Is it paranoia or what?

It’s not paranoia that they have your info and will never let go of it. As far as whether “they” are going to be out to get you, it depends. Generally not, if there’s not lots of money involved in your grow - if it doesn’t have to do with money or politics, you’re probably safe. As far as the politics of it, well, I dunno. The federal government has, quite recently, been arguing in court that merely signing up for a medical card is enough to assume that person to have committed multiple federal crimes and sentence them accordingly, just without the bother of a trial. It’s going to get thrown out if it hasn’t already, but it’s not a stretch to think that they, or another administration with fascist tendencies and different political priorities than guns, might try to leverage such a database later on. The exact details of whether it would be as unconstitutional as this move depend on exactly how they go about it. It’s reason enough for me to stay away from the medical program, I know that.

To be fair, all of our information is available to the government at any time - the NSA knows exactly what everyone is saying on the internet at any given time because they’ve installed backdoors everywhere, the third-party doctrine allows government agencies to bypass the Fourth Amendment and compel anyone we’ve ever interacted with to give up information on us without a warrant, etc - but it’s a matter of which groups within the government have acess to the information. Most likely as long as it never gets to your local cops, you’re fine. Even if it does get to your local cops, it depends how lazy they’re feeling, whether their officers are on their asses to get a bust, and how many other people are growing in the same area.

6 Likes