Is this a better way to store seeds?

Thanks for the link !!! :green_heart:

1 Like

I looked around and found one without the ice cube freezer… (more room) :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I would love one with out the freezer. It take up space that is a total waste for me. I have two and the both have one/

2 Likes

The one my wife is wrapping up for an Xmas gift for me has a tiny ice cube freezer. (The perils of working from home…she sees all the delivery drivers pull up.)

Getting one the same size without the freezer compartment about doubled the price….couldn’t justify the price right now.

1 Like

You would think it would be less expensive. With just the fridge cooling component.

:green_heart: :seedling:.

4 Likes

Yes, the parts cost would be lower but they might cost more if they don’t make as many.

I found with mine not to put anything against the sides. They were dumping heat there so a couple inch air gap was best for me.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I think they could be more expensive to make without the freezer since they likely have to use a better condenser and better insulation. Most refrigerators cool the hell out of the freezer compartment and use that to help cool the refrigerator compartment so the condenser doesn’t have to run as hard/frequently.

But as @Gpaw said, too, there’s very probably some economy of scale in play too. Most people looking for a mini fridge probably want some ability to make ice cubes or keep something frozen from time to time.

3 Likes

They aren’t much more expensive. Maybe like 20$ magic chef 1.7cf freezerless
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1-7-cu-ft-Mini-Fridge-Compact-Refrigerator-Small-Cooler-Dorm-Office-/255774540485?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

1 Like

They’re more expensive when you’re looking at 3 cuft or more

3 Likes

3cu ft? That’s some seed collection!

4 Likes

Not really. 199 check Amazon. Sorry can’t figure out how to link from amazon app.
COMFEE’ CRM33S3AST 3.3 Cubic Feet
And thats a 30 second search… I’m sure I could find a better deal if I was the one interested.

That’s double what I paid for one with a little freezer.

Edit: Also the one I got is from a brand I’ve actually heard of and have some familiarity/trust with

1 Like

The wife wants us to be able to put more beer in the garage beer fridge…so my seeds needed to move. Lol.

I may have a slight problem with buying seeds…considering I have 13 of those little boxes @DougDawson posted. It saves tons of room over keeping them in breeder packs, but if I ever lose access to my spreadsheet, I’m a little screwed since that’s the master key.

4 Likes

I understand about the mfg standpoint but they are probably all made in the same factory anyways.

Maybe keep a printed(laser) copy inside the case as emergency backup! That would be horrible to lose track of them!

4 Likes

mother-of-god-what-is-it
13? Awesome man, that’s dedication.
Alright well if you ever run outta 3cu ft space & wanna get rid of some of the ones aging-out, I’m your man :laughing:

4 Likes

I have to avoid the sides and the topshelf as it get to cold to keep the rest cold and not hot or freezing. I am much more worried about heat than freezing :grinning:

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Noted about avoiding the sides.

2 Likes

I’ve got a question about packing rice with seeds.
Should I be drying the rice first? Seems like a good idea to bake it for a while or microwave it to dehydrate it. Because what if the rice is moister than the seeds?

Am I overthinking it?
I got some 2ml vials with a storage box, and want to put my seeds that I now have in ziplock bags into them, with a couple grains of rice.

Like a Homeless Santa or a Dirty Wizard

2 Likes

3 Likes