Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

I wish. I’ve been looking at that damn monstrosity and it’s fucked up pipes since I moved in 5 years ago. :joy:

1 Like

Oh…so it wasn’t there before, and now it is? Eww!
Lol, I really don’t mind snakes. But I prefer I see them before they see me! :joy:

Any further progress with the meter stand bro?

1 Like

Nah. The pipe coming into the house is copper. Then it ties into the miles of galvanized steel. It’s gonna be super easy to tie pex into that copper and then tie into the existing PEX.

There’s no way it’s copper all the way to the meter is it?

Yes, its possible. We still use copper here. Mostly CTS poly now though. It’s even easier to convert poly to PEX. Plus, you ain’t gotta worry about your solder job.

If it is copper to the meter, you’ll likely have less brass fittings to buy. And brass can be pricey. I’d suggest finding s plumber buddy if u got one, and use his discount lol. Copper and CTS generally have the same OD. So you’d just need a new gasket for the compression coupler at the meter, then a new one to convert to PEX.
Here, lemmi go snap a pic for ya.

1 Like

Red=3/4" CTS Poly coming through basement wall
Yellow=female adapter(compression × pipe thread)
Purple=male adapter(pipe thread ×PEX)
All right to left.
Then I got a PEX×PEX ball valve to shut off in the house if I want. And the one below I put in to fill my water jugs for the grow. :wink:

Oh yeah, some meter stands come ready with compression ends at the bottom. Others come female. So you need to add male adapters(male pipe thread×compression). :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah. I have a good homie that owns a pretty sizeable plumbing outfit. I don’t know why they never got back to me about moving that stack. I’m sure they just have a ton of shit going on, but I wanna call him and ask him if they came up with a price for me just so I can tell him I just wanted to see how much money I saved. :joy:

I actually made friends with the guys at my local supply house and they just throw my tickets on random companies cash accounts.

Youve inspired me to go remove my smart meter and just hook my shit back up with a piece of straight pipe. Free water for life!

1 Like

I have a custom made jumper pipe. I use it to test stuff on jobs, and to get a drink. Easier that filling a bottle off a fire hydrant! Lol

1 Like

I’d be interested to see what that looks like.

Save $1000s with this one weird trick. The electric company hates this.

1 Like

Wtf is that thing?

A jumper for your power panel?

1 Like

Yeah. My uncle taught me how to make your own with nails and jumper cables. That shit was mad sketchy. I never knew they actually made a legit product for the cause.

1 Like

Yeah, I knew guys that would do something similar back in Cali back in the day. Illegal grow ops. Great way to get caught, lol.

1 Like

I’m trying to get my entire neighborhood to go for free electric lol.

Hehe, the power company would love that.

1 Like

I could see them coming through and just pulling down all the power lines!

That would be a sight to see.
Killdozer status. :joy:

The utility companies aren’t about to know what to do with my block haha.

Lol. Things got a little crazy in here. It’s like a girl’s gone wild commercial but for subversive comrades.

Steel drums intensify!

Falling asleep here. Good night bro.

1 Like

Morning man. I appreciate all of your help. I have one last question. Is this cut straight enough for PEX?

1 Like