Island Crippy partial charity auction details to start 6-23

In one week, the 2 fully seeded Corns crossed with an epic Maui Wowie male will be done. I’ve been playing name games and I feel ONE of these sticks, so I’m going to let OG decide which it should be. Once I’m ready to begin, I will close this poll and that’s the name I’ll label it as. This is OG’s chance to have what can’t be bought and isn’t available. I believe it’s the same lineage as TC, although PTK has a strong resemblance in budding. My gut feeling it’s the Paki and Chemdog 91 with addition of Hawaiian Ducksfoot. A reworked version of pre OG Kush. The crossing of Maui should boost the minty terps and make it much louder and complement the potency. I know this will be a hit for the majority of OG to experience what the Crippy is and my way of giving back far more than paying 60 bucks to support doing the work I’ve done to recreate better and stronger versions of the originals that will inevitably be taken to market.

Name for Corn x Maui Wowie
  • Hawaiian Corn
  • Corn Wowie
  • Island Crippy

0 voters

Btw I’ve already tested a seed…

808 genetics- Corn. It officially begins

15 Likes

Call it Island Crippy!! Claim the Crippy name as your own!! As an Islander and Native Hawaiian, I support your use of Islander Crippy since Maui Wowie is an heirloom strain, it just makes sense. Gives me a Crippy to grow over here on O’ahu if I can ever get my hands on them :smirk: establish some real Crippy here

6 Likes

“Oh, where did I get this Crippy? Well it’s from the original dank master” I’ll say that over 808genetics any day

3 Likes

You’ve definitely got a point. There’s enough info for anyone to research I have past credibility to go on :grin:

3 Likes

I already trust you a lot more for a good plant

2 Likes

Thank you brother, I definitely believe Corn B is the best. The curing has made the floral mellow in note but mostly gas/pine/funk loud terps that makes the Crippy known for, and with the mint and clove of the Maui, is an exotic touch. Sounds like you’ve got the right idea calling it Island Crippy. I’ll bet that is how this poll will go :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

I’m sure that floral scent could be refined pretty quickly though!! And if you can breed another Maui Wowie generation in it could balance it nicely

2 Likes

How about “A Mazing Wowie”

5 Likes

Cornhole Crippy?

4 Likes

A Maizing Wowie
fify.

1 Like

Maui Maize popped into my head.

4 Likes

Tiki Sticks

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I voted for island crippy.
I have a suggestion though, first thing I thought of was “Corgi”
I also didnt work today and had a few beers already so theres that as well, haha

3 Likes

“CornWowie” might be a good name too, but I like the ones you put up, can’t wait to see the amazing results. :+1::clap::sunglasses:

2 Likes

The scientific name for corn is Zea Mays. What about Zea Wowie?

3 Likes

Cornconut f1

2 Likes

Great suggestions everyone :clap: I will keep an open mind to anything else that may stick better, but seems like Island Crippy is sticking well, plus an endorsement by a native is like respecting the heritage of ode :fist:

4 Likes

We don’t really have a word for corn in Hawaiian since it isn’t native but the transliteration is Kulina or Kulina ‘ono for sweet corn, if it sounded better I’d recommend that but I feel like keeping Crippy in the name is important

2 Likes

Ok folks 8 weeks, what’s done is done, however (and this tells me it’s authentic like Tampa Crippy) not every calyx took on a full open dusting, so starting bid will reflect the difficulty from seed that pass crushing test being shucked and jarred. Looks like it will be Island Crippy FTW.

I just noticed the seed on the tip top, but it’s undeveloped and this is what I mean unfortunately…

While we wait for drying, we do have 1 to watch how it goes. I still anticipate late May

8 Likes

Good luck!

2 Likes