Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

Put a NSFW tag on that geez :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

@Indicana_Jones well I threw my name in there the chance of recovering all that cash though seems very slim.

4 Likes

I’m guessing Parks whopper or Burpee delicious.

3 Likes

@Hashpants yeah it’s look solid like a giant paste tomato.

3 Likes

Well, since I have such a sophisticated labeling system, I don’t know :joy: they were interplanted with my Amish paste, so I’m further confused.

They have potato leaves, so maybe a Brandywine?

And it was larger than a softball, perfect to slap on a fried bologna sandwich

4 Likes

Made me some Marinara and Salsa yesterday. Got pretty high and cut a piece of cake with the ice cream scoop.:laughing:

7 Likes

Ooooo that looks like you made enough for winter, and how you cut cake with an ice cream scoop lol that’s impressive in itself!

4 Likes

Also do you boil and skin yours?

2 Likes

Are those san marzano?

2 Likes

It seemed cool as heck , but this morning it looked like Raccoons had done it !

3 Likes

Then did you get some fried bologna in today?

2 Likes

Yes San Marzanos , I have a whole row I grew from seed. I grind the whole thing after warming them.

3 Likes

Not yet, something to look forward to

3 Likes

My entire crop got blossom end rot last year. I was sad cuz I’ve just developed a taste for tomatoes recently and I took a bite out of one that made it and was like "oh, this one’s full of pasta sauce. :joy: I have this great big bag of gypsum up here to cure the blossom rot, but my wife won’t do it. It’s her garden so whatever.

5 Likes

@Hotrods_and_hounds I hope you get a surprise check in the mail homie

2 Likes

Snap! Gotta save those good tomatoes for the pasta sauce!

Those tomatoes ya guys got looks awesome. Raw is not my thing but roma for some sauce and we’re golden!

1 Like

Looks like a nice Brandywine tomato there. I’d be making tomato sandwiches for sure. Haha. I have so much BS to do in the yard before I get around to vegetable beds and an area for tomatoes, but I’m stoked for when I finally get around to it.

4 Likes

Amish paste or San Marzano over Roma for sauce personally.

3 Likes

Man you guys are making me hungry lol.

Some mini pizza pics from awhile back. Usually get 100-150lb of tomatoes at the end of the year for dirt cheap and use one of those machines to make sauce with it. I also will buy like 20-50 lb of red peppers also for cheap and roast them in the oven and also turn them into sauce. When I have both “in stock” I use 75% tomato sauce and 25% roasted red pepper sauce for a base for the mini pizzas I make. I make em small cuz I have a small pizza stone on the bbq I use. Apparently my sis gonna give me a second one at some point so I can make em twice as fast lol. Wish I could find pics of the sauce making. Don’t mind my weed covered freezer haha

This shit pictured was chorizo and roasted garlic was feeling adventurous at the time lol

Screenshot of what I use to make the sauce lol

Basically just boil em for a few mins then send em through, skin and seeds get separated. It comes out relatively watery so have to reduce it a bit and then I just vac seal and freeze. Lasts me the whole year for pizza, pasta and chili.

I use a french bread recipe for pizza similar to something that would make a baguette.

5 Likes

Amish paste or san marzano? I’ve only had one. Let’s narrow down this bracket to find a champion sauce tomato!

3 Likes