Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 2)

Welcome to OG @Smoked_out

You’ll love it here I can’t say enough good things about this site !

Many people are very kind and generous plus the information here is amazing!

3 Likes

welcomes all the new “HEADS” to OG enjoy

3 Likes

Welcome to @Smoked_out and @Txana_kuin great to have you on board!

3 Likes

https://overgrow.com/t/best-way-to-pay-other-than-bitcoin/97967

The post showed up and everybody started answering my questions (THANKS GUYS) if you stubble upon this the link to thread is above.

4 Likes

Welcome @Txana_kuin
Surely you will find great resource and knowledge here to go with your growing.
I’m not sure when cannabis was introduced to south america indigenous people, but it’s mostly agreed that it was after the contact with slaveries that came from areas what would be later called Angola and Congo (as it was referred in colonial period as ‘angola smoke’ and also diamba) .
I just hope that some these ethnic groups keep their landraces safe.

If your intention is to get some cannabis seed for some of these groups, just be cautious to not go with hybrids.
p.s.if some of these group already grow their own variety, any abroad variety introduced will hybridize theirs (which can mean losing something from their previous genetics)

4 Likes

@DougDawson @Maddawg @mota @Weednerd.Anthony @Draig

Thank you all for the welcome! It’s a pleasure to be part of the community!

@Abbbian Many thanks!!
Que show! Já notei que a comunidade é muito forte e amigável, estamos juntos!!

@josuejcas
Hello, thank you for the good reception and for your response, this is a great consideration to note. It is really necessary to care for the preservation of the local landraces so as not to lose this gem, its history and culture. I would consider taking some landrace strains from Ace Seeds that are more adaptable to the local environment, in addition to growing it far away and isolated from other local crops, and I would collect seeds from local plants for preservation, I think I could share the collected seeds with people in the community willing to carry out a study of these strains, selections, etc.

6 Likes

Hello OGs,

I’m Brazilian, lover of life and its different forms, I think this influenced my academic training in Biology a lot.
I wasn’t that interested in plants until I started my cannabis cultivation four years ago (I always liked animals more), but even with this walk I don’t consider myself an expert on the subject.
My contact with the plant came after leaving my parents’ house and moving to another city to study. At the beginning I only smoked pressed plant, which was what I had available at the time. A few years later, I had a relationship with a woman who was as addicted to pot as I am and together we decided that we could plant and here I am until today, I haven’t stopped at any point since the first time, love at first sight.

I’m just starting to use forums, I started using this type of communication a little while ago and I’m stocked.

I hope to share experiences with you all!!!

keep growing

15 Likes

@fazendeiro420 …welcome glad to have u . fam. Here u will find some of the best :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Goofiest​:thinking:. Best people in the cannabis line. So i say welcome aboard the OG train ride.

4 Likes

Welcome to OG ! @fazendeiro420

2 Likes

Hey! You’re very welcome friend!! To OG! Have fun!!
Mande brasa amigo!!
:hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks guys!! I will learn a lot here!!

4 Likes

@fazendeiro420, we’re so glad you’re here! What you will find here is a whole lot of weed loving folks. You know, just like you! :slight_smile: Oh, and solid information on growing our favorite plant in all sorts of situations. So pull up a seat, twist up a fat one, and let’s have some fun!

3 Likes

How does one contact a moderator for support?

3 Likes

I went to “About” and the Moderators are listed. I the used the @ symbol and messaged them FYI

2 Likes

Good afternoon everyone, I speak from Brazil, where growing our favorite plant is illegal like in many places in the world. and i’m happy to have found this community that’s all about love, respect and cannabis i’m really happy to be here. Now let’s talk about myself, I’m entering my 30s and the first drug I had access to was cocaine, with it I lost a lot of time and things in life, I learned a lot with all the pain I felt and suffered and that changed me a lot, way of thinking and living, that was when a friend who enjoyed growing had to move and he was going to stop cycling, he asked if he could do it at my house since there was space, in this part of life I was smoking a lot of pressed (Paraguayan marijuana) as I was faced with an opportunity in which I would be close to the plant, I said that I could do it, yes, in exchange I would like to learn to cultivate, and that’s how it started, after 1 cycle he got a new house, took off the appliances and went on with his life , that’s when I decided to invest in my own system, that’s when it started, and I’ve been growing cannabis for 5 years now, in the last year I’ve had access to old cuts that circulate in my city and that made me evolve a lot in cultivation, something that makes me very excited, I haven’t used coke in 5 years, now the only powder I see is when I drain my hashish. And let’s go for another year, may more cycles come and may life guide us on the path of happiness.

the dust that makes me happy :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:
lots of light to all and may 2023 be a great year :martial_arts_uniform::martial_arts_uniform:

12 Likes

Welcome @fazendeiro420 and @Pajarito! Happy to have you here!

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @Pajarito , @Smoked_out and @fazendeiro420

3 Likes

Hi @Pajarito! Welcome to OG! You’ll love it here!! Guaranteed!
Lots of Brazilians here, this one included!! Abraço!

3 Likes

Welcome to the OG @Smoked_out, @fazendeiro420 and @Pajarito !

Looks like 2023 is going to be a good year…

@fazendeiro420 and @Pajarito

Thought you guys might find :arrow_down: interesting.
Achei que vocês poderiam achar :arrow_down: interessante.

Glad to have y’all on the OG.

Here’s to a new beginnings :seedling: and great times to come!

6 Likes

Welcome to OG brother! @Pajarito

You’ll love it here ! Countless threads with great info and kind people sharing genetics all around !

3 Likes