Is the origional g13 available anywere

Also, reeferman isn’t super reliable with facts either, if anybody has ever tried to deal with him directly you know what I mean.

I know K from trichome technologies had a legit cut that won several harvest festivals around the turn of the century. I recall a high times spread where it showed the cuts in his stable with thc percentages. This was super novel at the time. He described it as growing into a candelabra shape wider than it is tall without a dominant central cola. None of the g13 cuts I have seen online really fit that description.

7 Likes

I’ve popped some of reeferman’s ag13 fems recently… will keep you posted on results

3 Likes

Happen to know which g13 was used to make ndnguy’s g13/hp? Growing a few crosses of it and def have a G pheno. Just curious if you knew which cut was used in making that “1988 G13/HashPlant”

Danks
Swampy

3 Likes

I think finding a real-deal jack herer might be difficult these days as well

4 Likes

either its not real, or a post-89/90 ghp, But what i believ, is that he outcrossed it with something else… the flwer time is off by atleast 2 weeks., the real g crosses from nevil all flwer in 40-50 days… It wasnt until after the bust that SSB started listing it as a 60 day plant… the true 87/88/89 g13 crosses (expect hz) all flwer in 6 or 7 weeks.

best thing i say is get 2 packs of g/sk form shanti and pheno hunt… if u know sk#1, which we all should, then its easy line bred away from anything that looks like sk… Shanti’s g/sk are the Last Known verifiable and Traceable g13… everything that came afterwards, is speculation and rumor… (his g/widow is awesome, but its an outcross from the g/sk, one gen removed… for purity, bred out the sk from the g13/sk… that would be the only way to get a guarenteed g13 plant in this day and age.

7 Likes

GSkunk by MNS is a great strain. Funny you bring that one up.

But the Dragonsblood HP indica G13/HP pheno has a very G13 stench and look.

I’ll show my lil lady that’s preggers

She’s a Hawaiian Sativa F4 x ‘88 G13/HP

12 Likes

Exactly what it is…

6 Likes

i know rusty shacklefurd at silverstate? genetics has a g13 cut he claims to have had for 30 years or something iirc, i think he’s feminised it and has it with some testers. haven’t been following all my weedtubers as much as i used to

edit: i saw a comment he posted 2 months ago which says they do about 200 clones a month of the g13 but there’s a bit of a waiting list. not sure if that’s changed or if seeds are available now or not. his e-mail address can be found in the comments of the 2nd video

@BloodyAxe is this kinda like the candelabra shape you’re talking about?

i love rustys voice and the way he talks, alll right!

4 Likes

@deep_rob is that 45 days from flipping or from bud setting? 45 days from budding would be about 60 days from flip so idk, i’ve never grown either, just thinking out loud

2 Likes

Copy paste from: GYO seed bank blog… as with most cannabis myths take it with a grain of salt…

SEEDS.
The swirling shades of mystery that shroud G13 cannabis have projected the strain onto the imagination of every serious cannabis aficionado in the 420 community. There is so little concrete evidence surrounded the G13’s reality, however, that it could be that every myth is true, one is true, or the G13 cannabis strain has never actually existed – all are equally plausible.

The most reliable of anecdotal evidence begins, as is so often the case, in 1970’s America, where the G13 cannabis strain was allegedly stolen from a US government research facility connected to Mississippi University. A clone found its way into the hands of Neville Schoenmaker, founder of The Seed Bank, purportedly via Sandy Weinstein, having been found in a batch of Afghan indicas labelled, simply, G1 to G23. The G13 was the cream of the crop; it was quick-flowering, extremely resinous, potent and vigorous.

There is a glamorous, if dubious, prequel to the story, involving the seizure of a number of plants from a man called Michael Hallman. According to legend, the CIA and FBI used his catalogue of strains to covertly engineer the G13 in secret government labs – the same G13 cannabis seeds that subsequently ended up in the hands of Neville Schoenmaker. This engineered strain had an alleged THC level of 28%, which would have ranked it higher than most commercial strains available today, and is one of the least believable ‘facts’ surrounded the G13 strain. There is no evidence to support claims of such a potent strain existing at that time, besides contemporary, anecdotal reports of the G13’s strength.

The G13 plant’s true origin has little bearing on the current availability of the strain in seed form, however, as Neville only acquired a female plant and it was never self-pollinated into feminised seeds. The only places one could possibly obtain genuine G13 hybrids these days are Sensi Seeds, Mr Nice and Soma Seeds.

Upon acquiring the G13 clone, the Seed Bank (later, Sensi Seeds) created a number of successful hybrids, among them were G13 x Ortega, G13 x Hashplant, G13 x Northern Lights #2, G13 x Haze and G13 x Skunk #1. The G13 x Hashplant is the only remaining strain available in seed form and is considered to be the closest descendant of the original G13.

The G13 x Skunk #1 was easily the best hybrid and Neville shared it with Shantibaba, who shelved it for a number of years before using a Skunk #1 and his Black Widow to reignite the old genes. The G13 mother acquired by Sensi had, by this time, declined beyond rejuvenation, but their G13 x Haze was still going strong and has been used to create some fine hybrids.

One cannot visit a cannabis expo or competition without there being some talk of the G13 cannabis strain, but there is little or no chance of ever acquiring pure G13 genetics these days, if, indeed, there ever was. The genes survive only in the select hybrids created from the original stock, and only from Sensi, Mr Nice and Soma. The merit of G13, as a strain, is open to debate, especially considering the number of superior hybrids available today. The real attraction lies in the romance of the plant, in the mysterious and enigmatic history that has fired the imagination of every fan since it first appeared all those years ago.

7 Likes

I’m not even saying the candelabra thing is the legit cut. I’m pointing out we have multiple people with different cuts saying they are the real one. There is enough murkiness that I don’t think it can be definitive. Enough elite cuts have been debunked now that I just try to judge plants I have in my possession on their relative merits.

It would be cool if we could find the original cut Neville had. If you grew some of those out and documented them that would be amazing.

1 Like

Hell yea! Rusty is a great dude and former BBayer that I used to always “kick it with” in the walls of the BBay. Thanks for sharing that as I’m not looking to get a G13 cut but I’m always looking to reconnect w fellow forum buds

Peas
Swamp

4 Likes

I have about 50-60 88g13/HP gifted to me from Ndn himself (correction I gave those away these are actually am getting some friend a friend and need to run all of those for a seed increase)

maybe we could trade
These are still possible tho

vvv

I also have beans made by pacific (of pacific G13) and also some airborne gear but I heard they were the same

7 Likes

we’re going to release a G cross this fall, for seed season 2019… it will be my G13xNL2
hybridized with my BCGA killer queen… and for the record, im on the fence, about whereter or not airborne is just g/nl2…
((Airborne x C99)f2) x (g13 xNL#2)
The 1st release will be limitied, and completely free. For added fun, those will be f1’s. You’ll be able to select an ideal mother, or make yur own f2’s. With a bunch of yur own f2’s, u can see every variation and find some really neat phenos to clone, or whatever…
The seeds that i will stock and sell, will of course be stable, and they will be the p1 x (f4/p1)…

11 Likes

Who did the airborne c99 cross is that a duke diamond one. Or is that what the original killer queen is. I have a male from 42 genetics that is supposed to be nl5 mom xg13 dad. But the homie that grew it out said it had spear colas and smelled super pineapply so I wonder if that male had Cindy in it. Anywhoo id like some of those when you get em shucked. I got shit to barter.

2 Likes

barney sells this in marijuana form.

Yeah it’s been a long time since Reeferman was involved in that operation and I just don’t believe they have the original parent stock anymore.

1 Like

When I went to Barney’s in Amsterdam I asked for like ten strains before they had something I wanted.

1 Like

That being said the liberty haze was :fire:.

3 Likes

Vic High got the Airborne, its a clone-only. Same one that Subcool used for his KillerGrape and same clone that Soul used for the New 2017 redux Killer Queen… The rumor through the grapevine is that the Airborne G of Canada, was actually the TSB G13/nl#2…
i bought my killer queen in 2000 from Richard at Heaven’s Stairway. My buddy and I got KIlelr Queen and Cindy 1999… The KQ i have is from f2 beans i made back then. My cindy is s1 from that original pruchase as well… I’d like to grow out a few packs of the new 2017 KQ, just out of curiosity…I have a few beans of the new Cindy also, but ive read its not the same. and i love my original pineapple and i dont see it being replaced with the new version.

we refining lines and making beans as we speak… winter 2018/spring 2019 :smiley:

9 Likes