InTheWoods Journal

Really? If I understand the Chem cuts, You have like nearly 50% of the chem in that hybrid.
Isn’t there 7 chem diff cuts?
This is where everything get murky for me, so many offsprings with different expressions.
Into the weeds we go. :grin:

Haha everyone knows what it is. I get lost with names. Always referring back to what is the cross.
To be honest I never heard of Herijuana before. A little homework for myself.

I’m sure it has something to bring to the table. :sunglasses:

Great insight, if nothing happens today. I’ll pull it and try that out and replant it.

I really appreciate the opportunity brotha. I only wish I had more room to do a larger look into the full pack for you.

I would love a large facility to test for people. Let the breeders get a look and take the cuts from the plants they like to work with again to further their lines or stabilize.

1 Like

D45F

I will have bust out the chains for these ladys. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Either they are full of seeds or they are heavy yeilding Lazy Lightning.
Branches are being pushed their limits. I will put stakes in and get them all buttoned up.

Gorilla Cookie Punch

Frosty, Fat calyx purple people eater. A little finicky lady but worth it.

13 Likes

Odisha Valley

11 Likes

10 Likes

5 out of 6, one hold out still.

100% germ rate.

100% germ rate

9 Likes

3 days and I already have roots on the one GCP cut I checked. :sunglasses:
Faster than I remember. I’ll look over all tomorrow and take some photos.

1 Like

False alarm no roots on the GCP.

First day was closed, second day was a quarter, yesterday was half and then today I have the dome vents open full now.

(SB x LA) x GTH @Ottafish
100% germ. rate

SB x (PR x BV) - Ottafish
100% germ. rate

ODIN @stanknugzz77
100% germ. rate

SB x (PR x BV)

ODIN

(SB x LA) x GTH

11 Likes

What soil do you use? They look like they really like it!

1 Like

I am taking a risk by reusing my first run soil.I spent a lot of money on FF OF on this past run and wanted to try to reuse it by recharging it with chicken run compost that sat for a month.
I tried to go 60 Used soil / 40 Composted soil.

1 Like

It looks like they like it. It probably has good beneficials in it.

1 Like

Let the madness begin .
Odisha Valley’s are now in 3 gallons. :vulcan_salute:

10 Likes

I’ve been reusing my soil run after run back to back for several years, it gets better the more u use it and more runs u put on it. Dont feel like ur taking a risk even in the slightest

My soil is so charged over the years I’ve been able to carry plants start to finish in it even without feedings, the more aggressively u use it the better quality u will see over the years with the plants, I hardly like when its sitting unused which happens to be about 200 gallons out of my 1100 currently.

If u know it’s gonna have some down time then I suggest having a crate or container u can dump it all in and collect it, I’ve got a 300 gallon wooden crate that I line the inside with moving blankets and fill which keeps my soil aerated and allows drainage so I can water it and keep things active, great to throw the tea bags in and clean the compost tea stuff over it all too

When I dump my grow bags into it I just put a cup of Dr earth veggie/herb per 10 gallons of soil and just keep piling on the layers and when I finally scoop out of it I dig deep and not wide holes so I’m getting a nice mix of the “layers” for the new container

When it comes to chicken shit be careful how much u use, it has a lot of slow release nitrogen in it so can make things a bit hot if left to cook for a while or can still have to much nitrogen for the flower cycle, small amounts can do wonders though!

I’d highly suggest the re amend with Dr earth between runs though letting it cook for about a month. Nice meal package and microbes package to keep things rolling strong with a general nutrition

Last tip I’d suggest is either expect to keep adding in more perlite cuz it blows all over and dust down to nothing or slowly add in some lava rock. Ur plants will appreciate it! But that’s what ur soil does lose over time

2 Likes

Awesome to hear.
Nice write up and thank you for the information. I was going to try the recharge but also will look into the Dr earth.

Will do!

1 Like

I like Dr earth for pricepoint and availability. 12lb bag is available at home depot for around 30 bucks and is enough coverage for 240 gallons at the suggested rate of 1 cup per 10 gallon. That’s a cheap way to charge up ur soil for the next run

Recharge is a great product too, just is strictly microbes and not the added meal package and could easily use them together

1 Like

I also use Dr Earth to keep my soil movin. :+1:

2 Likes

Thats great, I’m pretty cheap lol.
I like that price!

Im on the right track then. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

11 Likes

It really starting to chunk up for you @InTheWoods !:sweat_smile:
Well it’s got enough pistils to make seed anyhow. Looks like it’s gonna be a marathon.
:v::canada:

3 Likes

Oh yea haha. One pistil at a time. Shockingly it seems to be going quite quick to me. Time fly’s when you having fun. Fingers crossed the Affie male cuts get roots within the next week.

Even though I know I have some time, I feel like I’ll be cutting it close by the time they start dropping pollen.

How many weeks would you veg the cuts before flipping? Or is it best to just put into flower after rooting?

Hope you had a great weekend brotha! :vulcan_salute: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think you’d better get it flowering as soon as it has roots and is growing up top. At best your probably 3-4 wks away from pollin dropping. You should still have time, if the Odisha is a 16 plus weeker. Best of luck with your project and you have a great Monday night of the long weekend!
:v::canada:

2 Likes