InTheWoods Journal

Them Fiskars micro tip are my go-to. Great for fine trimming and tight pruning. I think I have like eight pairs, lol. :+1:
I will warn ya though, that gold coating will come off if you scrape them to hard when you’re reclaiming your scissor hash. The black coated ones are more likely not to do that. I can’t seem to find the Micro-tip locally in just stainless. :frowning:
I’ve got some others I really like as well. I also have carpel tunnel. So when I’m just going full lazy hack job, lol, I will use these.

Sago Brothers Bonsai Pruning Scissors

2 Likes

I just finished up helping my friend trim his first grow and found myself breezing thru nugs with the Fiskers. He is over the moon, already has two plant started. Purple Crunch and Sugar Mints.
These were so much easier than normal pair of scissors :joy: After all the trimming was done
I rolled a fat joint of gush mints with a bunch of ice cream cake crumble , mid way thru he goes “im uncomfortably high” :rofl:

Thanks for the heads up. I love them already. I can see why you have 8 pairs haha.
I only use my nail to remove the hash from the scissors to keep that coating on there. Those bonsai pruners are cool and probably last longer too. :vulcan_salute: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Good Morning OG :coffee: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Good morning @InTheWoods glad you found those scissors great, I too have several pairs , I have all sorts of Fiskars stuff actually including these awesome scissors that will cut through anything.

1 Like

@TopShelfTrees1 Fisker has definitely gained a long-term customer. Very nibble, easy on the wrist too. The scissor hash was tasty from the BFC and easily collectable from the coating.

I didn’t take many pictures as I was burning the midnight oil.

With all the buds trimmed and bagged up to start curing. The Humidity is around 52-55%. Thought i was still too low, I added some stems that were that still had some moisture left in them to help get the humidity up at least 58-62% range. This is a learning curve for both of us. :joy:

Banana Fruit Cake - Still Grape now n laters smell.

Tahoe Animal - Classic Tahoe Og upfront with slight sweetness undertone.

7 Likes

Organized chaos :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Looks great! Gotta love some fresh scissor hash! I’m gonna try groves for the first time mysekf this time. Great idea with the stem too :bulb:

2 Likes

It’s a FROST FOR ALL!

1 Like

@TopShelfTrees1 Thanks brotha! Its snowing June :joy:

Back then as a youngin I never got to cure. All buds were promptly smoked. :rofl: and never got to enjoy it at its fullest potential.

Looking forward to actually trying a proper 3 month cured bud.

1 Like

This can happen to the best of us. :rofl:

Yeah, the bonsai pruners are great when just hacking up for edibles or hash(mostly when I get annoyed by foxtails, lol). They make the job super fast. Only downside is that if you spring em all the way back to fast, the blade will cross over. Small learning curve, but no biggie.

1 Like

I have the fiskars version of those, hate them. I like the idea of those ones you have though for right trimming are they small (palm of your hand) @blowdout2269 ?

Good to know as I like to roll fat fingers but not trying to lose my actual finger :joy:

They seem like once you get used to them, they’d outlast the pair of fiskers. Prefer the industrial look and less things to brake on it.

1 Like

Yes, quite small actually. Maybe 4 or 5×2"?

@InTheWoods, it takes a while to dull them Micro-tips. And there is a way to sharpen them, if you know what you’re doing. :+1:

2 Likes

Exactly, the only downfall to the fiskars snips is the spring (replacements available) and the lock gets messed up on some too, I have some old and some new and it seems like the old ones have crap locks but good springs, reverse for new.

@blowdout2269 im gonna grab a pair for sure, thanks for sharing bro

1 Like

I hopefully can get a good two run out of them :crossed_fingers: before having to order those bonsai snips. If I do sharpen, wouldn’t that remove the coating more?

Even after one use I can tell the lock mechanism is janky. The spring seems good but like you said it is the other weak point. When I see replacement available, I immediately think that in development/testing a choice was made for the purpose of reoccurring revenue.

Probably best to have a second pair of something as stand by just in case. I have trimmed with reg scissors before but it’s very tedious and more time consuming.

1 Like

Well Corona also makes some really good ones, and they come with a replacement spring. I own a pair. Though they are nowhere near as fine a tip as the Micro-tip.
20230612_082051

1 Like

Muahaha :smiling_imp:

Mail Call From @Budderton :sunglasses:

Only way to say thanks again is to start germinating. 2x Odisha and 4x La Affie s1 #9 x Afghan hashplant…F1 hybrid here we go :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Updated list of what I now have germinating/direct planted for the next run. :sunglasses:

6x Gorilla Cookie Punch from Sunken Treasure.
4x LA Affie S1 #9 x Afghan Hashplant from Budderton
3x Royal Processions from Darkillusion
3x Lazy Lightning from Bodhi
2x Odisha from Budderton
1x Purple Cake from Greenpoint
1x The Sweets from Greenpoint
1x Purple Crunch from Greenpoint

3 Likes

Right on @InTheWoods ! I can’t believe someone is actually gonna use them as intended! :+1: If you’re successful , you’ll have an interesting, true F1 batch of seed. Best of luck with them.
:grin::v:

5 Likes