Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

Mmmmm look at those lil lady fingers!

2 Likes

Haha. I hope you like tiramisu cuz I got lady fingers for days!

I just checked on my clones. I should have up potted to something bigger. The janks I put in 5 gallon buckets are going gang busters. The smaller square pots I used for the rest, the roots are already dangling out of the bottom.

2 Likes

Hell yeah, dude those little seedling pouches @crownpoodle uses. Mann I just bought a 400 pack on Amazon for like 20 bucks. I’m set for years. But yeah he has picks you just put to a bigger pot the roots grow right through the pouch.

2 Likes

Tell me more about these patches.

1 Like

This is where I need @crownpoodle to explain, he can better. I still haven’t got to use mine yet. I will use mine come this fall season.

1 Like

I need to replant Solos tomorrow. I’ll post photos if I remember. Kick me if I forget

2 Likes

@crownpoodle I saw your mesh bags. Pretty cool. Roots eventually just bust through?

@Hotrods_and_hounds

I can’t get a great picture that shows any real depth on these plants but I think I got some pretty decent stretch on these girls.

From compact little bushes to this here

10 Likes

Yup, right thru the bags. Those bags come in different sizes too if you wanted.

2 Likes

Isn’t that a form of air pruning roots? Fairly basic grower here, just trying to understand the value of the roots penetrating the bag

3 Likes

I haven’t used them but I’ve seen folks here who do. Next time I need some bags I think I’ll try those instead.

Air pruning may be a benefit but for me it would be not having to remove the plant from the container. just dig your hole and plop it in. I think if you let it air prune in such a small container may not be a good idea?

3 Likes

Try handling a handful of soil with a small plant in one hand. Use the bag in the other hand. It’s not air pruning as I’m not loosing any roots. I don’t grow in just the bag. It’s just a simple way to handle plants. Roots grow thru the bag right into soil in the bigger pot. I’ve dropped them, picked up the bag with the plant and moved on. Try dropping one out of a Solo. Soil doesn’t stay on the roots so well.

3 Likes

Thank you both!

2 Likes

Nice. Nice nice nice. I’ve never kept plants in soil before so every little thing that can help me out is definitely appreciated. I’m just now coming to grips how the rotation of these plants is going to work.

1 Like

Here are two clones that went into 5s vs the remainder that went into some tall square pots I had laying around.

7 Likes

Excellent! Bottom 2 plant pics. What strain is that one?

2 Likes

Might have dropped this on the wrong spot.Hmmm…

2 Likes

Hah. Classic poodleman. If’n you did mean to ask here these are all clones of the infamous @Bobgrows bubba Kush.

4 Likes

I just remembered. Thanks for knocking my brain loose @Indicana_Jones

2 Likes

DING DING DING!! ROUND TWO!! FIGHT!!

It looks like popping these gaskets off and seating them to the motor is gonna be the ticket.

5 Likes

Good luck and Godspeed :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes