Is 88g13×hashplant close to a original g13 or is the still original g13 around

I got 12 hp x nl1 growing right now, about 3 weeks old…

7 Likes

I’m fairly certain I still have a few Government Mule seeds somewhere in storage, it was a G13/Deep Chunk hybrid. Quite possibly the first seeds I bought online, I’d use most of the pack and save a few out of each for the future. There’s also some Deep Chunkolate or Deep Chocolate. If memory serves, they’re in a shoebox. Can’t speak for the quality, I was a terrible gardener back then.

3 Likes

Here’s a thought I had about G13 when doing some archive digging on something else:

4 Likes

do you have a grow thread you can link me to?
I’d love to follow along.

My lone survivor and super stinky G13 (legit old school reeferman seeds) is a female and that makes me very happy :slight_smile:
03-05-2023 Reeferman G13 - Copy
Just topped her for some clones and just going to keep her in veg till she goes outside in June. Plan is to make some seeds with Legends Ultimate Indica x G13 … I can’t wait for those beans!!!

19 Likes

I buy the shatter whenever I see it. I make gummies with it. Signature Indica. Always works.

3 Likes

I do!

88g13hp, hp x nl and skunk A x sour strawberry starts around post 70, they hit flower a few days ago :wink:

6 Likes

Iv head rumors and different versions of the story. Iv heard it stand for gov 13 and M being the 13th letter in the alphabet. Iv also hear it’s not g13 but rather GI-3 Gov indica # 3. Iv heard a head stash of beans made it out and this was the 13 one kept.

Then the governments version which is just a the name they deem to all cannabis containing medical properties. Or passing the medical stage of potency. Whatever the fuck that means.

4 Likes

The original cut is still around. Just have to find the right people. G13hp is a really nice plant to grow.

4 Likes

I have a grow journal of '88G13/HP going currently if anyone is interested

2023 Radicle Winter Grow -'88G13/HP

7 Likes

In my flower room right now I have reeferman G13 … I guess it is a G13 BX but it breaks down as airborne g13 x (airborne g13 x santa marta columbian gold)… I think.
I posted pics of it in the thread already but that plant is on day 30 of 12/12. I have 3 clones of her doing very well in veg and already small plants…

Beside her is a bush of 88g13hp (barefrog seed increase) and I believe it was made from NDNguy stock. These seeds were gifted to me and didn’t come straight from @Barefrog
I actually have pollen here from @Radicle_Reefer and I’ll be knocking up my 88g13hp female in a week or so.

Back to the G13 I have going… it is trending more towards a narrow leaf expression and a more open structure than the 88g13hp types I have grown. It was slow to show Trichomes in flower but they are starting to form now. It is stacking really nice and stretch was moderate and manageable. Not a fussy feeder at all and a very easy plant to grow. I have thrips hanging around and they seem to stay away from the G13… Will be interesting to see how this plant turns out and if it is a tasty potent plant worth saving, I will treat a clone with STS for some reversed pollen.

10 Likes

Pulled my last two beans out of fridge of MrNice G13sk that have been in there for a good few years
One unfortunately didn’t pop but the other a nice lady!!
Look forward to growing this again.I remember the plants were all stinky stinky

10 Likes

Unfortunately Airborne wasn’t very knowledgeable on cultivars, so that’s what he said to me. “Good Indica” but when I saw the plant on Marijuana.com after growing the G13x NL2, IT had the same resemblance. I KNEW, because I had the G13 x NL2 plant to TRACE the broad leaf blade. When he brought me a bud of it and I tried it, it was a 100% match to G13 x NL2. So don’t anyone think I guessed. I MATCHED and CONFIRMED, otherwise without the G13 x NL2 there’s NO WAY I could’ve traced it back.

9 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBJqtFVhHXS/

More proof of what I explained. This is true, someone named Blazer in Kansas sent 3 G13xNL2 seeds in 97, I got 2 to sprout, 1 male and female. I used the male on the Blueberry and got 1 female, which I did spread around through the country. That pic IS what I remember too, so it’s real. Guess even that one is still going after 20+ years, everything I’ve done to preserve these cultivars has succeeded :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

that’s the truth right there …

afaik, the g13 clone died and there are only crosses left to explore.
airborne (& pacific) are both G13 X NL from nevil’s seedbank release.

the clone by itself was rather meh … it yielded and crossed great, tho.
the ghash and gwidow, as well as g13haze are all really good.
(altho, they still lack in terms of superior taste, imvho.)

it’s a bit like with “the white”. the plant is kinda “boring” but the crosses are great.
things like f.e. blowfish are interesting, cuz they bring out the best of her and the
parents, resulting in something original/unique.

15 Likes

I’m sorry, I disagree it’s G13xNL because the first plant showed hybrid expression. AB G13 didn’t show NL expression. Wether it’s a phenotype of HP or NL, it’s still a dominant G13 plant. Maybe it isn’t pure, but I’ll bet it’s around 85% and bred true.

This I do wholeheartedly agree with, and it is better when crossed into another line, especially where potency is concerned to boost lines that lack it and lines that have terps helped G13 taste better.

9 Likes

where can I find information about the Hermetic Genetics G13 because as I understand it , Hermetics Pacific G13 is of no relation to the “G13” they only share a name. I’m not claiming that is correct … it’s just what I have surmised so far.
So I grew out the Reeferman G13 and I am convinced now that it is Airborne G13 x (airborne g13 x santa marta columbian gold). She is going to go the full 80 days as RM suggests in his comments on the line if the columbian expressed as dominant in the seed.

Then I just received more G13 work that was found in the vault/freezer of the late Classic Seeds. These were made by a breeder named Dutchgrown on icmag over 10 years ago. Her work was highly regarded on the foums around that time.
Her G13 is from the same Hermetic Genetics Pacific G13 that Mota used in his work.
The seed lot I have is G13 -IX (full sibling incross Lot #GIX 0810) by duchgrown and sold by Gypsy Nirvana on the old seedbay.
I also got to the bottom of who made the LUI x G13 seeds I have. These would be F1’s of Dutchgrown’s first cross. Those are good sized plants now and are in 7 gallons of organic mix and will go to 12/12 any day now.
Then I received more LUI x G13 except it is called LUI13BX Lot # Nov09L13
I believe these were also made by Dutchgrown and also sold on the old seedbay.

So i conclusion , I have Reefermans RM-13 but only one female survived the old seeds.
and she will stay in the flower room for 2 more weeks.
The Lui x G13 I am doing a seed increase with the plants I have
The LUI x G13bx uses Ortega’s cut of LUI and Hermetic Genetics Pacific G13. I’ll start those after the summer grow season wraps up.
The RM G13 and the LUIx G13 are in the greenhouse vegging so I’ll be able to show some decent sized plants of those once they mature.

Also landed some more of @Barefrog 's 88G13HP seeds so those will also be on deck once summer wraps up and that harvest is in.

12 Likes

What about
Free Leonard
G13 x Butterscotch Hawaiian

and there’s a few more

Bare

14 Likes

It sounds like to me you have the right plant for the collab I’ve proposed between a dominant G13 genotype and CripXmas B, so shall we dance :thinking:

6 Likes

possibly … I did notice there was discussion on that in the cripxmas thread.
It will be probably january before i have any plants/clones and harvested flower to evaluate the plants the seeds throw. My door is always open for collaborations and sharing if the timing is good. I’ll be sure to tag you when I start popping those after my summer greenhouse run is down :wink:
The RM-G13 female I have showed some intersex by popping anthers in the center of the tips of the flowers. I don’t notice any signs of them pollenating anything in the room but I won’t know till after harvest. I am running her again in my greenhouse light dep to see if she does that again or was it a grow room stress that caused it.
For now, she is not breeding material.

6 Likes

Sounds good to me. Will give me time to see if any better male pops up than what I tested and collected. So we’ll say tentatively for a fall 24’ box :wink:

6 Likes