Welcome to OG @PyroSkunk.

4 Likes

Thanks im happy to be here

6 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome he has and I’m sure he’ll continue to do so

6 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome @DougDawson

7 Likes

Nice to meet you @PyroSkunk, welcome, I’m sure you’ll fit right in here at OG.:peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Hello Fellow Growers!

I’ve been perusing the content here for about a year, but just registered today. Before telling you any more about myself, I’d like to thank the many members who’ve contributed so much to make this forum what it is. The fellowship here is AMAZING! I can only imagine what a timesuck this place must be for those of you who post regularly.

I’m currently on my second grow (or maybe my third, if we count the plants I’ve started and given away to friends/family). At this point of my life, I’m not partaking in the fruits of my labor, aside from the joy it brings to give the gift of weed :wink: I’m still in the workforce, and may be tested. But I live in the US, in a state where we’re allowed to legally grow four plants at a time. So, why not???

For my first grow (started last summer), I set up a grow room in a closet. I planted two seeds, both of which were primarily medical strains, offering relatively low THC. One (Zkittles CBD) was a 1:1 strain promoted as offering 10% each of THC and CBD. The other (Venom) was to be a bit more fun, promoted as offering 14% THC and 2% CBD.

I opted to grow these ~mild~ strains initially for several reasons. For one, my wife and I are/were both leery of the reported potency of today’s weed. We both used to get high in the '70s and early '80s, before most growers were applying SCIENCE to their craft. I’m not smoking it now, but she is, and neither of us liked the idea of smoking weed that made us paranoid. …So I figured on starting off easy, to reintroduce us to the herb we enjoyed so many years ago.

The other reason for growing medical strains is that we – and our friends and family – are old enough now to appreciate the benefits of anti-inflamatory, stress-reducing, sleep inducing FREE MEDICINE! Ha ha ha …Not free, but certainly cheaper than prescriptions. And there’s something gratifying about growing our own, rather than participating in what I consider a corrupt scheme on the part of big pharma/big business (tobacco)/government entities attempting to enrich themselves off of a gift from Mother Nature.

Anyway… I’ll post when I can, but may not be as active on here as some of you. …Still working, but looking forward to having more time, in the future, to devote to this hobby we share.

Good luck to all, and THANKS again for building this community!

MrGreenJeans

21 Likes

Dang, outta likes, but a big OG welcome to you, @MrGreenJeans! Couch jumpers You have observed what may be the site’s two greatest assets: Fellowship and generosity! Can’t wait to see the work you are doing!

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @MrGreenJeans make yourself at home. :v:

4 Likes

@MrGreenJeans, welcome to OG.

4 Likes

Thanks for your warm welcome, Mota. …Still learning my way around the site, but will be sharing my experience/stories as time allows.

6 Likes

Thank you, Prince. :guitar:

Rock on!

7 Likes

Thanks Doug, for the welcome, and – more importantly – for your many contributions to the betterment of this community.

6 Likes

Nice to meet you @MrGreenJeans, overgrow is the place to be.:peace_symbol:

7 Likes

Welcome aboard to all the new bees :honeybee:

Enjoy you visit

4 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow @MrGreenJeans , that was a wonderful introduction. Giving away weed is such a cool thing! You’re awesome. If you’re looking for some older type 70’s and 80’s weed that has a wider array of cannabinoids without an intense effect. In addition to the ratio types THC:CBD that you’ve already found, if you haven’t already you might enjoy checking out ACE seeds and some of their heirloom varieties that have moderate THC amounts in their analysis. Many of which are viewable on their website. For example, the Ethiopian or Honduras.

Stoked you took the initiative to sign up and help grow the community. Much love

3 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation, @Sbeanonnamellow . I’ve been reading many of the posts on here regarding heirloom and landrace strains. The OverGrow talent pool is humbling. I don’t think I’ll ever get into breeding, like so many of our friends here. But there’s lots to learn!

6 Likes

I was told to come here via TheOGBudCast. Will be lurking quietly to start with

16 Likes

Welcome to OG @Loopylou10. You will find yourself here all the time, like us all.

4 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow @Loopylou10, they sent you in the right direction.:peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Welcome to OG, @Loopylou10! Pot leaf hopper I’ll just go ahead and say it out loud - Loopy, you should lurk as long as you like, which likely won’t be that long what with all the loonyness that’s lately been on the loose here. I’m sure you’ll like it!

5 Likes