Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

Yo yo! Welcome @DJSF! So glad ya could make it!

3 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome @Shadey & @Longtooth! Hope to see ya around!

3 Likes

Welcome to og @DJSF
Happy weekend brother…

3 Likes

Welcome @DJSF
You gonna love it.

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @DJSF , glad you could join us.

4 Likes

Hey whassup everybody, I’m new to Overgrow but not to the game. I’ve been a cultivator of exotic vegetables since I confiscated a blunt of that good from a patron as a night club bouncer back in 2003. Decided to puff on it instead of throw it away and BOOM! Years of D.A.R.E brain washing seminars erased! Since its impossible to find top quality meds consistently in my state, I decided to try my hand at the endeavor of growing. Turned out to be my most enjoyable hobby and been growing my own meds ever since. Started off by doing all perlite hempy buckets using the Lucas formula. Results were good but ever since I switched to no till soil, my results have been even greater. I’m a quiet loner by nature but I look forward to meeting new people that share my love for this plant.

13 Likes

Welcome to OG @Cohiba_Cheefa , always happy to see a new member join the community. Make yourself at home :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to OG Cohiba_Cheefa, it is the best hobby without a doubt and OG is the friendliest sight, great to have you aboard.

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @Cohiba_Cheefa.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Cohiba_Cheefa
Very welcome!

2 Likes

Greetings from Southwestern New York…!!! I’m back growing after a 20+ year hiatus, and legally this time… Still stealth growing using a small 2 x 2 x 4 grow cabinet… Loving LED’s (primarily SIL’s) compared to the Fluorescent’s, HPS, and MH lighting I was using years ago… Currently using nylon rope wicking pots and soil, my preferred watering method, but have also used inert mediums as well as ebb and flow hydroponics…

11 Likes

Welcome aboard @GrowBoxBudGuy
I hope you enjoy!

1 Like

Welcome to OG GrowBoxBudGuy, sounds like you’ll fit in here we all learn from each other( and me from everyone lol)

1 Like

Hi all, glad to be here.

5 Likes

Welcome to OG @GrowBoxBudGuy and @snizzyy

2 Likes

Hi @DJSF, @Cohiba_Cheefa and @GrowBoxBudGuy! Welcome to OG! You’ll both love it here!! Guaranteed!! Have fun!

3 Likes

This place seems too good too be true. Friendly folks. Loads of knowledge. Good vibes.

Greetings from a tiny NYC apartment. My journey with cannabis began in the early 90s with whatever my friends could get from the streets of Philly. I remember that first high, sitting on the couch at my boyfriend’s house. He pulled out a box of lemonheads and pointing to it said “His head is a lemon.” And so was mine. Laughed till we cried. Innocent times.

lemonhead

I believe there are a lot of folks like me who are coming back to cannabis years and years later through CBD oil. My doctor suggested it to me in to help cope with stress. I bought some at a health food shop. I took a dose and went to my usual coffee shop and took a sip of coffee and all of the sudden I was a 13 year old lemonhead again. The coffee tasted like 500 spices. I immediately went to Central Park and felt so… peaceful. I began journaling spontaneously to capture my thoughts and have filled half a dozen notebooks solid since. I know I will treasure these keepsakes of this precious time of my life with kids growing up when I’m old(er). If nothing else I’m grateful for this.

Anyway I read an interview with cannabis physician Dr. Dustin Sulak who talked up the transformational healing of THC. I’ll post the interview at the bottom of this TED talk I seem to be writing. That is when I got my MMJ card and lo the disappointment when I went to a dispensary. No certificates of analysis. Nothing organic. Sublingual oils an afterthought category, chemically-smelling stuff in a cheap, clear plastic bottle. My CBD oil had COAs, organic grown, black glass bottle, even CGMP certification.

I’m sticking with CBD oil till I can do better on my own, I like milligram precision. I mix my full spectrum CBD oil with delta 8 THC (both sourced from NuLeaf, a quality CBD oil company). I would much rather dose with a good balanced mix of the wonderful terpenes, flavonoids and cannabinoids, especially THC from fire cannabis, but unless I can get to Maine, it isn’t happening soon. Hence I’m embarking on a home grow filled with trepidation.

When I get my little CBD and delta 8 oils mixed right, I am able to process a lot of trauma (lost a parent to alcohol, who would have benefited from cannabis therapy) and, well, I just feel “like myself” when the dose it spot on. The support is beyond anything I could have dreamed possible. It is really transformative. I’m a better, healthier version of myself.

What else? I love Radiohead, playing with Legos, riding my folding bike, hunting up good used books and reading them out loud to my kids… Right now I am reading them The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind by William Kamkwamba, about a dirt poor boy from Malawi who built a windmill from an ancient textbook and scrap junk and gave his village electricity. Good stuff for privileged city kids to hear cuddled up in their bunk bed.

I want to give back when my kids are launched and help people like me who are atypical in that they do not smoke take cannabis oil to help heal.

Well… Thanks for listening! And thanks for being part of this community!!

Here is the interview with Dr. Sulak.

13 Likes

So glad to see your here. Welcome :wave:
And anybody I missed
:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Hi @101! Welcome to OG! You’ll love it here! Enjoy!!

2 Likes

Hi OG, been lurking for quite a while, I love good blueberry and sour bubble, I’ve also been collecting books about weed for almost 20 years, glad to be here, @LemonadeJoe , let me know if you ever want to sell that spiral bound copy of Bonanza of Green, Very nice book dude :+1:

11 Likes