Intergalactic Cat's First Grow

Hello Friends, glad to be a part of this community!

My first grow now going for almost 5 months.

Some details of my outdoor grow:

unknown seeds

Germinated with the paper towel sandwich bag method

11 seedlings at start one died,4 of 10 plants were females. I beat the 3/7 odds!

Used grow bags 15 and 10 gallon bags

Soil was a mix of organic potting soil, miracle grow soil, manure, and sand

Watered every day out the hose, every third day used Fox Farm Trio Fertilizer and eventually ChaChing. Unless it rained, it rains a lot where I live.

What a learning experience it has been. Tried a few different things, still learning alot

Three plants are Indica and one Sativa. Two plants are 19wks and the other two are 17wks.

11 Likes

Plant1

8 Likes

Plant2

8 Likes

Plant3

9 Likes

Plant4, my only Sativa plant

16 Likes

Hello @IntergalacticCat, welcome to the OverGrow!

Looking forward to following along with your grow!

4 Likes

Welcome! Definitely off to a good start!

3 Likes

Well I’m always here to help anyway I can, but it looks like your doing just fine

2 Likes

Successful outdoors can be so rewarding with mother nature working against the plants the way it does.

Looking good brother.

And welcome aboard.

3 Likes

Thanks guys, having fun! My grow is three layered will post more info and pics as I go along .

On a side note, I usually water in the evening and yesterday I noticed my youngest and only Sativa plant had a branch that looked wilted. I examined it and didn’t notice anything out the ordinary. Did the regular watering. I checked on it this afternoon and the three baby colas on that branch didnt look any better. They didn’t pass the smell test.

8 Likes

Great to have you with us @IntergalacticCat!!! Looks like you got along fairly well throughout summer. Plants look awesome and I think I speak for all when I say we are all looking forward to your harvest, please keep us updated! :+1:

3 Likes

Here’s some pics of the plant that had a branch wilt…

And my girls hiding in plain sight

5 Likes

So after cutting the sick branch’s, I got me some practice at trimming. A couple of baby buds, after the trim I washed them in a water bath and hung them out to dry. Once they dried I put them in a paper bag to really dry before curing.

5 Likes

:hand_splayed: Hi, Welcome. I love the background behind you beautiful girls.

1 Like

made some magic brownies with some cuttings

My other harvest has done well!

7 Likes

I planted some clones a month ago, it looks like they just ended up budding instead of growing. Will they grow into plants or are they considered a loss

2 Likes

No, once they start to bud they are pretty much done. Cannabis is a short day flowering plant. This means it will begin to flower as the days start getting shorter. So these babies decided to flower for a chance to make seed instead of dying off in the coming winter months.

1 Like

I feared they were done, but I do have some auto flowering seedlings that are 3 weeks old

3 Likes