Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

What’s the reason, besides drugs, he can’t just use one ladder for that job?? That seems insane. Haha

6 Likes

Drugs. No other reason. If you REALLY apply yourself you get a bonus at the end of the day.

2 Likes

Besides the drugs…I think it’s the window eve below would push his ladder too far off the wall to go straight up.

3 Likes

@Loggershands technically the Eve should be no issue with the ladder on an angle? Perhaps they weren’t long enough to go straight up, :man_shrugging:t2: @PatHealy is correct it’s just ludicrous! I can see about 4 ways this could be done safer , easier and with much less ladders needed :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

I’m definitely not defending this idea! It’s dumb is all ways possible. I’m just saying, as someone who has spent most of his life as an electrician, climbing ladders, often these angles are deceiving and what looks easy from here, might look different from where he stands…holding his crack pipe…high as a kite….:joy:

2 Likes

I mean, dude is really just 2 ladder jacks and a walk board away from being safe as can be. But who wants to spend $500 of crack money on dumb shit like that when we can just tie a bunch of extension ladder pieces together. :rofl:

4 Likes

Tie? You tie? We just use tape.

2 Likes

Tape? That newfangled stuff is pricey! Around here we use our saliva and wait for it to solidify , then we add some old toilet paper and pencil shavings ….

“Scuse me while I load some rock in my rig “

2 Likes

Scotch tape :joy:

2 Likes

Bahaha ! Oh the strong stuff huh :thinking:

2 Likes

Some of the craziest construction shit I’ve seen has been in Central America. No safety gear, dangling off ledges and outside of balconies, standing in handrails 100’ up in the air.

Fucking crazy. “Happy vacation, look we just saw a man fall to his death. Margarita?”

2 Likes

I can only imagine Lmmfao margarita? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Life is cheap. Safety equipment is expensive.

It’s really bad.

2 Likes

I was working on a local school renovation and the crane operator hit the power lines with the cable. The poor guy holding the tag line was electrocuted and when I tried CPR on him I burned my hands on his body as soon as I touched him. He was literally cooking. Job site safety in construction is so important.

3 Likes

That type of stuff happens here too. There was a Hispanic gentleman that was doing new construction drywall work on the second floor of a house. The builder didn’t put up a temp railing in the hallway that looked over to the first floor and my man came walking out in stilts and tumbled over the ledge. Dead on impact. Illegal labor here is so cheap I don’t know if this shit got reported to anybody. In the days after I didn’t see a single OSHA, no on site safety. Fucking nothing. It’s like they just swept my man into a gutter somewhere and told everyone to be careful.

1 Like

I heard a story about a building inspector looking at new not finished homes who fell through the floor and died. On his first day.

People tend to have a cavalier im a big man attitude but I’ve done enough fucking around in my life to know that you don’t fuck around.

2 Likes

I bet money this is what happened.

2 Likes

Also, I was watching television in Mexico. Bob the builder came on. And I swear to god (in my mind) they were saying “c’mon guys let’s hurry up and get to work where we’ll do overtime for no extra pay and possibly die from having no PPE.”

Grooming the future generations.

1 Like

The bullshit that happens with home repairs and stuff you see in claims is insane. Stay away from “handymen” for sure. Haha

2 Likes

Haha. I can’t tell you how many water loss jobs I’ve been to and when you start peeling the layers back and it’s like “oh shit. There was a pretty good house fire here that was never mitigated or repaired!”

2 Likes