Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

I do believe it. Ain’t nothing fast in this business.

1 Like

@Foreigner this project was the classic “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.” I think I had 5 “damn, that’s not gonna work” trips back and forth to the store.

1 Like

I used to live in Home Depot. One time I needed something cut to size a new guy filled
out the bill. I took it to the cash and told the lady “I’m not paying for this,” and she said OK.

1 Like

Lol. I have a love hate relationship with the Lowe’s/Home Depot twins. I love that no one there has any clue as to what’s going on. I hate that know one knows what’s going on. I hate their rip off pricing schemes. I just made one last trip up there to get a 4" PVC cap. I got to the check out and that hoe rang up for $16. “That feels a little aggressive,” I says to the cashier that couldn’t care less. So when I get to my car, I Google the part I just bought and sure enough, the price range was $5-$8. Now I’m gonna go back in there and break a bunch of corners off a stack of drywall and buy it for $4 a sheet instead of $22. Dickwads

6 Likes

I once overheard a depot employee tell another employee “if I knew anything about plumbing I wouldn’t be working here.”

2 Likes

It really is wild how little most of the people that work at Lowe’s or Home Depot know about anything there. Pricing is crazy too. Seem to be getting more and more crowded with shelves and endcap stuff too. Can barely push the cart around if you’re actually getting anything. Hate those places. Haha

1 Like

I’ve been trying to put them in my rearview unless I can exploit them somehow. Trade specific warehouses are the way to go. My lumber yard sells higher grade pine for half the price. My plumbing supply is 1/2 to 2/3 less and everything is organized in a way that makes sense. My drywall supply is about 1/3 less.

Not to mention they load up all the carts they have with online orders and just leave them in the middle of the store to dodge around too.:joy:

1 Like

Oh yeah. I laid the smack down on this grow room this morning. Seven plants got the ax. You better ax somebody

8 Likes

Wish I’d have checked back in on ya sooner bud. Moving that vent pipe coulda been licked! I might have been able to help with pipe identification. I do water and sewer services for a living. Mostly only from mains to house. The plumber can have that other mess, lol. We run sewer pipe(SDR35), then convert to SCHD40 for through or under concrete, and the plumber usually converts that to SCHD80. I bet you just needed a DWR adapter. Just a matter of OD & ID. Everything takes glue!
Glad your able to shit and shower again. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Is that what sched 40 is for? I think I ran the whole thing in schedule 40. I wish I had you here. I’m trying to find the waterline that comes from the meter into the house. I want to replace all of that galvanized shit. It’s gotta be nearing the end of its life.

2 Likes

Schedule 40 is good. More than you’ll ever need. The galvanized could last a long time, but you don’t ever want to see the inside of that pipe, lol. Yuck. How old is the house? Send me as pic of your meter setter stand. I’ll tell ya what you need. I dug mine up a couple years ago. It was all galvanized to IPS pipe. I converted to CTS poly with a male adapter to compression in the meter barrel.
If you can’t find it. It likely comes right into the mechanical room. Where the furnace and water heater are. You live where it snows, right?

3 Likes

Damn that’s painful to watch 🫣🤣

1 Like

When I upgraded to 1” copper it changed my life.

1 Like

House was built in 1940. Why am I even up? What ungodly hour is this? 6:50? I’m going back to sleep. Lol. See y’all in a few!

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl: 6:50 ain’t so bad

1 Like

Look at you go ! Atta boy Killin it all around

2 Likes

@blowdout2269

It kinda points in the direction of where the old mechanical shed would have been. But this fitting terminates and goes 90° straight down. Why would they do that to me?

3 Likes

Damn, it looks like most of your setter stand is buried. Below that brass, does it go to copper?
This what it shout look like below the meter. (I just so happened to be standing by a pile of them, so I snapped a pic lol).
Water connects in from the main and serviced to the house at the bottom. At least the style we use.

4 Likes

Man I hate plumbing and electrical. Those two I’ve always kind of steered clear of.?glad @blowdout2269 is around for expertise

5 Likes

That’s wild. That end with the red plug is the fitting you can see to the left of my meter. The red plug part is facing straight down! How does that work? You got me wanting to dig this whole fucking thing outta the ground lol.

2 Likes