Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

Hi @Geneticsofturpene, welcome to OG, you’ll love it here, without a doubt, enjoy.

3 Likes

Thanks man I’m happy to be here haha

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @PineScented , @Geneticsofturpene
Glad to have you onboard with us :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

Hi OG.

Been lurking for a bit. I post lightly on riu (Bodhi and akbb threads mostly), but have enjoyed the feel here.

Outdoor only grower, 44 lat

15 Likes

Welcome to OG! :grin: :v:

3 Likes

Hello everybody!!

I found the website not too long ago and I’ve been lurking ever since - enjoying different growers and journals. I love love love organic / no till / ROLS growing / permaculture growing and nerding out on anything pertaining to the topics!! The community here seems AMAZING so I decided to be a part instead of just hanging out in the corner. Thanks for having me! Thrilled to be here!

Much love!!
Perro

20 Likes

Welcome to og @Perro your going to love it here such a awesome community hope to see you around from one organics nerd to another :seedling:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, DHG!! Much Love my friend!

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @Perro , glad you could join us. Make yourself at home :slight_smile:

Hi @Klyphman and @Perro, welcome to OG, you’ll love it here, guaranteed… Have fun

2 Likes

Wow, thanks again for the warm welcomes. A little more about myself (I’m an awkward shy human being and don’t know how to talk sometimes LOL but for real). I live in the US, in a state where our plant medicine is still illegal (so weird and crazy). I’m in love with growing. Inside and out. The more I learn, the more I’m in awe of the plants and all the different factors that potentially change the expressions of our beloved plant. I deal with anxiety and depression so I like relaxing and happy strains - uplifting and clear headed effects that keep me going and make life better. Also, the fact that so many people share seeds here is amaaaaaaazing beyond words!! So much Love! I look forward to sharing and learning more. Thanks again y’all - much gratitude!

Perro

18 Likes

@Klyphman I’ve never grown outdoors (tough in the desert heat), I’d love to see some pics of the garden.
Welcome to OG.
@perro Good to have you, too! The community is great while you read, and even better when you engage! Glad to have you out of the shadows.

3 Likes

Felt this trying my hand outdoors in the az desert hopefully they can stand up to the heat wave will be a fun learning experience regardless @HeadyBearAdventures

2 Likes

Good luck my friend; I’ve heard that the heat and light intensity, combined with low humidity, degrade terpene and cannabinoid profiles, so I’ve always been reticent to pop stuff outside. I’d love it if you proved that info wrong!

3 Likes

Hey, lots of people use shade netting for extreme sun areas. You can get any % of shade that you want. People in your area should be able to tell you their own experience and what works best.

I would like to use it where I’m at but it’s not super cheap. It would be worth every penny, though. I’m at 6400 ft. elevation and a very dry and low humidity area, and the sun is insane hot and intense. But, creating a better environment is possible.

You could put a low pressure “misting” attachment to a hose going to your grow spot for the hottest part of the day. Felt pots will prevent over heated roots better than hard plastic.

That heat can work in your favor, but you’d need a private back yard and a spot to hang you shade cloth. Throw some veggies in, too.

If you’re in the hottest part of the desert, it still may be a stretch. I’ve been to that type of heat in AZ, and around Big Bend Natl. Park on the Texas/Mexico border. You’d have to be inventive. Plants only really need about 8 hours of direct sun, if I remember right. Good luck! peace

5 Likes

Welcome to OG @Klyphman , @Perro
You’ll love it here…

1 Like

Welcome @Perro You did it right, lurk, learn and introduce yourself.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Welcome @SubtleSam you’re going to have fun here. Awesome group of like minded people that share a Passion for the Plant
:v: :sunglasses: :pray:

3 Likes

Welcome @Perro @Klyphman! I think you’ll like it here. :grinning:

I’m new too, and it has been wonderful to connect with people that have the same passion and love for cannabis as me.

5 Likes

Bodhi’s Garfunkle from a few years ago.

I typically put the clear tarp up around Labor Day or the week after.

13 Likes