Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

What’s poppin’ everybody!!
I would like to introduce myself, I am a seed breeder and a science nerd. My name is Myles; I used to have a small boutique seed company CALI GOLD GENETICS. I am super pumped to see Overgrow is back and I am stoked to be here and to learn and share and be apart of this vibrant community. I was 16 when the first Overgrow site was confiscated, so I’m excited to see OG is back and flourishing.

I’m a lover of all kinds of cannabis and have a special place in my heart for equatorial sativas especially Thai and Nigerian. I’ve been on a quest for 17 years looking for racey, electric, heart-pounding sativas. I am a huge fan of DJ SHORT, in my opinion he has one of the most discerning palates for selecting great flavors and tastes. I admire his rigorous adherence to Luther burbanks philosophy “select the best and discard all others” DJ is in my opinion one of the best to ever do it.
I am also a fan of the breeding work of Bret Bogue of Apothecary genetics.
I also think that Mike at Exotic Genetics is doing some stellar work in pheno hunting through many of the top cuts going around these days.
Buddy, Mick, and Ivan from Nirvana seeds are some great guys whose work I also admire. I feel like they are understated, but thier dedication to preserving and maintaining some of the best genetics of yesteryear for the cannabis community I feel is incredibly valuable for the younger generation of breeders and growers such as myself.
There are many more breeders whose work I respect and have a deep appreciation for but too many to list in my intro.
I look forward to meeting you all and thank you all for welcoming me into the OG community.

15 Likes

Welcome to the OG!

3 Likes

Thank you sir!

3 Likes

Hi Myles_CaliGold, welcome to OG! The place to be! Enjoy!

3 Likes

Welcome @Myles_CaliGold , seed breeder you say. Well you are just going to fit in around here perfectly as there are many really good breeders here. Take me as an example, I am not one of them, lol. But I do try to fumble through keeping my plants alive:) Welcome to the community, kick back, relax and enjoy the best place I have found on the net.

6 Likes

Welcome to OG man, lots of great breeders, growers here! Some of the nicest sincerest people on this earth are right here on this site

3 Likes

Glad to be here, thank you !

1 Like

Kushking902 Thank you sir! I’m always pumped to meet new friends and aquire more knowledge, as well as elite genetics. I lost about 95% of my seed stock and genetic library in one of the crazy ass firestorms we’ve been having the past couple years here in California. So im on a mission to rebuild a genetic library of sorts. Im looking for musky, hashy, oily, earthy, skunky, chemi-cologne, sweet and sour berry cherry grapey gas.

6 Likes

Really you just want it all and you want it now :wink: Welcome to OG I suggest you book straight into the seedaholics thread and make yourself at home :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you sir, the warm welcome is much appreciated as well as pointing me in the right direction.
Shadey your a gentleman and a scholar and if you got some dank beans don’t be afraid to holler

2 Likes

hey Welcome to OG @PineTarBastard and @UtahGetMeTwo !

2 Likes

hey amigo, i am glad everyone is thriving. i hope to share more freely & seek out those that can produce more f2’s. i am still a padawan on a constant quest to bring more well deserved acclaim to bodhi’s deeply revered name.

the mac f3’s turned out to be a mind provoking experience that i would venture on again. a good happy if somewhat euphoric high. nice bud structure, & can be a bit heavy on the senses if overindulged. i ran into what seemed to be potassium issues down the back stretch. they weathered through the high wind load due to the new fences in the yard.

thank you always

2 Likes

Good day friends. NoTelling here, the name pays homage to my old band, No Tell Motel. I’m a life long smoker and have never grown my own before.

I started my first grow April 1st with 3 bag seeds. Threw them in a garden pot with potting soil and two popped out. I transplanted the two into 5 gallon buckets. I was using a hodge podge of lights at the beginning, including my LED stage lights. Fast forward a few weeks and I have a 4x4x80 tent with LED lights and air filtration and plants are in 12 gallon airpots.

I shifted my time schedule to 12/12 two days ago. I am pretty sure both of the plants are females. I’m really excited to start seeing them flower.

Here is a pic of my girls.

15 Likes

Welcome 2 the OG! @NoTelling those look nice​:eye::eye:

1 Like

Thank you@MTL !

Welcome to OG No Telling, you got some healthy happy looking plants there.

Get over to the inside growing section and start a thread you will get all the help you ask for.

You might want to close that vent at the front, now you flipped to flower unless the room the tents in can be kept in total dark for the 12 hours the lights are off :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @Shadey . Tent gets closed in the evenings and is located in my basement, so no light!

1 Like

Hi @NoTelling, welcome to OG! You’ll love here! Enjoy!

1 Like

Thank you @Abbbian.

1 Like

Hey @NoTelling! Welcome to the community! Lot of great peeps here willing to help. People here will do everything they can to make you one of the best. Stick around, and post, ask questions. Some of the best growers in the world are on here with a helping hand. Great looking plants btw!

2 Likes