Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

Last season I grew these Crenshaw Melons. I forgot what I planted and they didn’t look very good so they lay out in the garden for about a month. My brother came by and we picked one off of a dried up vine. It was white like honeydew and one of the sweetest melons I’ve had. They went home with arm loads of them. Haa haa

5 Likes

I went looking for that old picture. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah those def look a little weird, but pretty good yeah? I tried to grow some mini cantaloupe in a small pot this year and that was a failure. I cant get it to actually fruit. But the Crenshaw a honey dew, like pretty good for breakfast?

2 Likes

They were really good, man I have about 3 hills of Canteloupe and already have about 10 on there. I ate them last year until I got sick of them. I can eat a whole one at once if they are not to big. I also eat toast and about 5-6 tomatoes at one time. The Crenshaws get twice as big as Canteloupe

5 Likes

My dad used to do salt on apples… I though it was gross to be honest but now that I’m older I should try that shit out… I mean sweet and sour Chinese right?

I’m a big fan of melons too. Cantaloupe cut in half, to use as a bowl, with vanilla ice-cream. Awesome summer treat. This year sprouts had these cantaloupes that looked like honey dew. they were out of control good!

unrelated… kinda… but the salt on apples reminded me of my dads favorite breakfast… Pancakes with peanutbutter… Now that i can do for breakfast and dinner!

4 Likes

@Hashpants you know what variety of cantaloupe you are growing. This old head that put me on to salting melons brought up some cantaloupe from NC ànd they were fire. I wish I remembered what he called them. It was probably some old country boy made up gibberish anyway. :joy:

4 Likes

Honeyrock, Sierra Gold and Ambrosia from last year. Also Charantais edit : half the pics didn’t load.

4 Likes

@TrichomesToStun they might have been rocky… rorocky something melons. Cross of cantaloupe and honey dew. I’m pretty sure Ive never had one but I hear they are crack.

3 Likes

I’m going there again tomorrow. I hope they still have some!

3 Likes

I was shopping around the vines today , looks like another week at least for mine. They are full size but they will yellow just a bit when ready.

3 Likes

Ohhhh. The whatnots. I’m sorry. I totally forgot all about that guy.

Rocky sweet melons.

3 Likes

Hah. Two more weeks. Gotta let em amber up a bit.

3 Likes

Man peanut butter and packed is good!! I take ego waffles and use those for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, when I’m real baked even add a little maple syrup. Def diabetes on a plate but good!

Edit: @Hashpants also the better boys are on the way, I may run a couple of those in the tent over the winter with other “tomatoes”

3 Likes

I’m picking tomorrow morning. I’ve been working on the Eastern Shore and gave my first bucket of tomatoes to my brother and his wife to process , deer got thiers. I should have enough to make a case of quarts of Salsa and a case of soup. Probably get toasted myself haa haa. Canning just makes beer taste better .

4 Likes

Bro. I don’t know how you did it. All of our tomatoes are exploding on the vine from all this rain. I think the radiator Charlie’s are gonna make it. They aren’t near ripe yet.

4 Likes

We have only had a half inch of rain all damn summer. It’s been the driest in the last 10 years here against the mountain.

5 Likes

Oh shoot. It just started raining here like a week ago and it won’t stop. I hope y’all get some of this.

4 Likes

My pumpkin is loving it :joy:

4 Likes

Damn that’s wild shit last week we had 14 inches, it’s been stupid wet out here.

3 Likes

Good morning everybody. Running around today trying to help people’s houses get sold.

2 Likes