Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

I actually audibly chuckled when I read that. Hahaha…

Yeah, I like to try and grow dissimilar genetics every round (even though I’m growing two Sour Diesel hybrids right now, along with some stuff that isn’t anything like SD). I feel like it maybe keeps me from building up much of a tolerance. Plus, variety’s just nice.

That Golden HP really was more “gooey” than “sticky.” I dunno, there’s a difference in my mind, like maybe when you touch the nugs, they don’t necessarily stick to your fingers. But once you start breaking them up, it’s just, like… I dunno. GOOEY haha. Yeah, I’d for sure plant those. I still have a few seeds of that one left, but I don’t wanna pop them until I’m relatively sure I can clone them successfully. That one was a keeper for sure.

Edit: I’d post a link to the GT grow report, but that was the one that got deleted from thcfarmer because I mentioned COVID.

12 Likes

What are the parents of that one… Golden Tiger, G13hp?

4 Likes

(TK x Appalachia) x '88G13HP. Good shit.

10 Likes

Yeah, this is what I haven’t really had in a while. Would be cool to see that again, I prefer sticky / gooey strains to the powdery, dry or oily feeling trichomes. I’ve had a moderately gooey strain on one of the recent runs (think it was BT, not sure), though it wasn’t standout to me. I still have memories of an ultra gooey strain that I had back in ~2003.

Feeling good about this lineup at the moment, thanks again everyone!

23 Likes

Yessir! Yessiree! @syzygy!

image|nullxnull

:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Goji F2 - the pheno that got away due to my absent-mindedness

Well this is by far my favorite Cannabis that I’ve consumed this year from a medical perspective. Clear, enhanced focus, mentally stimulating yet deeply relaxing effects. Very similar to the mother which has great uplifting anti-depressant and calming anti-anxiety properties. The uplifting effect is less pronounced than the mother, but the calming effects feel noticeably stronger. Feels like getting a mental massage.

Overall I’m feeling like I actually prefer this to the mother and think it’s equal or better on every trait of significance. Good aroma and taste and highly desirable calyx-to-leaf ratio. I noticed there are seeds in the buds likely from a neighboring (2017) Goji F2 with intersex issues. Thinking that I may even explore those at some point in the distant future, who knows.

Also is the brightness better on these pictures or should I still go higher?

26 Likes

So it exists in there after all! The hunt is on
:man_farmer: :seedling:

8 Likes

The flowers look (and sound) awesome, looking better than the previous pics. Is there some reason you can’t use a brighter background? Like something to do with the software or something?

9 Likes

Thanks! Going to try to take some later on a white piece of paper and see how they look.

6 Likes

White background tests , only edit was cropping. Various light angles / iso, shutter speed & fstop settings :

25 Likes

Glad to hear you found a good one! Apologies if you already mentioned this, but did you clone this one you’re reviewing?

The brightness of the pics you posted on RIU was better imo for medium rez shots, when comparing with the medicine mountain background. I’d love to see full rez pics so I could zoom those trichs. :wink:

I actually really like the white background when your color correction doesn’t change it to an off-white or give it a red/blue/whatever cast. I prefer to shoot with diffuse natural lighting, such as from an opaque skylight. That’s how I’ve taken my best pics, but I don’t have that situation anymore since we moved.

Here’s an example taken with a phone camera:

It’s a little blown out, but I prefer that to it being underlit.

:sun_with_face: :rainbow_flag:
:seedling: :peace_symbol:

24 Likes

No, I was going to attempt a re-veg but completely forgot up until the second I chopped the whole plant down haha. Not worried though, I can always try to find something similar again or even better explore something new to me. I’m just glad that it showed me there’s something in there that I really like. Have enough other stuff hoarded at this point that I need to make my way through anyways and mothers just hinder that effort.

Yeah, I need to mess around with the white balance on camera I think, or start using the raw files instead of JPG. Your pictures look incredible to have been just taken with phone.

13 Likes

That 91 skunk va x ssdd is one that I would choose to explore.

12 Likes

If something shows up in the f2s everyone is hunting through maybe it will make it’s way back to you :wink:

9 Likes

Closeups with TG6 camera

Raw nikon shot with white balance adjusted, still a bit pink in background… :

23 Likes

You could print out a square of medium grey to use for a white balance card.

6 Likes

Those closeup shots are fucking amazing, wish I could get ones like those. In the “white background” test shots, the fourth pic looks the best. I’m not sure what you did differently there, but yeah, I think that one looks the best of the group. They’re all kinda “shadow-y,” though, which on the one hand doesn’t look the greatest, but on the other hand, it’s like,”This nug is casting a big shadow…” haha! Kinda cool.

I don’t even know that you have to be so “extreme” haha, going from the super-dark background to the white background. I like red, been using the cover of that book “Cherry” (paperback edition) and also this red towel that I have on our outside table that I set the seedlings on. I dunno. Like I said, I just snap a shitload of pics and hope a couple turn out okay. Still easier than the old-school method, though. Could you imagine? Just taking roll after roll after roll of pics and then having to develop them all in the darkroom, hoping that some of them came out okay? So much wasted film… haha.

7 Likes

I think this one is the best out of the ones on the white back ground, as far as color and white balance. It looks the best on my MacBook at least.
I’m just starting to play around with RAW files too, so I can’t offer any guidance there.
I don’t think the one’s on the Bodhi/MSSC stickers look bad either, but could maybe use a tad more diffused light coming from the same angle as the camera. I’ve been thinking about getting a light box, or making one for bud shots. Not sure if you have instagram or not, but I always like to get inspired by erik.nugshots, notcurt_ice, and greengenesgarden. Just hope you don’t have GAS, gear-acquisition-syndrome, after looking at their gear - cuz you’ll be broke in no time!

15 Likes

Got to see a few pictures from greengene’s before IG required a login… Some ridiculously nice shots. I think you’re right about the GAS though, too much looking will probably push me towards acquiring a greater magnification lens aha. For the Nikon Z series I’m mostly limited to Z mount lenses (1:1 only) unless I were to get an FTZ converter or Laowa lens so I should be safe…

Yeah same, take like 100 shots at diff ISO,shutter-speed, f/stop holding the flash in different positions and then try to select the best. Orange background and box of dogshit bags test shots :

17 Likes

I like that look.

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes