Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

Yeah, I know for sure and am following your thread with great interest! To me it’s really cool to watch what you & holy are doing and gives me some reference points.

I believe that I have the 10% BubbaShine pheno that bodhi described multiple times on the various forums. Having never grown a pure bubbashine myself I won’t say with any level of certainty but it definitely seems to line up with his description to the T. I’d like to have an abundance of different F2s made with it in addition to exploring some more SSDD F1s. Not making any claim or hype to the quality of it or anything like that, it’s just something I’d like to have in the fridge on hand.

Personally I like the offerings using Bodhi’s SSDD a bit more than this cross, but I still want to have some F2s made of it for my own use.

KNOWN PHENOS: 70% hybrid pheno, bubbashine smell with bigger buds, nervous system harmonizer… 20% appalachia pheno, tangy chemy buds with dulingl warm blanket high… 10% bubba/blue moonshine pheno tighter kushy nuggy dreamy pheno

Appreciate your generous offers as always but until the climate changes it isn’t something I can consider at the moment. Just being able to read your guys information is huge for me and hopefully I can contribute some info that’s useful to someone else as well.

I’d lose the exclusivity status if I did that, they are more valuable sitting in the fridge!

Thanks! I’m excited to try them as I’ve been feeling like giving a TK cross another try but didn’t really want to revisit Black Triangle really with all the HP testing I’ve done lately. I may be jumping the gun a bit here having only tried 5 SSDD crosses but so far I’m liking what I assume to be the influence of that dad more than the others.

15 Likes

Triple sunshine crosses ? where do i sign up

2 Likes

At any participating Cookies dispensary
Joking but honestly I haven’t been able to find much of anything on that cross yet and have no idea if it’s even any good.

Here’s some BB HP that I tested for the 3rd time tonight.

Blueberry Hashplant (Blue Dream Sat x 88g13HP) -
Only 1 female tested. 1-2 weeks cure. Vaporized @ 375F.

Odor strength : Medium.
Aroma : Old coins, sharp mango , carrots
Frost level : Medium
Potency : Medium-Low
Calyx to Leaf ration : Low (leafy)
Effects : Relaxing and calm but not much else.

Not too big of a fan of the smell. Started out great in flower and seemed to peak around day 40, afterwords it was all downhill. The effects are nice for me but I feel like most people would be disappointed with the lower potency. Not particularly sticky and nothing stands out too much about this one. Structurally it seems very similar to a lot of the phenos that I encounter in HP crosses and so I’m assuming this to be mostly 88g13HP leaning. I’m sure there are better phenos to be found than this one.

27 Likes

did you get to flower the one remaining Spirit HP?

6 Likes

No, sadly that one turned out to be male as well. All 3 started off very lanky but filled in quite impressively and had quite a bit of vigor to them by the time genders were known. I really want to revisit that cross and see what the females are like but am still slightly burned out on the 88g13HP male, so am unsure when I will. That really nice Redeye Jedi pheno definitely has me thinking about exploring the OG x 88g crosses in the future though. Devil’s HP (Diablo OG) was great too but almost all males in that pack.

I feel like I saw that you were growing either Spirit HP or Ghost Train Haze somewhere but forgot. I’m not too efficient at navigating this site so if you have a journal please tag me and or post link here! I usually don’t find threads unless they happen to get bumped to the top of the Latest threads section.

11 Likes

yup ive done GTH in the past and i have spirit hashplant right now in week 8.

i have for sure 4 spirit hashplants (some plants had labels fell off so it could be more, but im not sure by smell/look what those are lol). They all started similarly and then grewto be quite different from each other.

I will be posting it here when dried (after feb 5)

7 Likes

Ahh nice, thanks! You’re growing out a lot of interesting looking varieties. Time Bandit is another 88g13HP cross I want to try eventually that I got as freebies from GLG. @BudWhisperer had a good review and lots of positive things to say about that one either here or at RIU. Was actually also considering ordering both the TK x Lemon Thai as well as the Sour D x a5haze from Doc D. I can’t help but imagine you’re going to find something incredible testing out all that.

12 Likes

I’ve got a few going

4 Likes

Looks like I’m outta likes for today, but I actually guffawed when I read that sentence. Funny as shit.

Anyway, thanks for posting that link. I’ve been meaning to check out what you have going on, but I keep forgetting haha.

I’m starting to think that that GHash male blends best with OG’s. And I’m only saying that based on the couple OG crosses of it that I’ve grown, namely the Imperial Majesty and the Time Bandit (and who even knows how “OG-ish” that White Fire 43 really is?) and also on your observations. Those two seemed less GHash-leaning than some of the other crosses I’ve grown, anyway.

Kinda sucks about the Blueberry Hashplant, I woulda thought that it would turn out pretty killer. But they can’t all be winners, I guess. I don’t really mind low-key, mild weed sometimes, but not often haha.

14 Likes

Supposedly one of the best ssdd crosses and was very limited

4 Likes

No way triple sunshine doesn’t come out absolute :fire: :fire:
I would expect a bunch of plants with the big fat brachts absolutely covered in resin as the bubba kush in the SSDD should combine perfectly with the Triangle Kush. I wouldn’t say the TK gets dominated so much as she just has a very wide genepool hidden in her. So a lot can come out when crossed with things. Using related things should help isolate that down.

I think that pack was a limited freebie or something as there is NO info out there at all on em. I saw SHOE put a pack up for bid not too long ago but I passed on it. Just going to try and recreate this line myself with an SSDD F2 male once I can find a good one. Hopefully get started by spring or so :pray:

In the meantime, I’ll still be over here oogling all of your pics lol
Best of luck on getting all those into seedlings!

13 Likes

In all seriousness dude, good vibrations to you on this latest project. That Triple Sunshine sounds super good! I’ll definitely be tagging along!
Speaking of Diablo OG, I recently noticed Devils Play which is Diablo OG x Wookie which piqued my interest. Not sure when that one came out, but I must have missed its release. Seems to me that my Cheech Wizard that I’m running now is a SL leaner, but not sure.
:call_me_hand: :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand:

11 Likes

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed either way they lean, but I’m hoping you find a nice blend between the two. I’m thinking the SSDD traits only dominated one or two of the Baba Kush I’m finishing up, so it’s dominance maybe depend on what it’s crossed with too. I’ve heard that TK likes to stretch, so be on the look out for that early on.

Haha, I’ve done all that stuff before too, but have the best luck just putting them in dirt!

What kind of smells or you getting on the Cheech? Are the buds kind of medium density with big rounded calyx/bracts? The snow lotus has been my least favorite male, but I’m waiting to be proven wrong.

10 Likes

I saw good expressions in a sunshine head pack. Kept the ssdd leaner and ran it for years but there was what i assume loompa leaners that were some earthy/foresty as hell Og smelling plants that were not ssdd leaning. That whole pack was heat

10 Likes

There’s nothing on the label about it being a freebie but that’s not to say it wasn’t. My main concern is potential intersex issues but I’ll be as vigilant as I can about inspecting and ruthless as I always am with that stuff.

That home-made cross sounds awesome and absolutely worth doing. The way I selected this was that I figured that the SSDD was a major draw for a fundraiser and felt like an asshole only buying that and nothing else and so I wanted to scoop up another pack. Saw TK x SSDD and knew that was something that I’d actually grow out and try and so I went with it. Didn’t want to get something else that I’d have no intention of growing any time soon as I have way too many seeds as is. Still kind of feel like an asshole grabbing them both but at least they aren’t getting hoarded away or re-sold.

Yeah, I noticed that popped up semi-recently alongside the various NFTs and talk of the W15 retiring. I had Spirit HP, Redeye Jedi, Diablo OG x Wookie and another Imperial Majesty in the cart but ended up restraining myself. I see today the Redeye has finally disappeared so the temptation is gone haha.

Yeah never meant as a serious jab or anything like that, just a friendly and fun way of demonstrating how effortless it is to do this stuff if the breeder and seed bank stores them properly. Both Bodhi and HeadieGardens / GLG know what they’re doing!

The reason I do paper towels into rapid rooters with “valuable” seeds is because I have encountered a kind of grain mite in my soil-mix before and they have completely decimated some discontinued seedlings. Once they grow beyond the cotyledon they are safe, so this is just a precautionary measure.

Agree completely, that was one of the main draws for me given how much I’m enjoying the SSDD male. Your Baba Kush pictures and descriptions so far have exceeded my expectations for that line also. Really looking forward to exploring that pack sometime too assuming I don’t burn myself out on the SSDD dad haha.

Feels like this is a reoccurring theme with the SSDD crosses. That cross sounds awesome as well to me.

12 Likes

I’ve ran 3 packs of SSDD F1’s, 20 or so F2s, 40+ of my BX1’s and I’ve never seen a single ball nor nanner on any plant. That’s after seeing Goji og’s, headbanger f1/f3, sowahh, gg4 ril, and a few others all herm in my tents at 3 weeks.

The TK I’ve only seen a single nanner on a lower at 5 weeks while flowering in 4inch pot getting flooded every 2hrs. Again, thats while all these strains were 100% herm’ing all over the place.

So I’m pretty sure you’re not going to have any issues with stability. If anything my SSDD outcrosses actually added stability to the other lines so I’d think it’d do the same here.

20 Likes

You handled those highlights No Prob…
Its a fine line and no way can you find nicer details on Trichomes.

4 Likes

Thanks! Camera did all the work as I didn’t adjust anything really but glad they came out OK.

Found this thread on BB with some pictures of the TK x SSDD if anyone is curious since we’re on the topic.

https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/summer-fun-midwest-tester-thread.201365557/#post-791712

Hopefully it’s not bad etiquette to repost pictures from other forums. If it is I’ll gladly delete…

Day 71 for this TK x SSDD’ 2 that streached the most and might be the most tri-come covered of this run. Dense buds same of diesel dank with fruity undertones bigger buds and she was the most nitrogen craving of the run. Love this strain so far can’t wait to taste them all!

20 Likes

I seems to be getting a peppery, briney, almost dill pickles and kush. The structure is tall, viney with the buds foxtailing from head to toe. Getting a purple fade. Similar to @Vagabond_Windy CW grow but more purple on the fade.

14 Likes

Seems I’m always the odd one… wonder why, lol!

I’ve had some SSDD F1’s throw more balls than I cared to keep plucking.

My space is/was dirty, light leaks, environmental fluctuations, mechanical malfunctions, and actual dirt! It was one of the reasons B let me test. So, while I never did get what I think of as true hermi’s from B’s seeds, there were some dongs dangling.

Most were Appy crosses.

13 Likes