Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Hi all! I am actually a female caregiver to an 83 year old man His primary Doc said there was nothing left to do but pain management. They are willing to give him Norco 4-6 times a day but with the help of his Gerontologist we weaned him of and he adjusted his meds to use MM instead. Now even though we are in a MM state, our city just voted to not allow dispensaries in our city. So I am trying to grow it for him.

9 Likes

Whatup dood

Thanks @99PerCent

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Reading most of your replies, it looks like I’m a heck of a lot younger than most of y’all so I hope to learn from your experiences! I’ve been on rollitup, ICmag, and some other forums for a few years but from what I’ve heard none of those compare to the old Overgrow… so hoping some of that magic is reclaimed! I live on the east coast now, but have worked in Humboldt for a couple of summers. Also an addict for any history of genetics, landraces, breeding techniques, etc.

8 Likes

Welcome @errl! :grin:

2 Likes

Hey @errl, welcome to the right coast (not to be confused with correct). Hope you are in a warm climate this month.

Glad you have decided to hang in this environment too.

Keep seedin’

3 Likes

Aloha from FOE20 of AB Normal Med CoOp

I was never a member of OG cause back then it was just to chancy and didn’t feel secure online…However I was prob one of the most dedicated OG strain base lurkers out there…Had some of the best information for its time…
Been involved with cannabis since my teens in the early 80s…Started a Med CoOp in early 2000 and talking online by 2004 on other sites but soon after things would go south for OG HS and CW…So again not feeling secure stayed in the shadows for a while…After watching some dramatic changes in the scene it was starting to become more convoluted and this drove me to want to speak out on lines I knew well that seem to be getting lost in the momentum of the scene…
So after all this time Im still doing what I love which is providing quality Med/Rec varieties to folks that respect, enjoy and desired/needed for their own reasons …
Been learning from and combining certain varieties since early the 90s but didn’t release any work with our name on it till early 2000 and even then was mostly underground gifts or swaps…As things progressed we started to produce lines that we could least say had our “feel” to them…We feel that a variety can capture the energy and vibe of its caretaker and we worked to infuse these qualities within our work also pursuing other breeders work who we felt had the same ethic…
Over the years we’ve tested or worked with some very interesting folks in the scene including…
NDNguy, Gruru KOC, Rushman, Motarebel, Tony of Sagarmatha to name a few…
My partner TKO(theKindOne) specializes in organics and the image MNS uses for their G13 is TKO’s grow of their g13/WW work…
We’ve been published in ICmag and Skunk Mag and have Help Desks on a couple sites to support our work…
We look forward to meeting more great folks this year and wish everyone a fantastic 2018 season …
Hope to be helpful …
FOE20

14 Likes

Great to have another established resource here on OG.

Welcome @FOE20

99%

1 Like

@FOE20 a mighty felicitous and warm welcome to Overgrow 2.0.
I hope you are easily able to overcome your “discomfort” with using Cannabis oriented websites from earlier times!
Circumstances have changed for the better!
I hope you feel comfortable and at ease here at the reinvigorated OG!

2 Likes

Welcome @FOE20! :grin:

2 Likes

Happy to have ya buddy! Good to see you around these parts
@FOE20 used to have some great threads on HG420
We’re very lucky to have him.

Welcome!

5 Likes

I’m from pa.delaware right now.love this site. Thanks

10 Likes

Glass blunt is #badass

2 Likes

Wow.i hate typing but had to say I’m in on everything you say and I guess now I’m an old head but as you say in the 80s n in 84 I started smoking and in 85 a friend taught me to grow.not huge but probably 100 plants we start from seed.anyway everything you said is kinda what I’ve done my whole life.wanted to say keep on keepin on bro.i grow my meds now.getting off opiates.dam doctors.:facepunch::facepunch::v:

7 Likes

Hello @nifty16 !

How do you find things?

Welcome to Overgrow.com

Say hello!

99%

I’m in the US but learned much of what I know from uk420 in the early 2000’s. I totally agree with you. Started out great and went downhill with the good folks disappearing.
Cheers

7 Likes

Welcome @nifty16! :grin:

He Guys,

Roel here from growerschoice.
I live and grow in the Netherlands for about 21 years now.
More into breeding strains and testing stuff now.
Made a job out of my hobbyso i am a Lucky man.

16 Likes

Welcome @growerschoice!

1 Like

Yes you are a lucky man.

And we are lucky you found us.

Make yourself comfortable and show us your grow.

99%

Hello @MajicFarms.

Come say hello and have a good look around.

99%