Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 3)

Welcome @skyeden !! This is the best place to start the journey. Have fun :seedling:

2 Likes

Welcome to OG, @skyeden! This is most definitely the place to learn about growing our favorite plant! leaf :+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™m a retired electrician, musician, and one of the best anglers I know. I have two
prior state records to my name. A Lake Michigan whitefish I caught surf fishing for steelhead.

The other was also an accidental catch caught while fishing for bluegills. A black bullhead.

My wife and I both retired a few years ago and moved to a very rural area in Michiganā€™s lower peninsula. There is a pond right next to our home which has some very nice sized fish.

I feed the hybrid bluegills from May through October. The largest Iā€™ve caught was 13 1/4. Hybrids are a cross between a female green sunfish and a male bluegill. They grow faster and larger than normal bluegills. Largest perch was 16 1/2", the largest bass was caught by a boy scout as they used to have jamborees and camp out on the property. It was almost 23 inches and weighed 7 lbs on an old de-liar. Thatā€™s a huge bass for Michigan.

Happy pond/happy fish

Feeding the Hybrid Bluegills

Iā€™ve played guitar for almost 60 years and have
a bunch of stuff at my Soundcloud page. The newest listed at the
top. A mix of rock, blues, country and jazz.

www.soundcloud.com/belleswell

My youtube channel can be found easily by entering ā€œbelleswellā€ in the search window.
I have one Satriani cover there as well as a few short vids of the wildlife and some pond
vids.

Satriani cover

A partial list of completed phenos. Very partial. There are so many that
Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve forgotten many of them. These listed are what came to mind
as I wrote down the list.

Katsu Kush Cut
Sour Bubble BOG
Bogglegum BOG
Blackberry Moonrocks Anesia
Future # 1 Anesia
Garlic Cookies or GMO Cut AAAAA +++++ A friend who has grown medicinally for a very long time gave me some cuts. These medicinal growers have a way of breeding the best with the best and have done an outstanding job with this GMO strain.

Most of the
highest THC percentages Iā€™ve grown from seed have been around 30%

Papaya Cake Cut AAA
Gorilla Bubble GLG Tony Greens Tortured Beans
White Widow Seed Stockers
Gelato Good Buzz
GG#4 Cut AAAAA. Much better than the one right below from Expert Seeds
GG#4 Expert Seeds
OG Kush Sensible Seeds
Royal Gorilla Royal Gorilla from Royal Queen seeds. Suspected herm. This is the one
I suspect of sullying my daughters in a 4x4 run with 6 varieties. 2
oscillating fans in the tent and one blowing 425 cfm into the tent and
another pulling the air out. All of the circulation caused all of the
plants to produce seeds. The Royal Gorilla had the most and I also read
at another forum that this strain was known for going herm. I wish
I had known beforehand.
Gorilla Breath Humboldt AAAA
Slurricane Anesia
Snowcaine Twenty20 Mendicino through GLG
Sour Strawberry BOG
Blue Kush BOG
Skunk/Haze Sam the Skunkman
Vanilla Frosting Anesia

Aside from the cuts my medicinal grower friend gave me, ones Iā€™ve started from seed I would do again are Gorilla Breath from Humboldt, Vanilla Frosting from Anesia Seeds, Future#1 also from Anesia seeds, Sour Bubble from BOG, Blackberry Moonrocks from Anesia, and my most recent is Snowcaine from Twenty20 Mendicino seeds bought from GLG.

Lately, I have been liking the 20Twenty Mendicino strains that have all been lovely. Still, the one to beat for me is the GMO. Iā€™m always looking for the next great pheno that will check all my boxes, especially in flavor and effect.

I have a problem with acquiring too many seeds. Iā€™ve been down that rabbit hole a few times. I thought I was getting better and yet this year, I slipped and fell into the rabbit hole again. I would be embarrassed to say how much Iā€™ve spent for all of the years combined, and especially this last year.

Here is one pic of my fave that was an indoor plant that ventured outside for some photos
in natural sunlight. GMO at day 49 of flower. There are two downsides to this strain for me,
and that is the stretch, and the time to fruition. This cut of Garlic Cookies aka GMO was tweaked to itā€™s present record levels of thc. My medicinal friend is a provider for
medicinal users and the State required testing his strains for thc levels. Off the charts record territory.

After going to flower, the stretch lasts well into week 7 and 8. It will almost triple in size
from veg. The other is the time to fruition. 84 days minimum of flower and as long as 104 days for me.

Iā€™m a picture is worth a thousand words guy and I canā€™t wait until my privileges here allow me that option. So, having read the rules on the levels that can be obtained here, I intend to achieve a level that will allow me to post pics in abundance and be able to PM.

For now here is a pic of GMO day 49 that ventured outside for some natural light pics.

Same strain under a 1000w HPS easy bake oven. Week 9

16 Likes

Well let me just say holy shit and welcome to OG, @belleswell! Pot leaf hopper

2 Likes

Thanks m8.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @belleswell and @skyeden ! good to have you here! have a great time! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @skyeden your in the right place to learn.

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @belleswell will check out your souncloud page.

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @skyeden.

3 Likes

@belleswell, welcome to OG.

3 Likes

Welcome, @skyeden and @belleswell . Glad you both made it.
No better place to start than the right one, @skyeden . You found it. If it isnā€™t something you can learn or find lurking and hanging out here, it might not be worth knowing. Hahaha
Looks like youā€™ve got a nice spot dialed in, @belleswell ! Thatā€™s a great intro toā€™ve made, and Iā€™m thankful you shared it all.
Damn glad to meet you both, and hope to cross paths soon.
Stay up!
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost::raccoon:

3 Likes

Welcome to OG ! @belleswell, @skyeden
:v:

3 Likes

Nice to meet you @belleswell, welcome to overgrow. Looks like you are enjoying your retirement. Iā€™m preparing to retire, I have two more years and Iā€™ll be comfortably numb.

5 Likes

Oh hell yeah. Youā€™re the man to know! Big love coming your way. Welcome. @belleswell

2 Likes

Welcome to overgrow @skyeden and @belleswell!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I greatly appreciate it. Iā€™ve had quite a few listens
at my soundcloud page since posting the link here. In that Iā€™ve not shared it anywhere else recently, I can only assume the listens came from here. Title track off my 2nd lp is
ā€œSaying Goodbyeā€ and it has been getting quite a few. Iā€™m now working on my 4th lp.

Iā€™m waiting for Lemonade Joe to get back with me on using my imgur.com links for posting pics here. I have all of my wildlife pics, regular garden pics, because apparently Iā€™m now a farmer as my wife sells off some of our excess veggies at our small town farmers market on Saturdays, morel shroom pics, tons of deer and turkeys, and so many birds I had to break out an old Audubon Book of Birds when we first moved here.

The new experience for me when moving to this very rural location 6 years ago from the big city where we spent our entire lives up until retirement, was the sheer numbers of wildlife.

Some months I had taken over 3000 pics and over the last 6 years, I probably have an average well over a thousand pics a month. 99% of my pics are taken from inside with a tripod and a shutter release. Each month I will pour over all of the pics taken and upload the best of the best, usually 10 to 20 pics, to my private imgur account where I can post at forums or for use in emails. Finding them at my imgur pages is much easier than going through my pic folders to find the exact shot I remember taking.

On the other hand, I never uploaded my grow pics at imgur. They are all in folders labeled by their respective strains for that grow. Still some of my grow folders contain thousands of pics as well, as I would often take too many pics of what was happening in my tents.

I could never nail down one strain only for a grow, but as many different ones I could put into a 4x4 or a 4x5. Smart pots and a nice soil mix with enough nutrients for them all to reach the finish line. The soil recipe is one my medicinal grower friend gave me, even though heā€™s a hydroponic man. His recipe is enough for 6 10 gallon pots, which most of my grows in a 4x4 have been.

I get carried away with words sometimes when posting, so excuse me for digressing.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome and Iā€™m looking forward to getting the PM capabilities as the free seeds that flow from these warm and friendly pages warms my heart. :grinning:

Tight lines,
Cheers,
Jeff

11 Likes

A very warm welcome, I was born and raised in Northern Wisconsin, and despite trying never became much of an angler.

I can also relate as a guitar player, I started in punk bands 30 years ago :slight_smile: Great to have you aboard, so much to take in on these awesome forums!

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @skyeden and @belleswell :v:

2 Likes

Hello to everyone. I was a ā€œsmall town commercial growerā€ for 43 years. After fighting the ā€œwar on drugsā€ all those years we finally won and pot is now legal in my state. We literaly did ā€œovergrow the governmentā€. It can be done! So now I am enjoying my freedom and decided to come out of the shadows and live my life in the light. I collect landraces from all over the world and I want to reproduce seeds to spread these unique genetics as much as possible in the future so they do not go extinct. I am not very good with computers and I am blind in one eye so please bear with me. Thank you.

26 Likes