Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

I’m sorry. Please explain to me what a staff sponsor is. I really think there are a lot of kids out there that could use some guidance from my special skill set.

3 Likes

Man that sounds weird and creepy as fuck.

3 Likes

LOL!

I’m picturing you in a white van with no windows handing out Halloween candy :rofl:

3 Likes

At schools some adult, usually a staff member, sometimes a parent or community group or member has to “sponsor” any event the kids have. Depending on the school you may be voluntold or if you have a special interest or know the kids want something specific.

I teach physical education so I’m usually a coach, specifically archery. Sometimes it’s drama or Lego club. Sometimes the kids put something together. I have sponsored a lot of sports, a robot club, an LGBT club, a knitting circle and a stock market game. That one was a hoot. https://www.stockmarketgame.org/

4 Likes

In all seriousness, most schools are having a really hard time getting stuff back up and running since quarantine.

A lot of funding and volunteers and interest has dried up. A lot of the avenues that existed pre COVID are in shambles. No one got together for like, 3 years. If you’re interested in being involved in any capacity at the kids’ school they would love to have you.

Eta: if your business has a slow season, subs make $100/ day in my district. Some of my favorite subs are from the glass mfg. place here in town. They work 4 12h shifts and then will pick up the 5th day of the week and sub. Make some cash for watching a movie with the kids. It’s really hard to find subs for PE. People are God damn weird about what they think goes on in a PE class. 🫨 Don’t get me started on that.

5 Likes

…i have a white van with no windows. Damnit.

@AppalachianBiscuits that actually sounds really really cool. I had no idea.

5 Likes

I think knitting is out. This is the sock he knit me for Christmas. When I asked him where the other one was, he told me it was for both feet :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I never had any doubt.

7 Likes

Oh first time I met @Indicana_Jones he was driving his van lol. I checked inside, no candy unfortunately :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::rofl:

@Indicana_Jones if you ever decide you want to start taking blood pressure meds again, take some of this dipping sauce and dunk some mozzarella sticks in for funsies :rofl:

3 Likes

@HomegrownVABudz whats this dipping sauce?

2 Likes

This jar of deliciousness :yum:

5 Likes

@HomegrownVABudz bro I think we need to have an intervention on how you’re abusing these mozzarella sticks lol. Rasberry honey mustard I don’t know they have trial size?

4 Likes

Every size is a trial size if you’re brave enough lol, but no I think that’s the only size.

It’s super delicious man. I’m telling ya

3 Likes

I’ll look it up and give it a whirl, I’m in the Midwest we don’t get super adventurous on flavor combos.

But we have a killer chunky marinaras; go downtown to the old Italian district . Ooo toasted raviolis and mozzarella sticks for lunch is killer.

4 Likes

We need a good Italian place, that isn’t primarily pizza. We don’t have different districts, just in-town and downtown lol

2 Likes

Yeah it’s def a gift and a curse, St. Louis is cool to visit but kinda shitty to live in.

Also where you get that looked on Amazon and they have a bunch of that flavor but not that brand.

2 Likes

They’re a local place. They’re about halfway between me and Indi

2 Likes

Lol well That kills it I’ll try the flavor on an Amazon brand.

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s just as tasty! I’m a huge honey mustard guy and this is probably the best lol

2 Likes

I didn’t realize we were neighbors, @Hotrods_and_hounds . I’m about an hour south of you.

forrest-ezgif.com-resize (2)

2 Likes