Irene (sourced from FJ)

I get the same sweet dough background notes in the Trinity as well. makes me think there’s a common ancestor there, perhaps NL #1

6 Likes

I haven’t smoked the Trinity YET, very interesting . Now I really can’t wait to. Very cool

3 Likes

20231027_160633

22 Likes

ooooooohhhh. well done @hoss8455 she is gorgeous. what the nose like?

1 Like

Hard to put into prose. Complex savory and sweet very food like.

8 Likes

I just scooped one of these up from FJ. I am curious to see what this does in my space

6 Likes

Irene day 51 F

21 Likes

Fucking irene man

Where should I grow a node? Middle of a leaf stem, let’s go

13 Likes

My neighbour grew one and a bunch of the leaves were growing buds from the leaf stems

4 Likes

She do really be like that. I fucking love her. I have Irene OG x (Black Triangle F2) seeds ripening on the vine now, that should be ready to harvest in ~3 weeks. Fun times.

Also,

Just fucking with you two, so truly no offense! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

6 Likes

Day 61

Irene

28 Likes

How do you like the smoke on her my friend?

1 Like

you got her looking good. lovely flavor!

5 Likes

I love the smoke. Nice full body effects that start at my face and work down my neck and shoulders. Great focus bud, gaming bud. No racy white knuckle effects like other kush types.
I have a bigger clone lined up for the next round, I’d love to see how she does in a bigger pot. She’s in a 2 gallon right now.

Thank you :pray:
I love her smell and flavor, dream come true getting her in my garden :green_heart:

10 Likes

I agree, I’ve not seen her look that full / good ever.

2 Likes

Best I could do.

19 Likes

Here’s my Irene review & smoke report.

:sun_with_face:

Veg

Irene clones fast, but is a little slow to get established. She’s not super vigorous. For comparison, here’s Irene (L) and Bubba ( R) in the same pot, 30 days from rooted clone.

Flower

Irene grows kinda weird. Not sick or picky about food, just weird. She spits out a ton of suckers, her bigger branches snap easy, and she seems to trigger into reveg for no reason. A month after transplant into her own City Picker, at flip she started throwing foot long single blades and odd “fleur de lis” leaves. This continued thru the first 3 weeks of flower.

:fleur_de_lis:

However, once that got sorted she was on cruise control and 100% stable, no more funny business. I saw no buds on leaf petioles or any other shenanigans.

In flower, Irene’s a striking plant. About a 2x stretch after flip, she develops respectable spacing to her golfball nugs.

Day 45F

Day 60F

Harvest Day 65F

Big bracts. Small yields.

Easy trim tho.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Smoke report

Smell & Flavor

Irene smells incredible. Full stop. Early in flower she smells like a Polish granny’s perfume bottle, chopped onions, and old pennies in the bottom of granny’s floppy leather purse. Later in flower, she added a sour note. Intoxicating.

:older_woman: :purse:

After harvest and drying, while trimming she smelled of black cherry soda. She held that in jars - couple months later, there’s still some black cherry perfume mixed with savory, oniony and leathery notes.

The smell translates to the flavor - savory perfume OG, sprayed on a big freckled bosom. Mouth coating. This profile is absolutely delicious and probably her best quality.

:drooling_face:

Potency & Effects

Irene is very relaxing, yet somehow functional for a couple hours. Potency is a 6 or 7, pretty good for after dinner watching a movie. Then it’s lights out. She ends with a very heavy crash, and leaves me feeling groggy the next day.

:sleeping:

Bottom Line

Irene is definitely exotic, but she yields low and can be a little weird. Is she a keeper? I’m not sure. I feel like there’s no shortage of cute crazy chicks, but do I want to marry one?

:wedding: :peace_symbol:

25 Likes

I have observed the hooked leaf finger mutation also

2 Likes

Great write up @nube! You have a great way with words. She sounds like a complicated girl who is still a real good time!

4 Likes

Well done report, thanks, im gonna pass on her

5 Likes