Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

Is there science and everything on curing weed nowadays? Myself and the people who taught me or I grew with always felt the flower was at its best after a long slow dry. 17-20 days. Then, trim it up and get it sold or put into the fridge or freezer for storage to stop any degradation. Everyone else loves curing weed and whatnot though, so I’m sure there’s some science by now to prove me wrong. Haha

3 Likes

Hah. I think the science is 10 days at 60° and 60% rh to dry and then how ever long you wanna cure. Usually as long as it sits in the bag before it’s gone one way or another :joy:

3 Likes

I’m gonna invest in a cannatrol and have it ready in 8 days :rofl:

5 Likes

I was looking at their modular walk in unit they got. I was scared to call their rep and ask what something like that might run.

3 Likes

You know the rule. If you have to ask, you can’t afford it :rofl:

2 Likes

Those Cannatrols are just too small for me for that cost, but I’m either buying something like that or just making some form of hash with my flower from here on out. I’m not selling or anything these days, so trying to keep a second story room in FL 60/60 for over two weeks is pissing me off and I don’t really like anything but top notch flower. So, I’ll be doing something in the next three months. Flipping by this weekend and have nothing too long flowering in there.

3 Likes

I can’t remember the cost, but it was insane. I was looking at mini walk-ins and the pop-up types and all of that for making bubble here in humid hot hell. Haha

3 Likes

Those cannatrols are some nice units…thinking about one myself, trying to dry in the PNW is no party

2 Likes

If I was growing just for me I’d probably turn everything into some kind of hash also :rofl::rofl:

But folks gotta smoke :joy:

3 Likes

I also have that feeling that there has to be a competitor for Cannatrol coming soon. I’d shell out all of that cash and then three weeks later another company would come out with a better unit with more capacity for cheaper and then I’d forever hate my Cannatrol every time I looked at it. Haha

3 Likes

Should be able to locate a used unit by now…they have been out for a while now

3 Likes

Just put one of these bad boys in a spare bathroom. Plants will be dry in about 15 minutes and your toilet won’t have any water in it and your drains will be bone dry.

https://thermalflowtech.com/product/x-power-xd125-refrigerant-dehumidifier/

3 Likes

Found a cannatrol in NY never used for 1250

3 Likes

Shipping to FL should be cheap. Probably be cheaper for me to auto train up there and pick it up. Haha

2 Likes

Found it on offerup

1 Like

I work in property insurance in FL. Know those suckers well. You can get one of those cheap online around here constantly. Haha. They just happen to disappear from sites on a frequent basis.

2 Likes

I don’t even know what that is. Haha. I know of eBay, Craigslist, and Facebook Marketplace (but I don’t have a Facebook account.)

1 Like

just a app for your phone…easy to find and use

2 Likes

Hah. I had a project manager at one of these restoration companies that was going tits up years ago was like “hey man. You should go into the warehouse and pull out as many fans and dehus you can fit in your van and abandon them on one of your jobs.”

I wish I would have.

1 Like

Those things will dry a room out quickly though, but the people having to do that job always hate it. They’re always so angry and pissed off. Haha. Dealing with nasty flooded places and all that comes with that. Hell nah. No water mit work for me. Haha

2 Likes