Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

I want to do indoors or greenhouse. I’m still trying to narrow down if it’s better for a grow tent in my pole barn or a portible greenhouse to start.

7 Likes

So long as the green house can be light proofed, for flowering it should be OK.

Tents are set up for light proofing but after a while they develope little holes in the silver mylar where it creases on the door flap and around the zipper. I just use my tent for veg, light pollution is not so critical in veg. I have a room in my workshop for flowering.

5 Likes

Welcome @timm0828! Thanks for your service bro. Vet here. We have a few on here. Enjoy the site. Sharing and learning from others makes it really fun and exciting. I think it’s a great hobby to keep your mind off of other things. Just like smoking pot, too. peace

6 Likes

Welcome timm. Keep it OG man.

5 Likes

Hi all. I love to grow and smoke pot, or whatever the terminology is now. My local dispensary calls is “flower”. Anyway I love to smoke and enjoy every aspect of the growth patterns of this plant from soil to water to harvest… I studied this sight every day for hours in 2004. Then the government took it down and now just happy to be living in Illinois where it’s totally legal basically… just always wanted to sign up but now 16 years later… I have been growing outdoors for 18 years now and I’m still learning. I started out only buying seeds from mostly the Netherlands and Canada. Some were junk some were good. Black Domina, Blue God, Grape Skunk, and old AK 47 which I grew for years, only thing was that AK 47 didn’t have much of a shelf life.
I like diesel strains, pine, and strong skunk varieties.
I have a lot to pass on and learn from u all. Hope we get along. God bless

12 Likes

Hey @corey, welcome! The site is jumping again so dig in and enjoy. We’d love to see some of those grows, too. We’re all still learning, too. You never stop learning. peace

3 Likes

Welcome Cory, sounds like you might have some great stories, you will fit right in here!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Thanks again for the push in the right direction. Been checking out threads and getting acquainted with the setup of the site. Plan on starting My DIY octo thread this week at some point. What section should I list the thread under? Thought about just starting a new all octo/bottomfeeding topic and then listing my DIY octo thread under that. I feel like that way others could ad there own DIY octo setups or bottom feeding methods.

2 Likes

Thanks guys! So much to say… still trying to learn the ropes around here. Anyway Im planning on planting chernobyl, fruity kush, and that old variety Black Widow… I will start uploading pics as the year progresses. It’s getting late but I uploaded a pic of my starter plants. I started them on the 3rd of March 2020. Gotta go ttyl…

6 Likes

Topics and threads are the same thing. List it under growroom diaries. Mods seem to like it when you keep your content consolidated into as few topics as possible. No need to clutter the site with countless topics. Especially if they are all grow pics and journals. You never know though. With so many people going to octos on overgrow the admins might just add a dedicated octo category. Lol. @Jetdro blew that shit up on here. Lol. For good reason.

4 Likes

@Grohio That’s kind what I was thinking the octo’s seem to be pretty popular around here and mine are working great, or maybe just a DIY thread for all us garden nerds. I’ll get around to putting a proper thread together sometime this week.

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @timm0828 and @corey!
This is the best place to hang out and meet new like-minded people, share pics, stories or just share some knowledge while the world is in a near total covid 19 lockdown!
Enjoy your time here!

3 Likes

You know what’s really going on is young peeps giving it to 60 plus generatinions.
Anyway start your seeds now young generations. Get ur plants as big as possible before planting outdoors…

3 Likes

Kia Ora from Middle Earth, New Zealand!
Day 8 of lockdown for us and my hours of reading up on bodhi strains has lead me here…
some great history and knowledge found already, big ups to those contributing!
Growing here in nz for 10 years. started growing stealth in the native forest and brought a 4x4 tent few years back and have been producing my own meds all year round ever since. Focussing on selecting strains that I vibe with personally and do well in our damp coastal summer for outdoor.
Sitting on a bunch of bodhi to pop this year, hopefully find a special male in his supernatural selection lines to cross to some proven, local strains…
Bless

12 Likes

Welcome to OG, Smalltime_selectioNZ!

2 Likes

Congratulations! You have hit the 'mother lode" of weed growing wisdom.
Over Grow was “The Go To site” for illicit knowledge. Then - shut down by the pernicious Canadian Government and then later resurrected by the legendary LemonaidJoe!!

Seek and ye shall find!

Welcome
G

8 Likes

Thanking you

2 Likes

Welcome to OG Small-time, get a grow thread started and sling up some pics.

My sister lives about an hour north of Auckland.

5 Likes

Brother I’m pretty sure it was the US government that shut it down. Overgrown just use to be more graphic pic of the week stuff like that

3 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow @Smalltime_selectioNZ. Dig in and hang out with us. I think you’ll like it. peace

3 Likes