Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 2)

Yep, there can be no denying it, here you are, @JustTieflingThings, and a great big OG welcome at that! Congratulations on your first year’s grow! :+1: Perhaps we’ll get to see some pictures of the current/next crop (hint, hint). :slight_smile: You know these OGers, they like to see photos of beautiful weed plants, and imo every weed plant is beautiful!

4 Likes

Is this a good start?
Photographing these beautiful plants is something I want to get good at, so I guess we gotta keep growing so I can practice!

19 Likes

Now that is one practical perspective! :+1:

And a lovely photograph too!

3 Likes

Hi @JustTieflingThings! Welcome to OG! You’ll love it here! Absolutely! No doubt!!
Have fun!! :seedling: :leaves:
:hugs:

3 Likes

@JustTieflingThings, welcome to OG.

5 Likes

Welcome to OG @Barrie84 @Hetti , @Amendment3 , @smokekulture @JustTieflingThings ! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

Welcome to OG @smokekulture and @JustTieflingThings ! you found a good place have alot of fun!

4 Likes

Hello, Welcome to OG :+1: Nice pic !

6 Likes

Welcome to OG @JustTieflingThings

4 Likes

Hi and welcome :slight_smile:

May I suggest to look at Migro channel on youtube. An engineer ( now he owns a shop) testing LEDs and also sharing knowledge from experts in the field of growing. Watching his videos cleared the way to choose the proper equipement.

9 Likes

Thanks! Its funny you mention him, I actually have been watching his videos on YouTube this morning. He seems very reputable and knowledgeable. I had no idea he was an engineer prior. Makes sense tho. Thanks again.

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @JustTieflingThings !

4 Likes

My advice would be to not go too far down the LED rabbit hole. When I switched to LED I found myself digging way too deep on the subject. Researching 301b vs 301h, vs, vs, vs. The more I dug, the more I had to dig until I was in information overload. I am all for doing research but I had to reign myself in after a while. Checking out grow journals is a great way to help with a lighting selection. :v:

7 Likes

Old grower getting back online

11 Likes

@Wizdom, welcome to OG.

2 Likes

I appreciate the heads up as I was feeling exactly that, overwhelmed. I actually scored 2 of these lights new in the boxes for $500 total tonight. Migro did a review and they seemed to worth the buy. Couldn’t find much on here about them tho.

5 Likes

I feel ya. My last garden was 2014. Feels good to have my handful plants rocking again.

7 Likes

Welcome to OG @Wizdom !

2 Likes

You can’t go wrong with that. I looked up the spec sheet on them and all looks good. It’s odd they don’t list the brand of diodes used but no big deal. They can be daisey chained together to work off one control or left seperate. Nice score for that price. That’s 1300 watts of lighting for $500, not going to beat that anywhere. Congratulations. I will suggest that you get a fan specifically to point at the drivers. That goes a long way towards controlling the heat.

1 Like

Welcome to OG @Wizdom :v:

1 Like