Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

I’m gonna smoke every bit of it so a nanner won’t hurt my feelings I assure you! Thanks again.

:cowboy_hat_face:

10 Likes

My Goji F2’s are about 32 days or so into flower, and have not shown any signs of sexual instability. In my limited experience weeks 3/4 have been when I’m seen the majority of my herms outside of end of life nanners.

13 Likes

You should get a ton of info from the preservation run. Eight sets of info. We made sure nothing in the Gogi OG that we used was hermed was eliminated. This doesn’t mean the new seeds won’t.

:green_heart: :seedling:

13 Likes

Will the Goji’s that go out in the fall box have labels of who made them or will they be all mixed?

Also, just out of curiosity, were seeds accepted that came from cloned plants of seeds that originally hermed from seed? I saw a number of growers didn’t have intersex tendencies after running from clone.

9 Likes

All mixed. The goal was to get as many genetics out there as possible. This gives folks more to phenos to hunt thru.

There were 8 sealed bottles used

14 Likes

Yeah been following the project since the inception. I was always a big fan of it and encouraged & appreciated the_lazy_hippie, even while shucking seeds from my own Goji F2 project that started in early 2021.

Also I always tried to tell anyone expressing interest in these Goji F2s in private to make sure they sign up for the community project’s open pollination Gojis and to expect better plants to be found there.

I’m excited to see what comes from all this. No clue how the F2s from this thread will hold up to everything else but hopefully there are enough tools out there now for anyone passionate enough to work the interesting Goji phenos found to F3/F4/IX or whatever. Would be really interesting if someone started chucking Bodhi’s Pinesoul or Razz cut with some pollen from these projects too.

I really appreciate all the work you’re putting in. Shucking the Goji x SSDD and Goji F2s + making coinflips were both very tedious tasks in the small numbers that I did, and so preparing the packaging in the numbers you are an incredible task to take on.

17 Likes

Was looking for some old pictures of the 2021 Goji male that I still can’t seem to find but did find a few old pictures that I thought may be helpful to have available. The male is no longer alive but the pictures may help for distinguishing the mother phenos from the father.

Goji Female fully seeded by Goji Male pollen

Sunshine Daydream fully seeded by Goji Male pollen

Space Monkey pollinated by Goji male next to a Goji Male branch & an old picture of an unseeded Space Monkey flower.

Goji Male

30 Likes

wow, nice pictures too

7 Likes

The two clones that managed to live thru the P.O and freezing Michigan weather didn’t herm.

:green_heart: :seedling:

8 Likes

Had free time earlier when I made the last post and wanted to get shots of everything. Wasn’t long before I was ambushed by the pup while snapping pictures so I had to abort the mission… This is what I could get…

Beautiful Day - deficient and root-bound. Very nice smells coming off of it. From memory it had strong hints of mango and almost a berry or strawberry. One of the best smelling of the tests so far.

Golden HP lower flower shots - quite light smell and requires staking from flower weight. Visually the flowers look pretty nice and are the least affected by the stressful conditions despite being roughly the same size as the others.

Sunshine Queen lower flower - low odor but also very deficient and root-bound. It’s also a bit behind the others developmentally so too early to really comment.

Also I noticed when pulling off the dried up dead leaves there was some yellow powder on my hand, indicating an open male flower. A quick examination revealed nothing but either the K4xSSDD or one of the other Golden HP was the culprit. My best guess is it was K4xSSDD. They have been severely stressed with under & overwatering, rootbound and subject to very high temperatures. Just throwing it out there that the genetic potential to be unstable is there.

25 Likes

Hoowee, though, those Golden HP lowers are looking pretty tasty…

That’s interesting how far behind that Sunshine Queen is. Or she looks kinda far behind, anyway. All the plants were flipped at the same time, right? I was thinking about planting some of the straight Three Queens this round, kinda curious about that cross. Plus, I’ve got two packs of it haha.

10 Likes

The snow lotus should make for some interesting finds.

5 Likes

Sunshine Queen takes a looooooooooooong time in my experience. Harvested @ 78 days and it could have gone longer honestly.

6 Likes

Mhm, like I said, it’s interesting haha! 78 days is longer than I woulda thought, but maybe not by much. Either way, it’s good to know. I don’t worry about flower times or anything, but these sorta “heads-ups” are always illuminating.

8 Likes

My run of Sunshine Queen went 70 days. Had the one in the SIP done early, but the 5 gals could have definitely gone longer than 70f.

9 Likes

Yeah, they were all flipped the same time and I think the Sunshine Queen showed pistils first. It’s definitely oversized being roughly 3.5ft in a 1GAL pot. Rootbound, depleted of nutrients, and often underwatered to be sure. I’m most surprised at how well the Golden HP are doing given the conditions they were in, seems to be very forgiving.

Also it’s interesting how different Redeye Jedi and Spirit HP look at an early age. Redeye Jedi is nice and compact whereas the Spirit HP is lanky and brittle (I assume OG trait?).

That doesn’t bother me at all, but if I could go back in time I would have pruned the SSQ heavier prior to flip and topdressed mid flower in order to give it a better chance. Will try more in the future regardless and am writing off the problems as environmental / my fault.

11 Likes

Redeye Jedi isn’t insanely compact or anything and the lowers are still quite stretchy, possibly due to low light levels. Compared to the Spirit HP it looks normal though.

Spirit HP - lower leaves were removed for spacial / airflow reasons.

19 Likes

Love this shot… a world of possibilities sitting on the edge of a glass.

Sunshine Queen is looks delicious, despite the low smell.

10 Likes

Thanks! Yeah it’s insane when you consider how many grains(?) of pollen are produced by one male flower.

I checked last night again and decided I was wrong about assuming the pollen came from K4xSSDD. I actually found 1 dried male flower on the underside of the Golden HP (right next to it) that I couldn’t get a picture of. I’ll try to do a better examination tonight and maybe get a few pictures.

9 Likes

I have to admit I thought this was a general thread for Goji only lol, not your journal for Goji and other gibberish :sweat: thanks for being cool about my Gojis posts above

Will you be posting about the spirit HP here or should I be on the look out on another thread ? Very interested as I just went for some (gth is one of my favorites)

11 Likes