Irene (sourced from FJ)

Beautiful report!

I’m going to thread jack a little and tell a story.

This is my mamaw, Irene.

She was an odd and difficult woman. I come by it honestly. The family tells a story about her taking green onions from a restaurant home in her purse. She grew up in rural Kentucky before moving to southern Ohio to marry and raise her family. She was a music teacher, and nearly exclusively wore the color purple. She grew hundreds of tomatoes every year with little idea what to do with them all.
She passed at 100 years old. I had 2 kids under 2 was the stay at home parent, then my husband walked out. I was able to live in her home while I got on my feet. I’m forever grateful.

I need to grow Irene.

21 Likes

If I didn’t drop her I’d get her to ya. I’ve got stock I made with her if interested.

Irene x ril diesel (gg4 ril x karma sowah)

9 Likes

If worse comes to worse I can definitely help. But someone in the US may be a better option as I’m in :canada:

6 Likes

I appreciate you both! She will come along when the time is right :four_leaf_clover:

I’ve been following a couple Irene grows and the description of the handbag smell got me in my feelings. I hadn’t shared my story yet and knew it was time :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@AppalachianBiscuits , send me a good address and I can send you some Irene snips after Christmas when things calm down. I haven’t flowered my cut out yet and have a good sized mother plant. My grandmother use to take the rolls and wrap it in a napkin to take home from the restaurant. She was a single mother with 3 kids during the great depression so everything had to be saved and reused. Your story reminded me of her.

7 Likes

@FirstCavApache64 I Didn’t wanna tag you so you felt obligated brother ….And lo and behold :dash: on the wind I love it! Much much respect brother. God I love this place :facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

You’re going to see my address and say “well, how bout”
then walk it over to the house. :laughing:

5 Likes

man my nose must be busted haha i’ve always heard people talk about the old grandma purse/perfume terps (including bodhi with his grandma’s hp strain name) but never really associated the smells like that lmao. piney, earthy, savory onion, citrus bitterness like u get from an OG or PK, w/ that sweet touch… some people say marshmallow but to me its more like gummy worms.

6 Likes

To me it’s like perfume/leather/Kush and at a certain point straight onions. I suppose everyone’s opinion truly is different

5 Likes

I’m up near Charlottesville and Harrisonburg, sort of between the two up on the mountain. If you’re close, we can meet-up and save the stress of them getting beat up by the mail.

4 Likes

ya. it’s a complex aroma, sometimes it smells like chinese takeout and pure kush, sometimes i pick up more of the sweet tones, etc. and cannabis smells, tastes, highs in general are of course subjective!

4 Likes

Haha I can see the Chinese takeout now totally ! Never realized until u said it but that’s definitely in there too.

2 Likes

Can tell by the smile she was a tough one. :smiley:

If the cut smells like onion, that’s another reason to grow it in memoriam :laughing:

5 Likes

Here’s my Irene mom, you can see the tangle it becomes with all the branches.

12 Likes

Farmerjoe has it on his menu.

2 Likes

Smoking some Irene before taking the old lady out to our favorite Greek food spot. I really like the flower from the Irene. I won’t miss the cut but I will miss this profile. I can’t wait to go into the stock I made with her while I had her around.

15 Likes

frosty for sure… looks like :fire:… what do you usually order at the Greek place?

1 Like

Saganaki & pork souvlaki pita @Mrgreenthumb

3 Likes

Gotta love granny perfume buds! I’ve encountered this smell in alot of hazes and old world kushes. People love it or hate it, I freaking love it. Nube…gorgeous buds man! Those buds are very unique looking.

5 Likes

Thanks for the inspiration @hoss8455 just trimmed this nug for you guys. I don’t think I did her justice though…

The doc said no smoking for the next 8 weeks, for a minor hernia surgery… so I’m gonna be enjoying this irene and others today before my brutal 8 week break.

I told her "I just harvested some plants :frowning: "

11 Likes