine always used can goods as they come in all different sizes …

5 Likes

wish i could figure out how to reply to everyone at once …thanks for the well wishes am fine now …i have MS and this means if i get sick it really kicks my ass and at that time i did not give a crap about my grow …sort of sad but thats the way it goes :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Right on.
Enjoy growing as much as you can :heart_eyes:

It’s good to have a hobby to focus on and occupy your time…

4 Likes