Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

Nope I’m from OG only! Y’all got me for life!

3 Likes

New reading this morning in the control bucket is 5.95

An increase of 0.18

No heat fluctuations

No plant funk.

Now what :joy:

3 Likes

Switch to soil lul

3 Likes

What’s the ph of the res?

1 Like

You’re using that “good” city water yeah? Think it might be something in it causing issues?

3 Likes

I’ll go check real quick. I don’t even care that it’s lights out right now :sob:

1 Like

6.17 res is sitting at 79°

1 Like

Dang bro…you trying to de-carb them while growing? My environment makes temp control a manageable deal, without costing a fortune. Rarely real hot or cold. Humidity can get up. My outside can suffer sometimes from it, but the tents are ok.
You folks that fight the heat and humidity… I’m ALWAYS impressed. I love seeing grows that even with problems, finish well.

4 Likes

Ive only had one grow in this system that went perfectly start to finish and that was the very first one. It’s always something and I usually always figure it out.

I looked into general hydroponics down going bad. I didn’t find anything conclusive. Everything is “should” and “maybe”, and “could”. I did glean a little info from a pool forum where some one said that pH down should remain good for 3-5 when stored properly in a cool dry dark place. I looked over at my bottle sitting in the middle of the floor soaking up light and heat in this dank ass humid room.

I’m grasping at straws right now.

3 Likes

Ohh also @Hotrods_and_hounds

Control bucket 5.95 @70°

Res 6.17 @ 79°

That’s also a difference of about 10° and a difference of 0.22

@HomegrownVABudz yep. I’m on city water. Where ever that comes from. I know Portsmouth gets all of our prestine country waters pumped to them. Not to get too tinfoil first thing in the morning but I just read an article the other day about how foreign hackers are hacking into our water systems and screwing around with chemical levels effectively poisoning us. Allegedly.

4ddbf00c-a2cf-11e8-90bf-ccc49f9b020a_1320x770_160656~2

2 Likes

My 1st indoor grow ever went phenomenal! Did my homework on settling up the 4x4 correctly. Something from @Tonygreen . OGRH x ? It’s done, been in jars a bit. My wife and I just looked at each other, both just amazed.

Then I thought I knew what I was doing! That was humbling. @SHSC-1 saved my ass, amoung others. Like you. Seems it’s always something, but it gets figured out. I run a lot of different strains. That alone keep things interesting.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Here’s some food for thought. Maybe I should be setting my pH once the res heats up to 80° and just rock with the door open to try and control temps and keep pH from swinging up so high. I’m pretty sure I can maintain mid 80s in that room with the door left open while the lights are on.

2 Likes

Yeah that sounds like good logic, curious to see though if the heats makes a continuous rise or will it find a spot and level out and hold.

2 Likes

We’re on a well, and I don’t really trust it either. If that tells you anything :rofl:

2 Likes

All good experiments. I’m not gonna add anymore pHdown to my soup. I’ll just keep collecting data when the lights come back on tonight.

3 Likes

Right on brother….im all OG NOW TOO

1 Like

Makes sense. If temp increase is causing the pH to change, adjust after it comes up might help quite a bit.

1 Like

Love your journal/journey thanks for sharing…beautiful job on everything @Indicana_Jones

1 Like

One thing just popped into my head, and again I know nothing about hydro. When I used to make teas, it was really important to clean residual biofilm. It would create or mimic all sorts of weird things. Have you checked for any biofilm or an algae bloom?

3 Likes

Good point. My tea can has 30 gallons of water in it right now. Dump, scrub then rinse and it’s tea time!

3 Likes